Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2008 Johnson Central Golden Eagles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How well will Johnson compete next year?
Should Be Alright. Returning Starters
#7-Chase Richardson
#3-Ian Welch
#13-Dennis Dillion
#62-Travis Scott
#53-Josh Lackey
#10-Nathan Dillion
#5-Josh Hall
They'll still be a 8 or 9 win team next season, although it will be intresting to see how things unfold in Ashland, and I expect Montgomery County to be pretty tough along with Woodford... Best of luck to the Eagles in '08.
JCMADMAN99 Wrote:Should Be Alright. Returning Starters
#7-Chase Richardson
#3-Ian Welch
#13-Dennis Dillion
#62-Travis Scott
#53-Josh Lackey
#10-Nathan Dillion
#5-Josh Hall

Starters? If so this is a good base and if the "kids" got to play a good bit because JC had big leads in the 2nd half, all the better.
All Starters
JCMADMAN99 Wrote:Should Be Alright. Returning Starters
#7-Chase Richardson
#3-Ian Welch
#13-Dennis Dillion
#62-Travis Scott
#53-Josh Lackey
#10-Nathan Dillion
#5-Josh Hall

You forgot a few;
#42-Tanner Bratton LB, RB (Fresh)
#40-Ryan Harlow DT, FB (Soph)
#19-Alex Keil DE (Soph)

Casey Brown OL/DL (Junior) will be able to help us out a bunch too.
Keepnitreal Wrote:You forgot a few;
#42-Tanner Bratton LB, RB (Fresh)
#40-Ryan Harlow DT, FB (Soph)
#19-Alex Keil DE (Soph)

Casey Brown OL/DL (Junior) will be able to help us out a bunch too.

By the time next season rolls around, Casey Brown may be one of the most feared and physically dominating players in all of eastern Kentucky. Dont forget as to what his gene lineage consists of. In eastern Kentucky high school football it doesnt get much more impressive.
Another player that should provide help will be Brady Hamilton. Also, look for J.J. Jude to receive playing time and contribute.
im not much on johnson central, but i was sure hoping theyd do well this year cause i was pulling so hard for them last year. but its going to be hard to replace a shawn grimm
any one know if jk ratliff is going to uk
THOMCAT Wrote:Another player that should provide help will be Brady Hamilton. Also, look for J.J. Jude to receive playing time and contribute.

I agree with you on Jude but not with Hamilton.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:By the time next season rolls around, Casey Brown may be one of the most feared and physically dominating players in all of eastern Kentucky. Dont forget as to what his gene lineage consists of. In eastern Kentucky high school football it doesnt get much more impressive.

I agree Mr Kimball.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:By the time next season rolls around, Casey Brown may be one of the most feared and physically dominating players in all of eastern Kentucky. Dont forget as to what his gene lineage consists of. In eastern Kentucky high school football it doesnt get much more impressive.

I agree, his dad was a great high school football player and his two older brothers are probably the best ones to play at their particular position in this area since 2000. I'm not sure of Casey's strength but if its like his two older siblings it should come natural. I also think he isn't as aggressive as Matt or Ryan, but having to sit out this past season and this one being his last, he will be out to make a name for himself. Best of luck to Casey this coming year and to the rest of the Eagles.
Uncle Buck Wrote:I agree, his dad was a great high school football player and his two older brothers are probably the best ones to play at their particular position in this area since 2000. I'm not sure of Casey's strength but if its like his two older siblings it should come natural. I also think he isn't as aggressive as Matt or Ryan, but having to sit out this past season and this one being his last, he will be out to make a name for himself. Best of luck to Casey this coming year and to the rest of the Eagles.

I think that Casey will be every bit as agressive as either of his two brothers. He is really becoming a physical specimen and would try to run through a brick wall if Matney asked him to. I think he will become an absolute beast on the football field his senior season.

Not only does Casey have two older brothers that excelled in Matt and Ryan Brown, he has a multitude of first cousins that have left their marks on 15th region athletics in the last 10 years as well, with Jason Kinner of Paintsville, Mark Allen Grim of Paintsville, Mitchell Grim of Paintsville, plus Adam Blanton of Johnson Central, and Justin Blanton of Johnson Central.
Mr.Kimball Wrote:I think that Casey will be every bit as agressive as either of his two brothers. He is really becoming a physical specimen and would try to run through a brick wall if Matney asked him to. I think he will become an absolute beast on the football field his senior season.

Not only does Casey have two older brothers that excelled in Matt and Ryan Brown, he has a multitude of first cousins that have left their marks on 15th region athletics in the last 10 years as well, with Jason Kinner of Paintsville, Mark Allen Grim of Paintsville, Mitchell Grim of Paintsville, plus Adam Blanton of Johnson Central, and Justin Blanton of Johnson Central.

I didn't think of the family line for Casey other than his dad and brothers. You are right that is a pretty impressive gene pool. Adam and Justin were two of the most fundamentally sound baseball players I've ever seen, Mitchell was a good baseball player and I think at one time held the state record for most 3's made in a career. Mark Allen was a member of the state championship basketball team and the State runner-up team and Jason was a two time national champion at Georgetown in football. When you think of it, his whole family has been blessed with athletic ability. Casey is a hard nosed kid, he had no choice because growing up with Matt and Ryan I'm sure he took a few licks...lol I just think he is a little more soft spoken than his brothers, it wasn't a knock on his ability to play the game. Casey will be a great addition to the Eagles next season and he would've been a great help this past year.
bac2369 Wrote:any one know if jk ratliff is going to uk

With the season he had, its highly doubtful. I was really hoping he would perform well this year and get that scholarship but he just made to many bad decisions and doesnt move around well enough inside and outside the pocket to be a D1 QB.
bac2369 Wrote:im not much on johnson central, but i was sure hoping theyd do well this year cause i was pulling so hard for them last year. but its going to be hard to replace a shawn grimm

The same was said when Ron Blume graduated. JC will be fine. I dont think that there is any one player that can put up the numbers Grimm has the past couple years, but I expect those numbers to be achieved by a host of running backs.
Kayaker Wrote:With the season he had, its highly doubtful. I was really hoping he would perform well this year and get that scholarship but he just made to many bad decisions and doesnt move around well enough inside and outside the pocket to be a D1 QB.

well andre woodson dont neither, but he is still a d-1 prospect
bac2369 Wrote:well andre woodson dont neither, but he is still a d-1 prospect

http://footballrecruiting.rivals.com/vie...r_key=9813
Andre Woodson was a 4 star prospect coming out of High School, JK is no where near that. I wish he would have put up better numbers this year, but I think that he made to many crucial mistakes this year for UK to offer him a scholly.
well if he dont get it, i know he can walk on. he has a great arm. he is still on the list on the cat pause for possible quarterbacks.
Shawn Grimm was a senior this year right?? if so that hurts losing him and j.k. ratiliffe both....but i think jc will be aiight next year...not GREAT but you all will make 3rd round of playoffs IMO.
THOMCAT Wrote:Another player that should provide help will be Brady Hamilton. Also, look for J.J. Jude to receive playing time and contribute.

I like Jude and all. But, I just don't see it. Dillion should be the feature back next year. IMO Jude just isn't ready for the next level. Wrestling YES....Football, No!
A Decent Lineman Wrote:Shawn Grimm was a senior this year right?? if so that hurts losing him and j.k. ratiliffe both....but i think jc will be aiight next year...not GREAT but you all will make 3rd round of playoffs IMO.

Both were great players and will be sorely missed, but JC has the talent and depth to replace both adequately. Lets not forget that back in 2006 when Ratliff went down in the Boyd Co. game with a broken collarbone, Dennis Dillon stepped in and ran the offense very effectively, some even thought he should keep the position he ran the offense so well. Dennis posses nice size with good speed and a good arm. I dont think he is the passer that Ratliff is, but he has alot better mobility and strength. The question is will the QB for JC next year be Dillon or Hall. I like what JK Hall showed as a freshman and with Dillon being a senior next year, I'd give the nod to Hall. But both will be great QB's and could allow JC to run a much more effective spread attack.

I dont expect anyone person to give the offense the bang that Shawn Grimm did, but I expect a host of running backs account for his contributions. As someone already said, Nathan Dillon will probably be the feature back. JC will be solid once again on the offensive side of the ball, but the defense will have some work to do in the offseason.