Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Rumor: Daniel Harmon Set For Letcher County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Say it isnt so. If true, Pikeville will have to have one heck of a runningback to replace this guy. I'd say Josh Mullins for next year.

I Heard he was going for 1. A lot bigger school 2. More scouts 3. better teams

Hate to see this man leave...
I just dont see this happening.
Where did you get your info?
Hilliard would get Daniel put more into the spotlight at LCC, he is a big time coach, he could put Daniel onthe path to some big time scholarships.
I meant to say that this is an inappropriate place not to have this discussion.
High School recruiting at it's best......
hey Wrote:High School recruiting at it's best......
Recruiting in high school is illegal and is NOT to be discussed here.

Stay within the rules or this thread will be closed.
This thread is ridiculous....whomever started this rumor needs to get kicked because they don't know what they are tallking about...Pikeville just got beat out and Daniel is already ready to get back in the weight room...I don't think he has any intentions of moving schools.

Editor note: Ridiculous??? Yes
Labeled as just a rumor? Also, Yes.
Yes, as ridiculous as it may be he pointed out that it was a rumor.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Hilliard would get Daniel put more into the spotlight at LCC, he is a big time coach, he could put Daniel onthe path to some big time scholarships.
IF he does decide to go, these are some pretty good reasons. He is a talented player and if he has the dreams to play at the next level with the best possible team, then making a movement like this would be in his best interest.
Im gonna stick behind play_maker at this point until I get further information. Like him, Ive been told the same thing by a very informative Pikeville "supporter" and the only difference Ive heard is that Letcher Co. isnt the only school he is looking at. Apparently he has guardians who are willing to pack up and move wherever they see as the best fit. I, personally, see no reason for him to leave Pikeville.
If he was smart he'd head northbound on 119 and be johnny depp-like Wink
How many seniors does Pikeville lose going into next season?
alfus21 Wrote:How many seniors does Pikeville lose going into next season?

mrfootball03 Wrote:If he was smart he'd head northbound on 119 and be johnny depp-like Wink

I wouldn't advise that either. How many major college players do they produce. If he wants more exposure as much as it saddens me to say he will have to head towards NKY, Lexington or Louisville.
Wouldn't he have to set out a year? If so, that would mean he would set out his senior season.
If his whole immediate family move together and into another school district some distance away, they can probably get away with it.
Would he not have to be benched a year if he transfers?
Daniel is a wonderful kid and as far as East Ky. goes, he is a very gifted athlete.
But he doesn't have the speed or size to even keep up with the Northern kids, let alone take their scholly looks.
i dont think harmon will leave pikeville, but if so best of luck to him...
The Guru Wrote:Daniel is a wonderful kid and as far as East Ky. goes, he is a very gifted athlete.
But he doesn't have the speed or size to even keep up with the Northern kids, let alone take their scholly looks.

Hey Guru , you've got to remember we're in the 15th region here. You know, the land of fantasy.
Well if he is gonna transfer, why not go to Belfry and replace Dustin May. Harmon and Ivan Lee in the same backfield would be just as deadly as May and Lee.
Harmon is also very gifted in the classroom and baseball. He's exactly where he should be. I think he's pretty happy where he is. As far as Letcher County goes, well, it's Letcher County. Pikeville has way more recognition throughout the state. Letcher Central will never get past Highlands and the only competition they played this year was Hazard, whom they lost to. I think LCC runs a spread offense anyway. Harmon gained 2,100 yards this year and I would expect close to 3,000 next year. He is just as good of a corner as he is RB.
He will work extremely hard during his offseason and will add 15-20 lbs. and he will cut his 40 time to the 4.4's. I know this because I know the kind of kid he is and the work ethic he has.
He is one great kid, on and off the field, and anyone who knows him will vouch for that. So let's not show him any undo disrespect by talking about things we shouldn't. He deserves way better than that.
Redneck Wrote:Well if he is gonna transfer, why not go to Belfry and replace Dustin May. Harmon and Ivan Lee in the same backfield would be just as deadly as May and Lee.

And still no one actually from Belfry in the backfield.
Incorrect. Maydo has always lived at South Williamson (across the river in KY). His parents got divorced, his dad moved to Chattaroy WV, but his mom has custody. We're on the border w/ WV, so it's about an 8 mile drive to his dad's, give or take. Maydo is supposed to be at Belfry with the same friends he grew up with.

Same with Doug Howard: dad lived in Chattaroy, mom lived in SW. I know, I grew up with his brother Robbie and have known "Dougie" since he was in diapers crawling around and drooling on the floor Tongue

I honestly don't know Ivan's situation, but when I talk to him again if I think about it I'll ask him, if for no other reason than to shut this crap up about him. It's not difficult to move from an apartment in Williamson to an apartment in the Belfry area though.

If Harmon came to Belfry next year he'd have his work cut out for him, in competition with Ivan, Charlie, Timmy, and Thomas. I think he'd start, IF he did, but there's a lot of rivalry between Pikeville and Belfry, and I don't see that happening unless his family moved and he had no choice. What I'm saying is that if his family is moving for him to go to a school with a "better" team, and it's HIS choice, I don't think he'd choose Belfry.

Keep in mind, there are a lot of kids at Belfry who used to go to other schools and came here through circumstances beyond their control. Parents get divorced and one has to move out: there are a fair number of jobs in the area, some great some not, and more than a few places to rent or build a home. I know several kids who used to go to Williamson, Matewan, Pike Central, Phelps, etc., who go to Belfry because their parents split.

Could be a situation beyond Harmon's control is forcing him to relocate to Letcher County, or anywhere else. Just because he's a gifted athlete everyone assumes he's being recruited, or he's moving for sports. There are a few other people in his life who tell him what to do you know.
First off, I have talked to Daniel and from he has told me he is going nowhere except to hit the weightroom and focus on baseball and football. Second of all I think it is wrong to call out a hall of fame coach on recruiting accusations. Like this thread pretty much is doing. I hate it when a good student athlete gets these rumors started on them. I know it is reported as just a rumor but DH is not going anywhere to my knowledge.
I have talked with a member of the Harmon family and this rumor is completely false.

This thread is hereby closed!!!

Let me remind BGR members that posting false information is a rule violation and grounds for suspension,
please keep this in mind when posting "rumor" threads that affect people's lives.