Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 Danville Admirals
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Danville Admirals 2023

Aug 19: @ W Jessamine
Aug 26: Pulaski County
Sept  1: Boyle County
Sept  8: Mercer County
Sept 15: @ Knox Central
Sept 22:
Sept 28: Campbellsville 
Oct.   6: @ Leslie County
Oct. 13: @ Somerset
Oct  20: Breathitt County
Oct  27: Bardstown

New Danville High School coach Frank Parks Jr. takes the helm for the Admirals in 2023. Tagging the effort as The Revival, what can we expect to see on the football field from the Admirals this season? The Ads will be without several of the team’s better players who have transferred to other schools in the wake of several years of turmoil and instability within the school system and football program. At least 4-5 of Danville’s best upperclassmen are gone. Hopefully the Admirals have enough to begin The Revival. It’s a long way back, but a lot of ground can be made in 2-3 years with good leadership and buy in.

How do you see the Admirals season shaping up in 2023?
2-8
As someone who played in the early 2000’s it is hard to believe how much this program fell off.

When I ran track at Raceland we were in their region and l had a friendly rivalry with Kelvin Turner and I remember looking at him and thinking about how glad I was to never have to see him on the football field. Their track program as a whole seemed to have athletes everywhere and it made sense that they were so good on the football field.

Though I never played against them I remember how the duo of Turner and Penix just ran through the old Class A when there were 4 Classes. Granted that was 20 years ago but at that time Danville was synonymous with football greatness and it is just hard to believe that program is in the position it’s in now.
Danville needs stability at the top of its administrative ladder and the next superintendent they hire is important. They need someone who values academics and athletics and will stay for the long term. Going through five superintendents in almost as many years will wreck any school system and athletic program.

I saw Danville post its AD job the other day so it looks like there will also be a shakeup there.

Parks' big challenge will be to get the numbers up. The Ads will be young at a lot of positions and this could be the worst season the Ads have had in decades. It's hard to look at this schedule and see them winning more than 3 games.

Big game to watch will the district clash with Somerset due to the Clevenger ties.
Hope to see the Ads get back to their winning ways.
New coach seems to be trying to do things right. Trying to get more community involvement and trying to get youth age back into the fold. The problem is the community he's trying to get involved is still bitter about their old coach getting ran off. Plus the Superintendent who insisted he get the job is now gone. I'll give him credit, he seems to be doing every thing he can to get the program back on it's feet. He just has a very long, uphill road to go.
(06-28-2023, 12:58 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]New coach seems to be trying to do things right.  Trying to get more community involvement and trying to get youth age back into the fold.  The problem is the community he's trying to get involved is still bitter about their old coach getting ran off.  Plus the Superintendent who insisted he get the job is now gone.  I'll give him credit, he seems to be doing every thing he can to get the program back on it's feet.  He just has a very long, uphill road to go.

one of two things will happen.  Community will wake up and support, or end of Danville football.
All he’s gotta do is win. If he wins, support will follow. If not, then it’ll be why didn’t we hire Clay back.
(06-28-2023, 09:29 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]All he’s gotta do is win. If he wins, support will follow. If not, then it’ll be why didn’t we hire Clay back.

If that is the  thought of the community, Danville will never win.
(06-29-2023, 09:51 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-28-2023, 09:29 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]All he’s gotta do is win. If he wins, support will follow. If not, then it’ll be why didn’t we hire Clay back.

Winning is the cure to all.
(06-29-2023, 11:57 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-29-2023, 09:51 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]

Winning is the cure to all.
That’s exactly was I was going to say, win and everyone is happy. Lose and they will hate him weather it’s his fault or not.
(06-28-2023, 09:02 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]one of two things will happen.  Community will wake up and support, or end of Danville football.

I kind of hate this argument because there's not an obligation for the community to support. I know many who are done going to games or doing much with the program after the turmoil of the last few years. No one is going to make them change their minds and they are free to do as they want. As others have said, winning is the only thing that might bring some people back and even then it may not be enough in the short-term. And I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons the recent Danville super didn't last long was because of how this coaching hire was done. That ruined a lot of goodwill after he was hired.

I'm not sure what Brown's status is after his transfer was initially denied. With him the Ads have a chance to hold things together this year. Without him they will be young at a lot of positions and are possibly headed for their worst record in the last 30-40 years.
I read that Danville only has 17 varsity players out. If that's true and the injury bug hits them they may not have enough players to finish the season.
(07-01-2023, 08:56 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]I read that Danville only has 17 varsity players out. If that's true and the injury bug hits them they may not have enough players to finish the season.

I hate to hear that about any program as that is a sad situation. Tough days ahead for the program, players and coaches if true.
(07-02-2023, 01:57 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-01-2023, 08:56 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]I read that Danville only has 17 varsity players out. If that's true and the injury bug hits them they may not have enough players to finish the season.

I hate to hear that about any program as that is a sad situation. Tough days ahead for the program, players and coaches if true.

Community only has themselves to blame.
I disagree. The School administration has made mistake after mistake. Big ones !!
(07-02-2023, 01:44 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-02-2023, 01:57 AM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]

Community only has themselves to blame.

This is a pretty scorching take, although I would blame the community for getting rid of Dr. Keith Look when he was superintendent back in 2018 that led to the admin hires that have ruined the program more than any other factors.
The new administration did nothing to douse the dumpster fire of the previous administration. Instead they threw gas on it and continue to throw gas on it. Stay tuned as they’re rumored to soon make another tone deaf decision. It is truly mystifying to watch them drive the nails in their own coffin.
(07-09-2023, 03:43 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: [ -> ]The new administration did nothing to douse the dumpster fire of the previous administration. Instead they threw gas on it and continue to throw gas on it. Stay tuned as they’re rumored to soon make another tone deaf decision. It is truly mystifying to watch them drive the nails in their own coffin.

Is this pertaining to the AD job or the Boyle series? Both?
(07-10-2023, 01:50 AM)AdsFanatic Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-09-2023, 03:43 PM)Danville Blue Devil Wrote: [ -> ]The new administration did nothing to douse the dumpster fire of the previous administration. Instead they threw gas on it and continue to throw gas on it. Stay tuned as they’re rumored to soon make another tone deaf decision. It is truly mystifying to watch them drive the nails in their own coffin.

Is this pertaining to the AD job or the Boyle series?  Both?

AD job. It’s going to polarize the community irreconcilably if the rumor is right. 

Hadn’t heard about BC series.