Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Belfry Fans: A note from Joe the Greek honoring Steve Phillips
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Belfry fans are some of the best around. The Pond Creek Nation travels far to support there Pirates. A lot of times the Pond Creek Nation out numbers the fans of the home team.

This Friday night we have homefield advantage as we host a very good Breathitt Co team. Although I feel Belfry will win. Take nothing for granted.

The fans need to be very vocal Friday night don't wait for something to happen. Be the 12th man . Rock the CAM like never before. Everytime Breathitt has the ball yell, scream, bring your cow bells, blow horns whatever it takes.

Win or lose this is our last home game. Remember the late Steve Phillips told me one time that Belfry fans are special . He use to say that when the opposing team exited US 119 they had to go up heartbreak hill and meet the Pond Creek Nation.

To honor the "Voice of the Pirates "one more time let's make a lot of noise ,root this team to victory, and continue our quest for a state championship.
I just got chills///
kyr450 Wrote:I just got chills///
For real, same here.
Thanks for the post FOX. It is great to see a fan base such as the Pond Creek Nation. I wonder how many teams out there would love to have such a great group?
Steve Phillips was special and he definitely loved his Pirates! He was also a great teacher and a great influence in alot our lives. Let's win this one for him!

GO PIRATES!!!!!! TongueirateSho
Awesome post FOX
Great post fox
i have no doubt that while we are sitting in the stands on friday night cheering and screaming that steve will be amongst us.
this man was a great influence both in the classroom and in the press box and is sadly missed by pondcreek!
heaven is full of pirate fans, and steve will be up in the clouds calling this game.
he will be forever missed!
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Belfry fans are some of the best around. The Pond Creek Nation travels far to support there Pirates. A lot of times the Pond Creek Nation out numbers the fans of the home team.

This Friday night we have homefield advantage as we host a very good Breathitt Co team. Although I feel Belfry will win. Take nothing for granted.

The fans need to be very vocal Friday night don't wait for something to happen. Be the 12th man . Rock the CAM like never before. Everytime Breathitt has the ball yell, scream, bring your cow bells, blow horns whatever it takes.

Win or lose this is our last home game. Remember the late Steve Phillips told me one time that Belfry fans are special . He use to say that when the opposing team exited US 119 they had to go up heartbreak hill and meet the Pond Creek Nation.

To honor the "Voice of the Pirates "one more time let's make a lot of noise ,root this team to victory, and continue our quest for a state championship.
WONDERFUL post FOX!
Pirates~R~Us Wrote:WONDERFUL post FOX!
Very nice post(FOX)

Everytime I hear the Announcement "it's tunnel time" or "Another Pirate Touchdown"
I wait for the Thunder to Boom,from his victory jump , Or the Sun to Shine from that winning smile of Mr. Phillips cheering on his Team.......he Brought Tradition to Belfry, like no other PIRATE.. He TRULY was CAPTAIN of our GREAT PIRATE CREW! He is missed daily, and will never be forgotten. I am sure he attends every game, in the heart of a true PIRATE.
FOX SPORTS Wrote:Belfry fans are some of the best around. The Pond Creek Nation travels far to support there Pirates. A lot of times the Pond Creek Nation out numbers the fans of the home team.

you know, i've never heard it called heartbreak hill..
but that fits...
many teams come to that hill with hopes and dreams, and they come crashing down after they meet the pirates..

i like it! meet us on heartbreak hill!
:Clap: ... Great post FOX... I'm going to be rooting for the Pirates all night long come Friday.... GO PIRATES!
I truely am glad to see almost all the mountain fans supporting us Pirates... It truely shows how classy the mountains is...
kyr450 Wrote:I truely am glad to see almost all the mountain fans supporting us Pirates... It truely shows how classy the mountains is...

I don't know if I can speak for all of the folks in Letcher County, but I'm pulling for the Pirates Friday night.
Brooks4Prez Wrote:I don't know if I can speak for all of the folks in Letcher County, but I'm pulling for the Pirates Friday night.
Thanks for the support!
Cool Game day!Cool
Steve Phillips will always be remembered, great post! I am still crying.
Great Post!
:notworthy Thanks Midee!!!!TongueirateSho :football:
Midee1 Wrote:Thanks for the post FOX. It is great to see a fan base such as the Pond Creek Nation. I wonder how many teams out there would love to have such a great group?