Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Powell County 17 Perry Central 0
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard from a friend that Powell beat the brakes off of Perry tonight.  17-0?  Is this the worst team Perry has ever had?
Oh wow! Not the final score I would have imagined.
Does anyone have any details on this one?  Powell destroying Perry on the road is not anticipated.  In the game of baseball, an upset is definitely going to happen but not this bad.  Interested to hear what happened or didn't happen.  Bad loss for Perry in May.
17-0, OOOUUUUUCCCCCHHHHH
PCC started Daniels on the mound. Gave up 7 ER over 3. Hughes pitched 1, giving up 5, 4ER, and Watts pitched 1 giving up 5 ER. Total of 18 hits, 8 BB, and 4 K.

PC pitched Nickell 5 innings, 2 hits, 2 BB, and 4 Ks. 8th grader, Carter Poe went 4-4 with 5 RBI's.

Let see if PCC will start McAlarnis tonight. I am sure PC will start freshman Lacy Dicken.
What is going on at Perry? Looks like they have 1 kid that is batting over .300 and their 2 big arms have a combined record of 4-7. One kid struck out a total of just 10 times last season but has already struck out 22 times this season with at least 10 games left to go. I know they did lose a couple of big bats from last season who helped them hit 19 HR’s last year vs just 1 so far this season. Still, they returned their 2 best pitchers who have been nowhere near as productive as they were last season. Kids lost interest or coaching lost interest?
I guess even big arms got to get a few runs to work with. Idk what problem is there but future don’t look very bright at present time for them. Hopefully things can turn around.
(05-02-2023, 03:54 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I guess even big arms got to get a few runs to work with.  Idk what problem is there but future don’t look very bright at present time for them.  Hopefully things can turn around.
Definitely gotta have the run support.