Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Southwestern 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 18 @ Ballard
Aug 25 open
Sep 1 vs South Warren
Sep 8 @ Belfry
Sep 15 @ Mercer County
Sep 22 vs North Laurel (D)
Sep 29 vs Harlan County (D)
Oct 6 vs Franklin County
Oct 14 @ South Laurel (D)
Oct 20 @ Pulaski County (D)
Oct 27 vs Henry Clay

Thoughts?
Tough schedule I like it!!
I’m shocked Lincoln and Wayne isn’t on here.
If Southwestern had a true QB the last couple seasons and this one…
What about the Anderson kid at Southwestern? He was a heck of a middle school QB. He should be a soph or junior shouldnt he?
Transferred to Pulaski
Got ran off for the Burton kid that is still there.
(06-06-2023, 03:58 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Transferred to Pulaski

I want to say I may have heard that but it must have slipped my mind if so. How's he doing at Pulaski? I just remember him from the Team Kentucky a few years back.
(06-07-2023, 07:47 AM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-06-2023, 03:58 PM)DangerMouse Wrote: [ -> ]Transferred to Pulaski

I want to say I may have heard that but it must have slipped my mind if so. How's he doing at Pulaski? I just remember him from the Team Kentucky a few years back.

Pulaski seems to find gunslinger types and this kid has the ability. Just don’t know who all is looking to take the job this offseason.
Serious question, does anyone in this district even give Southwestern a game this year?
(06-07-2023, 08:55 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Serious question, does anyone in this district even give Southwestern a game this year?
I don’t understand Why Southwestern and Corbin don’t play Varsity games against each other. Middle school and freshman/JV but not varsity. I ain’t got Foley turning down a game with Corbin anytime possible. This is a game that both teams needs on schedules..
I would like to see Corbin and SW play more often too. Maybe when the contract with PC runs out, they will start playing. Corbin already plays a pretty heavy non district slate and I would say their relationship with Hines and Russell at Pulaski are what got that game going. I don't see either team ducking one another though and chalk it up to probably just scheduling conflicts. Last year Corbin played Simon Kenton which both teams beat but a victory over 6A Simon Kenton would still be better for the RPI than a win over 5A Southwestern of 4A Corbin. Hopefully Corbin will try to schedule the game in the future over playing a 2A Somerset or 1A Hazard.
(06-27-2023, 01:42 PM)Corbin Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see Corbin and SW play more often too. Maybe when the contract with PC runs out, they will start playing. Corbin already plays a pretty heavy non district slate and I would say their relationship with Hines and Russell at Pulaski are what got that game going. I don't see either team ducking one another though and chalk it up to probably just scheduling conflicts. Last year Corbin played Simon Kenton which both teams beat but a victory over 6A Simon Kenton would still be better for the RPI than a win over 5A Southwestern of 4A Corbin. Hopefully Corbin will try to schedule the game in the future over playing a 2A Somerset or 1A Hazard.
Nah, it seems like since Haddix left we enjoy playing mediocre schedule in Regular season. This year’s schedule would have looked the part with SouthWestern on schedule. IMO Greer don’t want no Foley smoke cause I’ve heard Foley say numerous times he’ll play Corbin anytime any place.
I am no expert, nor am I a Corbin fan, but Corbin's non-district schedule looks stronger than Southwestern's to me. I don't think Frederick Douglass and Johnson Central would be on Corbin's schedule if they were avoiding tough competition. I would love to see a regular season series between Johnson Central and Southwestern.
Southwestern wouldn’t play Corbin or Johnson Central. This is the first cycle they’ve upped their schedule in years.

Corbin wouldn’t play Southwestern unless it was perfect timing on their part. Hence why they’re playing FD for their new stadium opener.
(06-07-2023, 08:55 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]Serious question, does anyone in this district even give Southwestern a game this year?

Yes, North will give Southwestern a game IMO.