Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Whitley Co 7 Corbin 1 (13th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Whitley scored 4 in the first and never looked back. Rematch if pitchers from district.

Zehr for Whitley only allowed two hits.
Helton of Corbin not the same as he was last week.

Congrats Whitley. Definitely been the best team all year. Much deserved. That bottom bracket at state is there if you want it.
Way to go Colonels. Go smoke some more hind end.
They definitely have a shot
Whitley was the best team all year - well deserved! Corbin will look back on this season with regret, lots of talent and just didnt get it done.
(05-25-2023, 09:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Colonels. Go smoke some more hind end.
Congrats to the Whitley fighting Dougies
Felt like they were better than Corbin all year
I hope Pikeville and Whitley meet up in Lexington and me and Dougie are sitting together.
Congratulations to the Colonels as their season for the ages isn’t done yet.
Whitley baseball got something good going on, go colonials get a title.
(05-25-2023, 10:54 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2023, 09:09 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]Way to go Colonels. Go smoke some more hind end.
Congrats to the Whitley fighting Dougies
Felt like they were better than Corbin all year
I hope Pikeville and Whitley meet up in Lexington and me and Dougie are sitting together.
Congratulations to the Colonels as their season for the ages isn’t done yet.

I love this baseball team. Excellent coaching with program established. I'd love to see the football team mimic what Coach Shope is doing. Jetpilot I hope they do play in Lexington. Remind me to come so I don't forget. lol
(05-25-2023, 09:44 PM)13th Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley was the best team all year - well deserved!  Corbin will look back on this season with regret, lots of talent and just didnt get it done.

They couldn't get it done. Whitley County has been a great all around team all season long. They've had great pitching , defense and timely hitting against the big boys.
(05-26-2023, 02:37 PM)pjdoug Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-25-2023, 09:44 PM)13th Wrote: [ -> ]Whitley was the best team all year - well deserved!  Corbin will look back on this season with regret, lots of talent and just didnt get it done.

They couldn't get it done. Whitley County has been a great all around team all season long. They've had great pitching , defense and timely hitting against the big boys.
I was eating breakfast at DQ this morning and three older gentleman was sitting around drinking coffee and talking Redhound baseball. One said before season started you could post team picture of Corbin and Whitley County and everyone would pick Corbin, he said look at the players names with colleges gonna be attending and then look at Whitley’s group. Obviously, one guy was upset because Corbin supposedly has far superior talent on the roster than Whitley. As I was leaving, I stopped by to let them know I had heard the conversation and that I was really curious as to how a team with far superior athletes and talent looses to Whitley County 4 out of 5 games played this season. ALL THREE MEN said far superior coaching. I agreed and payed for there breakfast because they all three was true corbin fans.. true story…
(06-14-2023, 12:49 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

I was eating breakfast at DQ this morning and three older gentleman was sitting around drinking coffee and talking Redhound baseball. One said before season started you could post team picture of Corbin and Whitley County and everyone would pick Corbin, he said look at the players names with colleges gonna be attending and then look at Whitley’s group. Obviously, one guy was upset because Corbin supposedly has far superior talent on the roster than Whitley. As I was leaving, I stopped by to let them know I had heard the conversation and that I was really curious as to how a team with far superior athletes and talent looses to Whitley County 4 out of 5 games played this season. ALL THREE MEN said far superior coaching. I agreed and payed for there breakfast because they all three was true corbin fans.. true story…

typical old head Corbin talk.
make no mistake, you’ll hear a lot of congrats from people that don’t mean it and a few that do, but behind closed doors, some of them have steam coming out of there ears. It’s something they’ve never been able to accomplish. 

show me a picture of both teams and i wouldn’t choose Corbin. Whitley had some dogs in their dugout.  Corbin mostly played reserved and scared against them. corbin returns a lot. They should be the favorite next year. I don’t have a dog in this fight,  it if I’m a Corbin kid who only plays baseball, I’m moving south because Whitley only needs a couple pieces to fill out that roster. Kids like there shortstop wright may be the best infielder in the state. It’s a shame they can’t get the college looks they deserve.
(06-14-2023, 09:21 PM)KnoxvillesFinest Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-14-2023, 12:49 PM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]

typical old head Corbin talk.
make no mistake, you’ll hear a lot of congrats from people that don’t mean it and a few that do, but behind closed doors, some of them have steam coming out of there ears. It’s something they’ve never been able to accomplish. 

show me a picture of both teams and i wouldn’t choose Corbin. Whitley had some dogs in their dugout.  Corbin mostly played reserved and scared against them. corbin returns a lot. They should be the favorite next year. I don’t have a dog in this fight,  it if I’m a Corbin kid who only plays baseball, I’m moving south because Whitley only needs a couple pieces to fill out that roster. Kids like there shortstop wright may be the best infielder in the state. It’s a shame they can’t get the college looks they deserve.
Corbin gonna be strong next season with all the pitching they gonna have coming back. Should be favorite right out the gate. However, Whitley County returns a ton of talent. And I fully agree the Wright kid is most underrated player in the State. If Whitley picks up two more pitchers look out cause These boys have shown over and over that they know how to win. Hearing chatter about a big time player possibly on the move to Corbin and if this happens the whole landscape of baseball changes in 13th Region. But then again great players like to play for great coaches and Whitley could have the best in the state again. Gonna be awesome watching Whitley defend the title next season as 39-4 is Incredible Season 4th in Nation in wins I heard. I think some big time talent goes to play for Shope this year in my opinion.