Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry, Russell, Breathitt and Hazard.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
All great teams but thats all you people talk about. It's a great big state out there and a lot of very fine football teams all over who honestly could beat all of those teams on a good day. It's not a secret that eastern ky football is the absolute worst in this state. Check out some other games and talk about them for a change.

You might learn a little bit about football.

GO PURPLES Big Grin
Nobody starts threads about other teams, besides final score threads because most people here don't have the knowledge of those teams to speak correctly. I'd love to see some threads and talk about some other teams as well. The reason the teams you mentioned are being brought up so frequently is because they have several supporters and are still alive in the playoffs with the exception of Russell who was eliminated this past week.

Feel free to post some information about Bowling Green and I'm sure there are those that would respond. The Purples have had great teams in their class for the last decade. I actually had the pleasure of watching them at state against Lex Cath and was very impressed with their running defense and speed to the ball although Lex Cath's passing game was too much to handle for nearly anyone in the state that year.

Just start some threads supporting your team and you will get responses.
How many state championships have Belfry and Russell won between eachother in the last 5 years??? Nobody has talked about Hazard until this year. Breathitt really hasn't done much since 2002 when they won the state championship but they are in the mix again this year. It's comments like you just made why people around here cant stand the teams up North and in Central KY, you think your **** don't stink. I would put this years Belfry team up against just about anybody in the state except for the powers in 5A. Yes, they are that good. I'm not a fan of any of the teams you named but they deserve the respect they have rightfully earned, especially Belfry and Russell.
adopted purple Wrote:All great teams but thats all you people talk about. It's a great big state out there and a lot of very fine football teams all over who honestly could beat all of those teams on a good day. It's not a secret that eastern ky football is the absolute worst in this state. Check out some other games and talk about them for a change.

GO PURPLES Big Grin

I don't like any of the teams you mentioned, but you make them seem classy. :howdy:
I talk about Belfry because I live here. I know those boys like they were my own, one of them actually is. I've watched almost all of them grow up from little diaper wearin' ankle biters into a fine bunch of young men. They've worked hard, as hard as if not harder than anyone else, and they've been successful, and I'm proud as can be of all of them. They're my family, all of them, and I'll always be their big brother Smile
Both Adopted Purple and Tomcat68 make great points.

I would love for other teams around the state to be discussed but it will take new members and fans of those two teams to get the discussions going. Most of us talk about the teams we know but I am sure that many of us would love to know more about the other teams the state has to offer.

Maybe the OP's original comment could be worded a bit better so as not to elicit so many negative responses but I would love to see the site grow to encompass more of the state.
adopted purple Wrote:All great teams but thats all you people talk about. It's a great big state out there and a lot of very fine football teams all over who honestly could beat all of those teams on a good day. It's not a secret that eastern ky football is the absolute worst in this state. Check out some other games and talk about them for a change.

GO PURPLES Big Grin

Will Eastern Kentucky still be considered the absolute worst in the state if they win the state championship in two classes this season? It also sounds like you are implying that lower tier teams from the North, South, and West could beat the upper tier team from the East? East Kentucky still has a few teams left in the playoffs. Lets see how they pan out before you talk about how bad we are.
:kneel: I'd have to agree with you Midee1! (Very intelligent observation):Thumbs: Like Sarrrs...I happen to be a Pirate faithful because this is my home and my son is on the team. I have watched these boys grow up into the gentlemen that they are. Not only are they outstanding athletes, but most are very active in other extra curricular events and even maintain great grades! Heck, I gave most of them their start in school, by teaching them when they were younger. Give credit where it is due! I am sure that there are wonderful teams across the state, but these are the teams that we interact with and know! To say that eastern Kentucky does not have some awesome teams is a very unfair statement to make. There are DYNASTIES that have developed in these mountains!!! Just look at the statistics!!!:mad:
Everyone has great points, but we don't have many members on here at all that talk about teams in Northern, Central, and Western Kentucky teams. The site is beginning to grow with members from Bowling Green, Highlands, and Mayfield, but we need those members help by recruiting more members from those areas onto the website, and then maybe most of us in Eastern Kentucky could learn a little about teams outside of Eastern Kentucky.
To be honest with you all I just started that thread to see IF I could get a reaction or response. It was nothing personel against those teams. I know those teams are very good and have very storied histories. It's just for this discussion board or any to grow and have more participants on it you need to expand your posts. I'm new on here but could tell right away it was mainly an eastern kentucky board. It's great to support your team don't get me wrong. I am a member of the other two websites that discuss sports and enjoy greatly checking those sites daily. I'm form eastern kentucky originally and continue to follow all these great teams over here ( I went to Whitley County High). But this is a free site and you don't see that any more and I certainly appreciate it. It would nice to see some other discussions going on so you could actually learn about other teams and when new people like me come to the site they will want to come back. Everyone has been polite especially to this post which almost made me mad myself writing it. I would love to see this website grow and compete with the big boys (paying sites). In the future I will be posting things from central and western kentucky and hope we can have some great conversations about every sport not just football. But just like in life you have to expand your horizons to grow. Thank you for not drilling me on this post (as I probably deserved) it just shows you folks have class.
Go Pirates!!!:-)

GO PURPLES Big Grin

Ok i under stand what you are say, but i have seen teh teams from bowling green grayson co. and other from that area play football this year, and I would take the russells,belfrys,and teams from the east and they would kick the **** out of you guys !!!

Oh by the way befor you start I live in Grayson Co and have for a year now.
If you are from Grayson County then you should remember those 63-13 and 52-0 whippings that Bowling Green put on them this year. They played freshmen and JV the whole 2nd half. Grayson County ended the season with a 7 and 4 record and admittedly they played a pretty weak schedule. Do you really think the Russells and Belfrys could beat the crap out of Bowling Green. You must be dreaming or just a little mad at my post.
Redneck Wrote:How many state championships have Belfry and Russell won between eachother in the last 5 years??? Nobody has talked about Hazard until this year. Breathitt really hasn't done much since 2002 when they won the state championship but they are in the mix again this year. It's comments like you just made why people around here cant stand the teams up North and in Central KY, you think your **** don't stink. I would put this years Belfry team up against just about anybody in the state except for the powers in 5A. Yes, they are that good. I'm not a fan of any of the teams you named but they deserve the respect they have rightfully earned, especially Belfry and Russell.
I whole heartedly agree with ya...we talk about those teams because duh thats where we live. If he wants to talk about the purples let him..but dnt dish the things we say about our teams.
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4]

[SIZE=6][SIZE=6][SIZE=1]Belfry (KY) 62, Adair County (Columbia, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 62, Allen Central (Eastern, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 42, Allen County (Scottsville, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 35, Anderson County (Lawrenceburg, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 40, Apollo (Owensboro, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 48, Ashland Blazer (Ashland, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 52, Atherton (Louisville, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 28, Ballard (Louisville, KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 62, Ballard Memorial (Barlow, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 31, Bardstown (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 42, Barren County (Glasgow, KY) 13
Belfry (KY) 44, Bath County (Owingsville, KY) 10
Belfry (KY) 28, Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY) 26
Bell County (Pineville, KY) 28, Belfry (KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 42, Bellevue (KY) 10
Belfry (KY) 56, Berea (KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 55, Beth Haven (Louisville, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 44, Bethlehem (Bardstown, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 62, Betsy Layne (KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 62, Bishop Brossart (Alexandria, KY) 0
Boone County (Florence, KY) 31, Belfry (KY) 24
Belfry (KY) 48, Bourbon County (Paris, KY) 6
Bowling Green (KY) 40, Belfry (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 38, Boyd County (Ashland, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 35, Boyle County (Danville, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 62, Bracken County (Brooksville, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 31, Breathitt County (Jackson, KY) 24
Belfry (KY) 62, Breckinridge County (Harned, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 40, Bryan Station (Lexington, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 41, Bullitt Central (Shepherdsville, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 35, Bullitt East (Mt. Washington, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 46, Butler (Louisville, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 42, Butler County (Morgantown, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 40, Caldwell County (Princeton, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 40, Calloway County (Murray, KY) 20
Belfry (KY) 31, Campbell County (Alexandria, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 42, Campbellsville (KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 55, Carroll County (Carrollton, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 60, Casey County (Liberty, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 62, Caverna (Horse Cave, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 48, Cawood (Harlan, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 27, Central (Louisville, KY) 22
Belfry (KY) 31, Central Hardin (Cecilia, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 38, Christian Academy (Louisville, KY) 13
Belfry (KY) 35, Christian County (Hopkinsville, KY) 26
Belfry (KY) 38, Clark (Inez, KY) 13
Belfry (KY) 38, Clark (Winchester, KY) 21
Clay (Lexington, KY) 34, Belfry (KY) 22
Belfry (KY) 42, Clay County (Manchester, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 62, Clinton County (Albany, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 44, Conner (Hebron, KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 28, Corbin (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 21, Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) 20
Belfry (KY) 46, Crittenden County (Marion, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 42, Cumberland (KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 28, Danville (KY) 19
Belfry (KY) 31, Daviess County (Owensboro, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 35, Dayton (KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 40, DeSales (Louisville, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 28, Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 38, Doss (Louisville, KY) 17
DuPont Manual (Louisville, KY) 34, Belfry (KY) 19
Belfry (KY) 28, Dunbar (Lexington, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 42, East Carter (Grayson, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 42, East Jessamine (Nicholasville, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 56, East Ridge (Lick Creek, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 26, Eastern (Louisville, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 42, Edmonson County (Brownsville, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 42, Elizabethtown (KY) 22
Belfry (KY) 52, Eminence (KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 48, Estill County (Irvine, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 62, Evangel Christian (Louisville, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 48, Evarts (KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 35, Fairdale (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 38, Fairview (Ashland, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 31, Fern Creek (Louisville, KY) 28
Belfry (KY) 49, Fleming County (Flemingsburg, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 31, Fort Campbell (KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 56, Fort Knox (KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 35, Frankfort (KY) 21
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
This is a wonderful place to DISCUSS teams and football. ALL HIGH SCHOOL football. If you want to compare the size of your winky then do it somewhere else, but if you want to discuss high schoool football- THIS IS THE PLACE!!!!!!!!!!!!
And it is good!!!!!!!!!!!!
[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4][SIZE=1][SIZE=2][SIZE=1]Belfry (KY) 35, Russell (KY) 17[/SIZE]
[SIZE=1]Belfry (KY) 42, Russell County (Russell Springs, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 40, Russellville (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 28, Ryle (Union, KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 38, Scott (Covington, KY) 14
Scott County (Georgetown, KY) 28, Belfry (KY) 24
Belfry (KY) 38, Seneca (Louisville, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 52, Shawnee (Louisville, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 34, Shelby County (Shelbyville, KY) 31
Belfry (KY) 44, Shelby Valley (Pikeville, KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 40, Somerset (KY) 26
Belfry (KY) 62, South Floyd (Hi Hat, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 41, South Laurel (London, KY) 26
Belfry (KY) 40, South Oldham (Crestwood, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 40, Southern (Louisville, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 42, Southwestern (Somerset, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 48, Spencer County (Taylorsville, KY) 10
St. Xavier (Louisville, KY) 38, Belfry (KY) 12
Belfry (KY) 40, Tates Creek (Lexington, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 48, Taylor County (Campbellsville, KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 56, Todd County Central (Elkton, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 41, Trigg County (Cadiz, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 46, Trimble County (Bedford, KY) 12
Trinity (Louisville, KY) 44, Belfry (KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 48, Union County (Morganfield, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 38, Valley (Louisville, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 42, Waggener (Louisville, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 31, Warren Central (Bowling Green, KY) 21
Warren East (Bowling Green, KY) 30, Belfry (KY) 28
Belfry (KY) 42, Washington County (Springfield, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 42, Wayne County (Monticello, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 48, Webster County (Dixon, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 52, West Carter (Olive Hill, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 50, West Jessamine (Nicholasville, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 38, Western (Louisville, KY) 12
Belfry (KY) 50, Western Hills (Frankfort, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 42, Whitley County (Williamsburg, KY) 10
Belfry (KY) 52, Williamsburg (KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 28, Woodford County (Versailles, KY) 19

[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[B]Belfry over Bowling Green anyday!:wenumber1 All the Way to state!!!![/B]
adopted purple Wrote:If you are from Grayson County then you should remember those 63-13 and 52-0 whippings that Bowling Green put on them this year. They played freshmen and JV the whole 2nd half. Grayson County ended the season with a 7 and 4 record and admittedly they played a pretty weak schedule. Do you really think the Russells and Belfrys could beat the crap out of Bowling Green. You must be dreaming or just a little mad at my post.
Out of all the schools in the state Belfry is only projected to lose 18 of those matchups, out of those 18 they are only 3 that I fill would deffently beat Belfry an that is St. X Trinity, an Highlands... Maxpreps.com, Massey, some other sites has Belfry as the number 6 team in all classes... They dont get that much respect from these sites by being a sucky team in Eastern KY, they get it by proving it on the field...
whoa now.. its not because we just won't talk about teams away from here. Its kind of hard to not having much knowledge about them. This site (BluegrassRivals) is a relatively new site. If people could spread the word more, this site could grow into preps territory, but it needs people like you who could definitely help it grow. You seem like your from Bowling Green, so what do you say? Spead the word down that way for BGR? Help it grow!
I certainly will Mr. football03.
kyr450 Wrote:[SIZE=1][SIZE=1][SIZE=4]

[SIZE=6][SIZE=6][SIZE=1]Belfry (KY) 62, Adair County (Columbia, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 62, Allen Central (Eastern, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 42, Allen County (Scottsville, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 35, Anderson County (Lawrenceburg, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 40, Apollo (Owensboro, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 48, Ashland Blazer (Ashland, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 52, Atherton (Louisville, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 28, Ballard (Louisville, KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 62, Ballard Memorial (Barlow, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 31, Bardstown (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 42, Barren County (Glasgow, KY) 13
Belfry (KY) 44, Bath County (Owingsville, KY) 10
Belfry (KY) 28, Beechwood (Fort Mitchell, KY) 26
Bell County (Pineville, KY) 28, Belfry (KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 42, Bellevue (KY) 10
Belfry (KY) 56, Berea (KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 55, Beth Haven (Louisville, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 44, Bethlehem (Bardstown, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 62, Betsy Layne (KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 62, Bishop Brossart (Alexandria, KY) 0
Boone County (Florence, KY) 31, Belfry (KY) 24
Belfry (KY) 48, Bourbon County (Paris, KY) 6
Bowling Green (KY) 40, Belfry (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 38, Boyd County (Ashland, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 35, Boyle County (Danville, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 62, Bracken County (Brooksville, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 31, Breathitt County (Jackson, KY) 24
Belfry (KY) 62, Breckinridge County (Harned, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 40, Bryan Station (Lexington, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 41, Bullitt Central (Shepherdsville, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 35, Bullitt East (Mt. Washington, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 46, Butler (Louisville, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 42, Butler County (Morgantown, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 40, Caldwell County (Princeton, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 40, Calloway County (Murray, KY) 20
Belfry (KY) 31, Campbell County (Alexandria, KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 42, Campbellsville (KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 55, Carroll County (Carrollton, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 60, Casey County (Liberty, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 62, Caverna (Horse Cave, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 48, Cawood (Harlan, KY) 3
Belfry (KY) 27, Central (Louisville, KY) 22
Belfry (KY) 31, Central Hardin (Cecilia, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 38, Christian Academy (Louisville, KY) 13
Belfry (KY) 35, Christian County (Hopkinsville, KY) 26
Belfry (KY) 38, Clark (Inez, KY) 13
Belfry (KY) 38, Clark (Winchester, KY) 21
Clay (Lexington, KY) 34, Belfry (KY) 22
Belfry (KY) 42, Clay County (Manchester, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 62, Clinton County (Albany, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 44, Conner (Hebron, KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 28, Corbin (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 21, Covington Catholic (Park Hills, KY) 20
Belfry (KY) 46, Crittenden County (Marion, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 42, Cumberland (KY) 17
Belfry (KY) 28, Danville (KY) 19
Belfry (KY) 31, Daviess County (Owensboro, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 35, Dayton (KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 40, DeSales (Louisville, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 28, Dixie Heights (Edgewood, KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 38, Doss (Louisville, KY) 17
DuPont Manual (Louisville, KY) 34, Belfry (KY) 19
Belfry (KY) 28, Dunbar (Lexington, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 42, East Carter (Grayson, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 42, East Jessamine (Nicholasville, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 56, East Ridge (Lick Creek, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 26, Eastern (Louisville, KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 42, Edmonson County (Brownsville, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 42, Elizabethtown (KY) 22
Belfry (KY) 52, Eminence (KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 48, Estill County (Irvine, KY) 14
Belfry (KY) 62, Evangel Christian (Louisville, KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 48, Evarts (KY) 8
Belfry (KY) 35, Fairdale (KY) 21
Belfry (KY) 38, Fairview (Ashland, KY) 6
Belfry (KY) 31, Fern Creek (Louisville, KY) 28
Belfry (KY) 49, Fleming County (Flemingsburg, KY) 7
Belfry (KY) 31, Fort Campbell (KY) 27
Belfry (KY) 56, Fort Knox (KY) 0
Belfry (KY) 35, Frankfort (KY) 21
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]
[/SIZE]
[/SIZE][/SIZE]

Whats your point here.
Codeman Wrote:I whole heartedly agree with ya...we talk about those teams because duh thats where we live. If he wants to talk about the purples let him..but dnt dish the things we say about our teams.

Just trying to expand your horizon a little.
adopted purple Wrote:Whats your point here.

My point is you get on here bashing Belfry, Russell, Breathitt, an Hazard, saying they are not near as good as the teams from away from Eastern Kentucky, when in all reality we are better than just about everyone... Eastern KY football has been strong for awhile, especially in the old 2A an now 3A...
adopted purple Wrote:Just trying to expand your horizon a little.

I'm not sure if you caught the meaning of the scores, but they are projected scores this season if Belfry were to play any of those teams. They were just trying to show that there are actually very few teams in the state that would be favored over Belfry.
I've been working with blackcat student to try and get posters from out west on here. last week he and I started numerous threads about teams from out west and I spoke to a few of my Mayfield and other posting friends and ask them to come on here and give it a try. Success ws mixed but we did pick up atleast 3 who joined from Mayfield and maybe a couple others from other schools. Unfortunately, Mayfield lost and I doubt we will see much out of those guys for awhile but next summer they will be back in full swing and will come here to post. What I beg of you guys is this. If you truly want to make the site a site a big success and draw from the other areas of the state then you guys have got to actively posts on threads that are about teams from other areas. For instance, we started a Mayfield vs Frankfort thread and a few of you guys did go in the thread and a few of you posted and to those of you who did I thank you and so does guys like blackcat student and others who want to make this board the best. No one from Bowling Green is going to get on here and stay long if there are no topics that are related to teams they are interested in. The same would apply to Belfry fans or anyother EKY team supporters. So guys take time to read, post and even start threads about areas and teams from ther other regions of the state and they will come, if you don't they won't.
adopted purple Wrote:To be honest with you all I just started that thread to see IF I could get a reaction or response. It was nothing personel against those teams. I know those teams are very good and have very storied histories. It's just for this discussion board or any to grow and have more participants on it you need to expand your posts. I'm new on here but could tell right away it was mainly an eastern kentucky board. It's great to support your team don't get me wrong. I am a member of the other two websites that discuss sports and enjoy greatly checking those sites daily. I'm form eastern kentucky originally and continue to follow all these great teams over here ( I went to Whitley County High). But this is a free site and you don't see that any more and I certainly appreciate it. It would nice to see some other discussions going on so you could actually learn about other teams and when new people like me come to the site they will want to come back. Everyone has been polite especially to this post which almost made me mad myself writing it. I would love to see this website grow and compete with the big boys (paying sites). In the future I will be posting things from central and western kentucky and hope we can have some great conversations about every sport not just football. But just like in life you have to expand your horizons to grow. Thank you for not drilling me on this post (as I probably deserved) it just shows you folks have class.

Nice Post AP! I welcome you to BGR as well. I love it and hope you do too!

As for Western Ky schools. I myself would like to see more teams from western Ky in the mid-upper classes compete for the titles. Who is the real deal out west in 3A? Paducah Tilghman or Central (they haven't competed in a long time.)? Is Bowling Green for real? They weren't in 2005.

Many times throughout the season I've looked across the Bluegrass and thought are these teams really any good? Because I don't know, no one on BGR is talking about these teams. I hope you can help change that.

I support Russell and only Russell. You won't see me rooting for anyone else unless I chose them on the Pick 'em.Big Grin

How about a Bowling Green vs Russell game at the Recreation Bowl, whaddaya say? Good luck! :p :turnbad:

GO PURPLES Big Grin

Well since we don't see a lot of Western or Northern teams play on a yearly basis, personally I'm not gonna drive a few hours to watch High School football when my teams not playing. We talk about what we know about, and what is close to us. If we wanted to talk about great high school football teams, we wouldn't be doing much talking about KY teams anyways.
kyr450 Wrote:My point is you get on here bashing Belfry, Russell, Breathitt, an Hazard, saying they are not near as good as the teams from away from Eastern Kentucky, when in all reality we are better than just about everyone... Eastern KY football has been strong for awhile, especially in the old 2A an now 3A...

Did you not read my eariler post. I was not bashing any of those team. I was just trying to get a response from you. And it apparently worked. I think all of those schools have great football histories and I can tell they have very enthusiastic fans. My point is that there is a lot of great football teams around the state and to just discuss mainly eastern kentucky football will hurt this website in the long run. I'm a sports junkie and would like to know all I can about all teams around the state. Most people around the state don't even know about this Free website. It would nice to get on here and ask a question about any team in the state and be able to get a legitimate answer from someone who is familure with that team or dirstict ect... I would love to see this website grow and to do that you must ask questions and make posts about other teams and other parts of the state becase just like you they are proud of their teams and would love to tell you about them and learn something about your teams at the same time.
Tomcat68 Wrote:I'm not sure if you caught the meaning of the scores, but they are projected scores this season if Belfry were to play any of those teams. They were just trying to show that there are actually very few teams in the state that would be favored over Belfry.

I get it now. I'm just a little slow sometimes. I know of Belfrys history and I think they will bring home some hardware this year. I just threw their name out there because I saw so many posts about them. I meant no disrespect to the team or fans. I personally would like to see a playoff between all 6 state champions to see who really is THE best team in Kentucky. That way Belfry and Bowling Green might get a chance to play each other. I know that would be a great game but I also know that will probably never happen.
Pages: 1 2