Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Knott County Central 2008
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How will the Pats shape up for Coach Beder in '08?
Knott County is just" KNOTT" a good football program, better basketball over in that area
Knott has really struggled in all areas of athletics. The enrollement has dropped so much in the last ten years and they are having to share the small pool of athletes with JBS now. If the administration really put emphasis on football they could have some success. Just look at what Jay Cobb did there. At that time you had Cobb, Aaron Stepp (CLAY) and several other coaches that were excited about football.
On another note Until the Stepp regime in JBS, they(JBS) couldn't play in the creek. They have went out and got the best young kids in Knott Co. I know there are a few good athletes, but put Stamper, mullins and a couple of others with what JBS has and (if you had enough basketballs) could compete on the state scene I have been in a lot of areas but I have never seen politics like there are in Knott. THere are some people who really care about football there, but they are few and far between. Best of luck to KCC, I will always have a spot in my heart for you guys.
cheese4me Wrote:Knott has really struggled in all areas of athletics. The enrollement has dropped so much in the last ten years and they are having to share the small pool of athletes with JBS now. If the administration really put emphasis on football they could have some success. Just look at what Jay Cobb did there. At that time you had Cobb, Aaron Stepp (CLAY) and several other coaches that were excited about football.
On another note Until the Stepp regime in JBS, they(JBS) couldn't play in the creek. They have went out and got the best young kids in Knott Co. I know there are a few good athletes, but put Stamper, mullins and a couple of others with what JBS has and (if you had enough basketballs) could compete on the state scene I have been in a lot of areas but I have never seen politics like there are in Knott. THere are some people who really care about football there, but they are few and far between. Best of luck to KCC, I will always have a spot in my heart for you guys.
Jay Cobb did a great job at KCC, but he asked for what the team needed as far as equipment and such is concerned and politics became involved and Coach Cobb is not one to tolerate politics, thus he was not the coach long after he took a stand for the players and the kids of Knott County.
You guys have got to be kidding me. KCC played a very tough schedule with mainly 1st year YOUNG starters. They onlky lose 3 seniors this year. They had 6 juniors and a load of talented sophmores and juniors. KCC will be a heck of a better team next year. They play the same schedule except the first game Harlan will be replacing Cumberland. KCC has the potential to be a great team and they are already in the weightroom getting ready. They should be just as strong as anyone. A big problem this year was overall speed. They have only 5 players that run under a 5 second 40. But they will get faster and be able to compete with alot of teams.
Should be better with only losing three players.
knott county should be decent next year. coach beder has worked very hard wit many different types of offenses. i talked to him the other day at the supermarket and he told me he wanted to have a spread offense, but it didnt suit the kids so he had to run the option because he said it best suited his kids. beder is a great coach, it just takes the kids to become believers in his game.
Can't be much worse than this past season!
I think they could win up to 4-5 games, a lot of the younger kids got a lot of experince this year, if they work hard in the weightroom this offseason should be a pretty decent season for the Pats.Couldnt get much worse tho.