Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th Region Tourney Predictions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Well the tournament is all set. We all know the draw is king so it has actually changed my mind on who I think will win. Here is the setup:

Breathitt vs Perry
Estill vs Knott

Hazard vs Wolfe
Letcher vs Powell

I have Breathitt winning getting a good draw. Let’s hear the predictions?
I predict another 54th district championship game.
Perry vs Estill
Hazard vs LCC

Perry vs Hazard

Hazard wins again
Hazard is a hard team to beat. Experience matters.
My pick is Hazard. Meehan’s the best coach.
All Meehan does is win. At least in the 14th.
Honestly I get the Meehan Hazard thing. Hard to bet against a team that’s won 7 in a row. But I really was never impressed with them this year. I don’t think they get it done this time. They also got a pretty rough draw.
It blows my mind how for the past 7 years Hazard has been able to win it time and time again as a 1A school. But really has dominated that region in a lot of things. I know baseball isn’t football, but I think the 14th is the one region in the entire state where school size simply doesn’t matter. You have no super large schools and being as rural as most of the schools are, it’s hard to consolidate that talent.

Seems like hazard benefits from being the small school. Players play together all the way threw school, never have to figure out how to mesh like schools that are larger do when they all come together in middle school, and there’s just simply no history out there that competes.

It’s fascinating from an outside perspective, much the same pikeville is in their region.
At Hazard Objective #1 is to WIN. At a lot of the other schools it’s to make sure certain kids play certain positions no matter the cost, got a keep family members happy and others. Just what I have saw for a long time in the 14th. Meehan doesn’t care who you are, who your parents are, whose grandson you are, etc. The guy puts his best where they set him up for success.
(05-21-2023, 12:50 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]At Hazard Objective #1 is to WIN.  At a lot of the other schools it’s to make sure certain kids play certain positions no matter the cost, got a keep family members happy and others.  Just what I have saw for a long time in the 14th.  Meehan doesn’t care who you are, who your parents are, whose grandson you are, etc.  The guy puts his best where they set him up for success.
This has absolutely hit the nail on the head.
1st round
Breathitt 8
PCC 1

Estill 4
KCC 2

Hazard 5
Wolfe 1

LCC 7
Powell 3

Semi Finals
Breathitt 9
Estill 2

Hazard 3
LCC 2

Finals
Hazard 5
Breathitt 1

Hazard just knows how to win, but this will be the last year of their 14th region dominance.
Perry - 7
Breathitt - 1

Estill - 6
Knott - 0

Powell - 5
LCC - 4

Hazard - 6
Wolfe - 1

Perry - 5
Estill- 4

Hazard - 7
Powell - 2

Perry - 2
Hazard - 4
1st Round

Breathitt over Perry
Estill over Knott
Hazard over Wolfe
Letcher over Powell

Semi's

Estill over Breathitt
Hazard over Letcher

Championship

Hazard over Estill to win yet another Region Championship
Breathitt 8
Perry 3

Knott 5 (upset city baby)
Estill 4

Hazard 6
Wolfe 2

Letcher 6
Powell 1

Semis:
Breathitt 10
Knott 2

Letcher 3
Hazard 2

Finals:
Breathitt 2
Letcher 1
Breathitt just beat Perry 3-2.
Powell loses 10-0.
IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE OF COACHES AT POWELL COUNTY. IF THE ADMINISTRATION WON'T DO IT, THEN THE MEN COACHING SHOULD STEP DOWN INSTEAD. THEY ARE NOT DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR THESE PLAYERS OR THE SCHOOL.
Finally got to see a game live this year. Well it was a good close ball game but this has to be the worst Perry County team of all time. Just couldn’t make plays defensively. Looked like several kids out of position. Not impressed with Breathitt either. I’m going to say Hazard wins the region rather easily.
(05-22-2023, 09:55 PM)BaseballPirate Wrote: [ -> ]Powell loses 10-0.
IT IS TIME FOR A CHANGE OF COACHES AT POWELL COUNTY. IF THE ADMINISTRATION WON'T DO IT, THEN THE MEN COACHING SHOULD STEP DOWN INSTEAD. THEY ARE NOT DOING WHAT IS BEST FOR THESE PLAYERS OR THE SCHOOL.
Never gonna happen. This Administration wouldn’t ever even entertain firing ANY of their coaches.

UK would fire John Calipari with his lifetime contract before Powell Admin would fire Frank Spencer lol.
(05-22-2023, 10:54 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Finally got to see a game live this year.  Well it was a good close ball game but this has to be the worst Perry County team of all time.  Just couldn’t make plays defensively.  Looked like several kids out of position.  Not impressed with Breathitt either.  I’m going to say Hazard wins the region rather easily.

Better tune into WSGS radio hoss..

Wolfe - 5
Hazard - 1
Well the take I have from Wolfe and hazard is that Hazard pitching just wasn’t on tonight. Wolfes was. Wolfe hit the ball well and got the hits when they needed them. Hazard didn’t. But Wolfe did a good job having lengthy at bats. They may have struck out a few times but it seemed like it was 10 pitches in an at bat. Everyone has said this regional tournament was a toss up. Good one so far. Congrats wolves.
Popkorn, wow I just ate my words. And I am happy to say congratulations to Wolfe County.
That’s why you play the game, no one gave Wolfe a shot in this one. Especially after the district final game. Wolfe played a game that most expected Hazard to play. Made all the routine plays and put the ball in play enough to win. Molands kid had a great performance on the mound. Anytime a Freshman can control their emotions in that type of a setting it’s special. Should be 2 really good games tomorrow night. LCC & Wolfe split and Estill & Breathitt didn’t play.
Love seeing someone else get a shot at the championship this year. I think everyone was pulling for the Wolves in this one. I don’t know the kids name, but wow did he pitch well
And down go the mighty dawgs. Congratulations to Wolf County!
I am very surprised at the outcome popcorn. It’s good to see wolf have some success. Keep on howling wolves. Be nice to see a Breathitt/Wolfe final. Happy to see that crown finally removed from King John.
Congrats to Wolfe, sounded like they played fantastic. Much respect to Hazard. What a run they had, can’t win em all.
Everything happened that needed to happen for Wolfe to win. They played flawless in the field and on the mound (great performance). And they had big timely hits. Hazard was flat from the start and Wolfe took advantage and built on it.
Choo Choo

Let's break it down..  New team to represent 14th
Great pitching performance from Molands. He kept Hazard off balance all night. Every kid on Wolfe's team stepped up last night and played great. Wilson hit an absolute tank and it really fired up Wolfe. I think Wolfe wanted it more and Hazard just overlooked the young Wolfe team. Wolfe made plays when they had to in the field and had timely hits when they mattered most.
I would think Letcher is the favorite now. But I will be pulling for the Wolves.
Pages: 1 2