Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville Schedule 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 18 vs Pulaski County
Aug 25 vs Johnson Central (Pike County Bowl)
Sep 2 @ Lexington Christian Academy
Sep 8 vs Raceland
Sep 15 @ Belfry
Sep 22 Open
Sep 29 Open
Oct 6 @ Dohn Community (OH)
Oct 13 vs Paintsville (D)
Oct 20 @ Hazard (D)
Oct 27 @ Boyd County 

Thoughts?
Anything on a 10th game?

Anywhere from 9-0 to 5-4.

Know nothing about Dohn?
I’ll give my 2cents worth on this. When I look at Pikevilles schedule, what else can you do? You have scheduled or circumstances of district has you playing the top 2 teams in 1A on a yearly basis or contenders anyways and then you look at the Belfry and Johnson Central on that schedule. You have all the big names on the schedule per say other than Corbin and as they showed last season that game is a go as well. That’s why Pikeville is winning championships.
Nobody in 1A plays a tougher schedule than Pikeville year in and year out.
(06-03-2023, 10:55 PM)RTruth Wrote: [ -> ]Anything on a 10th game?

Know nothing about Dohn?

According to Google, Dohn has 1002 students. Went 3-5 last year according to Max Preps.
Wish a good strong team would step up and agree to schedule my Panthers.
(06-04-2023, 11:35 AM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]

Know nothing about Dohn?

According to Google, Dohn has 1002 students. Went 3-5 last year according to Max Preps.

(06-04-2023, 11:35 AM)Jarons Wrote: [ -> ]

Know nothing about Dohn?

Dohn is really bad, will be a complete waste of time for Pikeville to play them, but I guess if you need to fill out a schedule then you gotta play someone. The RPI makes scheduling super tough for the really good 1A and 2A teams.
The Dohn game isn't happening. Pikeville still needs 2 more games.
(06-05-2023, 10:24 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: [ -> ]The Dohn game isn't happening.  Pikeville still needs 2 more games.
Do what Belfry done back when they were on their dominant run and go find games out of state. Belfry had to play Cabell Midland Huntington and Knoxville Catholic just to find games.
(06-05-2023, 10:24 AM)Buffs19 Wrote: [ -> ]The Dohn game isn't happening.  Pikeville still needs 2 more games.

Dohn Community is still of the understanding that the game is on, per HC Moe Cooper.
I read on an other site that Woodford County and Pikeville both had a similar open date and their was speculation that maybe the two schools could work something out.

As a Pikeville fan whose wife teaches in the Woodford County school system and I split my time between Versailles and Pikeville, I would be very excited to see this happen.

Unfortunately I also accept the game probably won't materialize in today's RPI system. Woodford has to much to lose playing a 1A school like Pikeville mid-season when the Panthers would probably enter the game as the favorite.
(06-03-2023, 08:13 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Aug 18 vs Pulaski County
Aug 25 vs Johnson Central (Pike County Bowl)
Sep 2 @ Lexington Christian Academy
Sep 8 vs Raceland
Sep 15 @ Belfry
Sep 22 Open
Sep 29 Open
Oct 6 @ Dohn Community (OH)
Oct 13 vs Paintsville (D)
Oct 20 @ Hazard (D)
Oct 27 @ Boyd County 

Thoughts?
Pikeville will be TOUGH!!! I am excited for our matchup on Aug 25 in PCB, could be game of the year.
I’m looking forward to it too Jchs but I could definitely see JC getting the best of the Panthers. I think it’s a great game for both teams early. It will test Pikevilles manhood early and for JC it gives them nice prep work against a solid spread team which is what they’ll see from some of the top dogs in 4A