Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Bob Huggins out at West Virginia
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bob blew a 0.210 on his breathalyzer test.
https://www.wsaz.com/2023/06/18/bob-hugg...statement/

By Jim Treacy
Published: Jun. 17, 2023 at 10:21 PM EDT|Updated: 10 hours ago

MORGANTOWN, W.Va. (WSAZ) - Just over an hour after news broke that WVU head coach Bob Huggins would be resigning after a DUI arrest in Pittsburgh Friday night, he released this statement.
MESSAGE FROM BOB HUGGINS TO THE WVU COMMUNITY
Mountaineer Nation:
Today, I have submitted a letter to President Gordon Gee and Vice President and Director of Athletics Wren Baker informing them of my resignation and intention to retire as head men’s basketball coach at West Virginia University effective immediately.
My recent actions do not represent the values of the University or the leadership expected in this role. While I have always tried to represent our University with honor, I have let all of you – and myself – down. I am solely responsible for my conduct and sincerely apologize to the University community – particularly to the student-athletes, coaches and staff in our program. I must do better, and I plan to spend the next few months focused on my health and my family so that I can be the person they deserve.
It has been the honor of my professional career to lead the men’s basketball program at my alma mater and I take great pride in our accomplishments. But I am most proud of the tremendous young men who chose to spend their formative years with us, and who have gone on to do great things with their lives.
I was born in Morgantown, graduated from West Virginia University and had the pleasure of coaching here for seventeen seasons as an assistant or head coach. It will always be my home, and I will always be a Mountaineer.
Thank you to everyone who has supported our program over the years. It has meant more to me and my family than you could ever know.
Sincerely,
Bob Huggins
NO!!!!
I hate this so much!! Huggy Bear was one of my favorite people to watch while coaching.

If he blew that high though, I doubt this is the first time. I wish him good luck and I will miss watching him.
Good coach but he sure has made some bone head decisions. He should know better at age 69.
I dont understand why in his contract he didnt have a paid by the university driver, 24/7.
Bob got caught on dui back in 1994 as well while at the University of Cincinnati.
Yes he did. Ended up resigning the next year, I believe
Sounds like Huggy Bear isn't done with WVA yet.