Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Transfers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any off season transfers going on that anyone knows about?
(06-06-2023, 07:55 PM):woah:Panther88 Wrote: [ -> ]Any off season transfers going on that anyone knows about?
  Woah
Football season must be getting close. A thread already about transfers hahah when will butts stop being sore ?? We beat this dead horse every year
Whitley County should be getting lots of transfers
(06-07-2023, 02:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley County should be getting lots of transfers
Why ??
(06-07-2023, 04:38 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2023, 02:52 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley County should be getting lots of transfers
Why ??
I heard a couple weeks ago that they had a longtime starter DB transfer to Corbin. Who is coming in and as Buffalo said, why?
LCA loaded up this off season.
Why ??

Because they have good coaching with a good program established. isn't that what attracts players?
(06-08-2023, 06:52 PM)AgentOrange Wrote: [ -> ]LCA loaded up this off season.

Who all did they get
LCA got a receiver from Ohio, 2 players from Madison Central including there best player, Brady Hensley.
(06-09-2023, 02:37 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]LCA got a receiver from Ohio, 2 players from Madison Central including their best player, Brady Hensley.
1 Lineman from Jessamine county and Lex Cath as well.
(06-09-2023, 07:58 AM)AgentOrange Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2023, 02:37 AM)Footballfan33 Wrote: [ -> ]LCA got a receiver from Ohio, 2 players from Madison Central including their best player, Brady Hensley.
1 Lineman from Jessamine county and Lex Cath as well.
The transfer portal has been great for LCA. They have a total of 12 (and counting) new players transfer in..
All that to lose to Mayfield and Beechwood. Tough. Doug Charles consistently does less with more than any coach in the state.
(06-08-2023, 09:30 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
Why ??

Because they have good coaching with a good program established. isn't that what attracts players?
Whitley has won a combined 7 games in 3 years. I'm not sold on the coaching, hiring a defensive coordinator that was there last year and gave up 36 points a game. I also heard the coaching staff is filled out with guys who have been coaching middle school and youth. There is nothing wrong with that but it is a big jump to varsity football... I think I'd call it a success if you just don't lose kids.
(06-09-2023, 12:51 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]All that to lose to Mayfield and Beechwood. Tough. Doug Charles consistently does less with more than any coach in the state.
LCA doesn’t play a chump schedule. Then they have two of the most successful programs in the state in their class. Not too many programs beat Mayfield and Beechwood. I think LCA is doing a fine job. As far as their transfer kids….we’ll that’s smart. They have a kid at QB that a lot of coaches from big time college programs are still recruiting even though he committed to Kentucky. Getting your kid to LCA to grab some attention by being on the same field as the big dog is a very smart move.
(06-09-2023, 06:57 PM)LameDawg Wrote: [ -> ]
Why ??

Whitley has won a combined 7 games in 3 years. I'm not sold on the coaching, hiring a defensive coordinator that was there last year and gave up 36 points a game. I also heard the coaching staff is filled out with guys who have been coaching middle school and youth. There is nothing wrong with that but it is a big jump to varsity football... I think I'd call it a success if you just don't lose kids.
They just made it to the state championship game in baseball and that team has some good dual sport athletes. Whitley County athletics are on the rise. If I was a good baseball player I'd want to play for coach Shope and play wide receiver during football season  Smile
(06-09-2023, 08:08 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2023, 12:51 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]All that to lose to Mayfield and Beechwood. Tough. Doug Charles consistently does less with more than any coach in the state.
LCA doesn’t play a chump schedule. Then they have two of the most successful programs in the state in their class. Not too many programs beat Mayfield and Beechwood. I think LCA is doing a fine job. As far as their transfer kids….we’ll that’s smart. They have a kid at QB that a lot of coaches from big time college programs are still recruiting even though he committed to Kentucky. Getting your kid to LCA to grab some attention by being on the same field as the big dog is a very smart move.

And I stand by it, no one does less with more. Xavier Brown and Mason Moore along wkth all the other transfers a few years ago. Cutter last year. Nothing to show for it.
(06-06-2023, 10:57 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Football season must be getting close. A thread already about transfers hahah when will butts stop being sore ?? We beat this dead horse every year
I didn't hear anybody complaining about transfers. You might "best this dead horse every year" but I don't. I have nothing against it really. If you don't consider transfers then you can't get a good gauge on the upcoming season. If you don't want to know about it then maybe you should look at other threads. Maybe your a little to close to the issue.
(06-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Panther88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2023, 10:57 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]Football season must be getting close. A thread already about transfers hahah when will butts stop being sore ?? We beat this dead horse every year
I didn't hear anybody complaining about transfers. You might "best this dead horse every year" but I don't. I have nothing against it really. If you don't consider transfers then you can't get a good gauge on the upcoming season. If you don't want to know about it then maybe you should look at other threads. Maybe your a little to close to the issue.
Someone needs some powder for their butt….it’s sore hahah
(06-10-2023, 09:24 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-10-2023, 05:00 PM)Panther88 Wrote: [ -> ]
Someone needs some powder for their butt….it’s sore hahah

LOL
(06-09-2023, 11:57 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]

And I stand by it, no one does less with more. Xavier Brown and Mason Moore along wkth all the other transfers a few years ago. Cutter last year. Nothing to show for it.
Doug Charles is as good a human as you will ever meet and does a fine job coaching with a great staff around him. 
they’ve had some great talent and fallen short for sure - those beechwood teams were no slouch though and their team last year wasn’t anywhere near as good as the two prior.
(06-10-2023, 11:03 PM)JumperPride1 Wrote: [ -> ]

Doug Charles is as good a human as you will ever meet and does a fine job coaching with a great staff around him. 
they’ve had some great talent and fallen short for sure - those beechwood teams were no slouch though and their team last year wasn’t anywhere near as good as the two prior.

You can be a good person and still underachieve year in and year out.

2019 - 2nd round loss to eventual state champion Somerset 28-26

2020 - State Runner up Loss to Beechwood 24-23

2021 - State Runner up Loss to Beechwood 23-21

2022 - Semi Finals Loss to Mayfield 38-28

Your right Doug Charles hasnt done a damn thing for LCA, he should be fired and replaced.
(06-11-2023, 11:40 AM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]

Your right Doug Charles hasnt done a damn thing for LCA, he should be fired and replaced.

2019 lost to a team they had previously beaten in the regular season with multiple D1 players. 

2020 choked away a championship game that they again should’ve won with multiple D1 players. 

2021 heard all year this was the year. They were the favorites. All their D1 kids were seniors. Beat Boyle in the regular season. Yet again, choked in the finals. 

2022 bring in the top player in the state. Get running clocked three games including Lex Cath. And then get beat by 10 against a team that is supposed to be a year away. 

Just because he used to dabble in middle school athletics doesn’t mean he’s not the head coach of a team that consistently underachieves.
(06-09-2023, 09:56 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
Why ??

They just made it to the state championship game in baseball and that team has some good dual sport athletes. Whitley County athletics are on the rise. If I was a good baseball player I'd want to play for coach Shope and play wide receiver during football season  Smile
Congrats Dougie, them boys from the creek got it done….And I’d say your absolutely right be some kids transferring in now for sure, just hope this new staff can put it all together
(06-11-2023, 06:55 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-07-2023, 04:38 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]Why ??

Congrats Dougie, them boys from the creek got it done….And I’d say your absolutely right be some kids transferring in now for sure, just hope this new staff can put it all together

Thanks. I hope you're doing well.
(06-11-2023, 02:31 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]

2019 lost to a team they had previously beaten in the regular season with multiple D1 players. 

2020 choked away a championship game that they again should’ve won with multiple D1 players. 

2021 heard all year this was the year. They were the favorites. All their D1 kids were seniors. Beat Boyle in the regular season. Yet again, choked in the finals. 

2022 bring in the top player in the state. Get running clocked three games including Lex Cath. And then get beat by 10 against a team that is supposed to be a year away. 

Just because he used to dabble in middle school athletics doesn’t mean he’s not the head coach of a team that consistently underachieves.

2019 they beat Somerset by ONE POINT in the regular season and then lost by 2.  Hardly a failure of coaching.
(06-12-2023, 03:10 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2023, 08:08 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]LCA doesn’t play a chump schedule. Then they have two of the most successful programs in the state in their class. Not too many programs beat Mayfield and Beechwood. I think LCA is doing a fine job. As far as their transfer kids….we’ll that’s smart. They have a kid at QB that a lot of coaches from big time college programs are still recruiting even though he committed to Kentucky. Getting your kid to LCA to grab some attention by being on the same field as the big dog is a very smart move.

2019 they beat Somerset by ONE POINT in the regular season and then lost by 2.  Hardly a failure of coaching.

That explains 2020-2022.
(06-12-2023, 03:19 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-12-2023, 03:10 PM)Hatz Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-09-2023, 11:57 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]And I stand by it, no one does less with more. Xavier Brown and Mason Moore along wkth all the other transfers a few years ago. Cutter last year. Nothing to show for it.

That explains 2020-2022.

Did not state that it did. Merely pointed out that 2019 was not a year for your argument.
(06-11-2023, 09:11 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-11-2023, 06:55 PM)TD Hounds Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-08-2023, 09:30 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Because they have good coaching with a good program established. isn't that what attracts players?

Thanks. I hope you're doing well.
Doing well buddy, I pray the same for you…
Pages: 1 2