Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry fans, how do you spend your friday nights?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
As most of you know, this friday is the last home game of the season when we go up against Breathett.
In the years that I have been a part of this special football program I have learned many important lessons, one of those lessons is this; Our pirates play like maniacs when the crowd is behind them. When we rock the bleachers, the boys are rocking the field!!!
So i would urge everyone to not only come out and support the pirates this friday, but invite everyone you know! Sure its cold, and it may be raining, and our homes are much more comfortable, but not near as fun. you have a chance to witness belfry football history in the making! Bring your cow bells, horns, whistles,clappers, anything that will make noise. Decorate your vehicles and lets show Breathett what it means to be a Pirate fan.
We owe this to our kids and community.
See you friday night
I'm paintin' my face too Tongue
I'm painting the car windows and my pirate flags will be on the car
we r going to have a good crowd... im painting my car, my face... and if its not too cold... my body...lol
Rain and cold don't bother me.....

Ive been to Belfry football games in the snow, rain, heat and cold and I don't mind.
good luck to the Pirates and the big red nation.
Plan on snow, even better... Does everyone remember Erlanger an Middlesborro in 03??? Now that was fun times... I dont feel School spirit is what it use to be an I really wish it would get back up there... We def need to have our traditional Parade an Bonfire thursday night...
Who could forget Erlanger....never been sooo cold in my whole life as I was that night.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:Who could forget Erlanger....never been sooo cold in my whole life as I was that night.
I get cold thinking about that game. I wa like a couple hous warming up lol.
I'll be there watchin' our pirates take down Breathitt.
Dream_Weaver Wrote:Who could forget Erlanger....never been sooo cold in my whole life as I was that night.

I was so happy that night...I forgot the cold for a while!
I'll be at Cam cheering as loud as I can, after I hold the hoop that is. =]
Any weather is great for football! No such thing as bad weather IMO! I have and always will enjoy attending games at Belfry. They are what high school football teams and fans are all about! Can't wait to catch my first one since I seen them play Henry Clay in the Pike County Bowl.
I will be there with Confusedinglepar bells on "Cow Bells" that is...lol..
I need a cowbell......

BTW, there is a really good article in the Daily News today about the Belfry fans...I have copied it below and provided the linky..

The Pond Creek Nation

Tuesday, November 27, 2007 4:06 PM CST

GOODY, KY. - Loud and proud!

That would be a good way to describe the Belfry Pirate fan base, also known as the “Pond Creek Nation.”
The Pirates have earned the reputation of filling stadiums no matter were they go, as they often outnumber the home team fans.

That was the case this past weekend as over a thousand Pirate fans packed their leftover Turkey into the car and took the three and half hour journey west to Somerset.

Belfry assistant coach Steve Mickey said the Pirates were there in force and were loud.

“We defiantly had a great crowd last week,” said Mickey. “They were loud too. I could hear them over my headset.”

Pirate head coach Philip Haywood was equally pleased with the Pirate faithful which showed up, and gave their support of what this Pirate team has accomplished.

“We had a fantastic crowd at Somerset,” said Haywood. “The way our fans travel when we play on the road, it's like playing at home. It gives our kids a lot of energy and says a lot about the kind of community we live in.”

Haywood said that his staff and him often remind them that playing for Belfry is not about them, but they are playing for the generations of the past.

“We tell our kids that they aren't playing for theirselves or even their team,” said Haywood. “But that they are playing for their parents and grandparents who played before them.”

“When they walk out and look through the crowd and see all the people out there cheering, it's a reminder to them that it's a community thing,” added Haywood.

“That is the way it is at Belfry. We are more than a team, we're a family.”

Haywood and his staff wants to encourage everybody to come out once again Friday night as the Pirates are set to host the Breathitt County Bobcats for a right to compete in the state championship game.

Both teams come into the week with unblemished 13-0 records.

“Breathitt County will bring a large fan base and they have a very good ball team,” said Haywood. “We will need our fans behind us in full force come Friday night.”

The kickoff is set for 7:30 PM., and remember if you come you better get there early because the Pond Creek Nation will be there in full force.

By JUSTIN HOLBROOK

Sports Writer

http://www.williamsondailynews.com/artic...sports.txt
kyr450 Wrote:Plan on snow, even better... Does everyone remember Erlanger an Middlesborro in 03??? Now that was fun times... I dont feel School spirit is what it use to be an I really wish it would get back up there... We def need to have our traditional Parade an Bonfire thursday night...

Coldest night ever!!!!!!!!
piratefan_4ever Wrote:As most of you know, this friday is the last home game of the season when we go up against Breathett.
In the years that I have been a part of this special football program I have learned many important lessons, one of those lessons is this; Our pirates play like maniacs when the crowd is behind them. When we rock the bleachers, the boys are rocking the field!!!
So i would urge everyone to not only come out and support the pirates this friday, but invite everyone you know! Sure its cold, and it may be raining, and our homes are much more comfortable, but not near as fun. you have a chance to witness belfry football history in the making! Bring your cow bells, horns, whistles,clappers, anything that will make noise. Decorate your vehicles and lets show Breathett what it means to be a Pirate fan.
We owe this to our kids and community.
See you friday night

GREAT POST :Cheerlead
Found this on my space..

BE on fire for the PIRATES! DO ALL YOU PIRATE FANS REALIZE WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF AN HISTORICAL SEASON...NEVER IN OUR GREAT HISTORY HAVE WE BEEN 13-0 IN A SEASON...OBVIOUSLY WE WOULD LOVE TO BE 15-0 AND STATE CHAMPS...NOW TO THIS WEEK...I AM STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR HOME CROWDS...THERE ARE SOME FANS WHO CHEER FOR THE MOST PART OF THE GAME, BUT SOME ONLY CHEER WHEN BELFRY DOES SOMETHING GREAT...THIS IS THE LAST HOME GAME..ITS SO DISAPPOINTING TO HEAR SPACE ODYSSEY 2001 START AND MOST OF THE CROWD SITS ON THEIR HANDS...WHEN TUNNEL TIME BEGINS, WE SHOULD BE ON OUR FEET AND CHEERING WHEN THE MUSIC STARTS...I THINK THE CROWD WAS GREAT AT SOMERSET...WE COULD HEAR THE LOUDEST CHEERS ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE FIELD UP IN THE PRESS BOX...WE NEED TO REALIZE HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO HAVE THIS GREAT TEAM TO CHEER FOR...I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN...IT IS AN HONOR TO BROADCAST THEIR GAMES ON THE RADIO, BUT THE RADIO GUYS CANNOT BE CHEERING(EVEN THOUGH WE DO SOMETIMES)...WHEN THE TEAM COMES OUT FRIDAY, THEY NEED TO GET A STANDING O FOR THE SEASON THEY HAVE HAD AND FOR BEING UNDEFEATED...WE NEED TO CHEER EXTRA FOR THE GREAT FANS WHO CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE GAME AND THOSE WE HAVE LOST...LAST YEAR, REXEL JACKSON, AND THIS YEAR STEVE PHILLIPS AND JIM VAUGHAN SMITH...I ONLY WANT PEOPLE TO CHEER AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO BECAUSE THIS FOOTBALL TEAM IS A BIG PART OF ALL OUR LIVES...MOST SCHOOLS NEVER HAVE THE CHANCES THAT WE DO...WEAR RED THIS WEEK AND BE THE DIFFERENCE...SHOW BREATHITT COUNTY THAT THE BEST PROGRAM IN THE MOUNTAINS STILL RESIDES ON POND CREEK...LOVE EVERYBODY...
That was so touching!!! Got chills!!!
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Found this on my space..

BE on fire for the PIRATES! DO ALL YOU PIRATE FANS REALIZE WE ARE IN THE MIDST OF AN HISTORICAL SEASON...NEVER IN OUR GREAT HISTORY HAVE WE BEEN 13-0 IN A SEASON...OBVIOUSLY WE WOULD LOVE TO BE 15-0 AND STATE CHAMPS...NOW TO THIS WEEK...I AM STILL NOT SATISFIED WITH OUR HOME CROWDS...THERE ARE SOME FANS WHO CHEER FOR THE MOST PART OF THE GAME, BUT SOME ONLY CHEER WHEN BELFRY DOES SOMETHING GREAT...THIS IS THE LAST HOME GAME..ITS SO DISAPPOINTING TO HEAR SPACE ODYSSEY 2001 START AND MOST OF THE CROWD SITS ON THEIR HANDS...WHEN TUNNEL TIME BEGINS, WE SHOULD BE ON OUR FEET AND CHEERING WHEN THE MUSIC STARTS...I THINK THE CROWD WAS GREAT AT SOMERSET...WE COULD HEAR THE LOUDEST CHEERS ALL THE WAY ACROSS THE FIELD UP IN THE PRESS BOX...WE NEED TO REALIZE HOW FORTUNATE WE ARE TO HAVE THIS GREAT TEAM TO CHEER FOR...I WILL SAY IT AGAIN AND AGAIN...IT IS AN HONOR TO BROADCAST THEIR GAMES ON THE RADIO, BUT THE RADIO GUYS CANNOT BE CHEERING(EVEN THOUGH WE DO SOMETIMES)...WHEN THE TEAM COMES OUT FRIDAY, THEY NEED TO GET A STANDING O FOR THE SEASON THEY HAVE HAD AND FOR BEING UNDEFEATED...WE NEED TO CHEER EXTRA FOR THE GREAT FANS WHO CAN'T MAKE IT TO THE GAME AND THOSE WE HAVE LOST...LAST YEAR, REXEL JACKSON, AND THIS YEAR STEVE PHILLIPS AND JIM VAUGHAN SMITH...I ONLY WANT PEOPLE TO CHEER AND ENCOURAGE THEM TO BECAUSE THIS FOOTBALL TEAM IS A BIG PART OF ALL OUR LIVES...MOST SCHOOLS NEVER HAVE THE CHANCES THAT WE DO...WEAR RED THIS WEEK AND BE THE DIFFERENCE...SHOW BREATHITT COUNTY THAT THE BEST PROGRAM IN THE MOUNTAINS STILL RESIDES ON POND CREEK...LOVE EVERYBODY...
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:Found this on my space..

Great Post..
If I can get to a Papa John's before Friday, I'm gonna try to get some empty pizza boxes and put Pirate Logos in them! Hopefully to symbolize where we will be going if we win this one.
BelfryPirates Wrote:If I can get to a Papa John's before Friday, I'm gonna try to get some empty pizza boxes and put Pirate Logos in them! Hopefully to symbolize where we will be going if we win this one.

Great idea!! :1:
BelfryPirates Wrote:If I can get to a Papa John's before Friday, I'm gonna try to get some empty pizza boxes and put Pirate Logos in them! Hopefully to symbolize where we will be going if we win this one.

I still have the Papa Johns box that we gave the team for the trip in 05....Big Grin
TongueirateSho: :blondeche It's just about game time!:football:
Yea...Now I am equipment Manager...Moving up!
It is hard for me to get back home often. However, I am either on here or listening to WXCC. Once a Pirate , Always a Pirate!