Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lexington Christian 45 Pikeville 14
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Final.

Tale of 2 halves. Pikeville led total yards in first half 227-106 but trailed 10-7. LCA comes out and scores 28 in 3rd quarter to take over.
congrats Lexington Christian
this one got a little uglier than I expected......Congrats Lexington Christian
man i was pushing for my panthers. Everyone thought LCA wouldnt hold.

Good luck in the playoffs
this is a big surprise for me, but congrats LCA, we'll cya next week.
wow i expected to this to be a reversal of scores...and having a pikevile hazard rematch but eh....good season pikeville....and get ready LCA!
Was rooting for ya panthers, but u all had a great season!

Congrats LCA
jchsrulz Wrote:Was rooting for ya panthers, but u all had a great season!

Congrats LCA

Great season? Pikeville didn't beat a single decent team. It's official, Pikeville football is dead. RIP.
Two big plays that turned the game were both on special teams. Pikeville's squib kick late in the first half allowed LCA to drive for a FG at end of half. Then the blocked punt early in the 2nd half, no one blocked and the punter took all day to get it off. LCA had a great kicker and punter. Like I said, special teams played a big factor on this very cold night and it cost the Panthers.
jetpilot Wrote:Great season? Pikeville didn't beat a single decent team. It's official, Pikeville football is dead. RIP.
Sad to say, but it does seem to be true. :igiveup:
jetpilot Wrote:Great season? Pikeville didn't beat a single decent team. It's official, Pikeville football is dead. RIP.
If thats the way you feel then why dont you get off your tush and do something about it instead of bellyaching like you do all the time. Geez...Your like the person who doesnt vote but complains about the direction the country is going in.
HAIL PIKEVILLE! Wrote:If thats the way you feel then why dont you get off your tush and do something about it instead of bellyaching like you do all the time. Geez...Your like the person who doesnt vote but complains about the direction the country is going in.

What? I'm not bellyaching at all. Just pointing out simple facts. And unfortunately, there's nothing I can do to help right the ship. I'm not going to argue with you though, because we are on the same side.
Great Season Pikeville. Great game LCA.

Pikeville football is definitely down. Coaches must get more players on the team. From what I hear there is only a very limited number of Freshmen who went out for football. Why is this? I remember these Freshmen were pretty good as 8th graders.
Pikeville football is dead is ridiculous IMO! I do agree that I definately didn't expect an outcome like this, but to say that a program like Pikeville is dead is a joke! Good season Panthers and Congrats LC! Hope Hazard sticks it to ya!
PLAYBOY5 Wrote:Pikeville football is dead is ridiculous IMO! I do agree that I definately didn't expect an outcome like this, but to say that a program like Pikeville is dead is a joke! Good season Panthers and Congrats LC! Hope Hazard sticks it to ya!

Saying it was a good season is a joke. Again, didn't beat a team that could play dead.
They beat Ashland, Lou Holy Cross, Betsy Layne, Allen Central twice, Paintsville twice, Phelps, and South Floyd. You couldn't combine ALL of those teams and beat a halfway decent team. In games against decent teams Pikeville flat stunk it up. But if you can make yourself believe that beating up on the Betsy Laynes and Allen Centrals of the world and getting embarrassed by every decent team you play makes for a good year, then more power to you.
jetpilot Wrote:Saying it was a good season is a joke. Again, didn't beat a team that could play dead.
They beat Ashland, Lou Holy Cross, Betsy Layne, Allen Central twice, Paintsville twice, Phelps, and South Floyd. You couldn't combine ALL of those teams and beat a halfway decent team. In games against decent teams Pikeville flat stunk it up. But if you can make yourself believe that beating up on the Betsy Laynes and Allen Centrals of the world and getting embarrassed by every decent team you play makes for a good year, then more power to you.
I'm not a Pikeville fan by any means, but I always root for them in the playoffs. I like seeing the home teams do go. And I have to agree with you. Pikeville football is just not the same anymore and it is really sad to see. I have always respected Pikeville for their accomplishments, bu they just don't seen up to par lately.
And I am not saying that Pikeville is what Pikeville was, but the program isn't DEAD by no means!
I was very disappointed by this Pikeville team. They had some trouble at the start of the second half, and instead of fighting for the win, fighting for their season, this team laid down and died. They hung their heads low and let LCA get the best of them.

And watching the two brothers fight on the sidelines was ridiculous. That right there showed the breakdown of this team last night.

To me it looked like there was some serious problems with the offensive play calling, every play was run, run, run, which just doesn't work against any respectable team. Of course, I have also heard that the Pikeville QB has a tendency to change the plays in the huddle, so this may have been why almost every play in the second half looked like a broken play.

On top of that, Pikeville needs to get some meat on that offensive line. They couldn't stop LCA's Powderpuff team. I didn't see many runs....successful or not, up the middle. It looked like, because the line couldn't block anybody, Pikeville was just trying to run it around the line and around the defense, and LCA was just too quick for that.

Last night was a good first half, and then the mental breakdown of this team in the second half. Maybe next year this team can get their act together. But I've heard that Pikeville is not turning out a lot of new players out. I heard that there 15 or so freshmen that quit this year. On top of the 14 Seniors leaving, Pikeville is going to be in for a few rough seasons coming up.
ComfortEagle Wrote:I was very disappointed by this Pikeville team. They had some trouble at the start of the second half, and instead of fighting for the win, fighting for their season, this team laid down and died. They hung their heads low and let LCA get the best of them.

And watching the two brothers fight on the sidelines was ridiculous. That right there showed the breakdown of this team last night.

To me it looked like there was some serious problems with the offensive play calling, every play was run, run, run, which just doesn't work against any respectable team. Of course, I have also heard that the Pikeville QB has a tendency to change the plays in the huddle, so this may have been why almost every play in the second half looked like a broken play.

On top of that, Pikeville needs to get some meat on that offensive line. They couldn't stop LCA's Powderpuff team. I didn't see many runs....successful or not, up the middle. It looked like, because the line couldn't block anybody, Pikeville was just trying to run it around the line and around the defense, and LCA was just too quick for that.

Last night was a good first half, and then the mental breakdown of this team in the second half. Maybe next year this team can get their act together. But I've heard that Pikeville is not turning out a lot of new players out. I heard that there 15 or so freshmen that quit this year. On top of the 14 Seniors leaving, Pikeville is going to be in for a few rough seasons coming up.

Pikeville's coach tried to jump ship to Henderson County over the summer. Just didn't get the nod. The freshmen do not like the current coaching staff. Look for Pikeville to fall further if there is not a coaching change.
Pikeville's lack of discipline overall is their biggest problem. When they would have problems on the field it was blown off, no correction, just excuses or "the other team started it" bull.
NEXT Wrote:Pikeville's lack of discipline overall is their biggest problem. When they would have problems on the field it was blown off, no correction, just excuses or "the other team started it" bull.
You dont have 1 clue as to what your talking about!!!
NotoriousBIG Wrote:You dont have 1 clue as to what your talking about!!!

No I'm not in the "know" at Pikeville but from threads on here and their supporters, all is not well.

I hope they get it righted though, as I enjoy the rivalry Pikeville and Belfry have. Its good for the county.
NEXT Wrote:No I'm not in the "know" at Pikeville but from threads on here and their supporters, all is not well.

I hope they get it righted though, as I enjoy the rivalry Pikeville and Belfry have. Its good for the county.

Well if some of the kids in the school would get off their lazy butts and stop playing stupid video games or this myspace garbage maybe it will get righted! Call me a hypocrite if you like but its the truth
halftime. down by 3. golden opportunitie.

45-14 Loss
NotoriousBIG Wrote:Well if some of the kids in the school would get off their lazy A ss and stop playing stupid video games or this myspace garbage maybe it will get righted! Call me a hypocrite if you like but its the truth

We agree.

Sports as a whole in this area has went down because of this.
I'm surprised no one has mentioned this but SIX, SIX, SIX, SIX, SIX turnovers!!!!!! They could not have beaten a good JV team. I was very frustrated with the way they played. I think Pikeville was the better team but that was a pathetic effort!! Sad to see a team with this much potential burn out like they did.
jetpilot Wrote:Saying it was a good season is a joke. Again, didn't beat a team that could play dead.

OK, I'm sorry. Pikeville sux!!!!!Rolleyes
ComfortEagle Wrote:I was very disappointed by this Pikeville team. They had some trouble at the start of the second half, and instead of fighting for the win, fighting for their season, this team laid down and died. They hung their heads low and let LCA get the best of them.

We must not have watched the same game! Most of Pikeville's success came from faking to the halfback wide off tackle and countering to Harmon right up the center's butt. LCA's safety must have had twenty tackles alone tonight(#15 I believe), most of which were on this play.

Does anyone know how many yards Harmon ended up with against LCA?
Chuck Taylor Wrote:Pikeville's coach tried to jump ship to Henderson County over the summer. Just didn't get the nod. The freshmen do not like the current coaching staff. Look for Pikeville to fall further if there is not a coaching change.

I agree with that, completely! Though, it may just be that I'm not a fan of Jackson after the Hazard playoff stunt, and all the politics that are kept on his team. Being "In the loop" if you will, I see that these things ARE true and there needs to be a coaching staff change, pronto; and I don't think Jackson would mind it, as CT said above, he tried to leave once.

Now call me an old, clueless man that played back in the day when we used rocks as balls, but in all my years of watching. Ive not seen Pikeville football this bad. Thats all there is to it. And if it continues, we'll be lucky to beat up on BL...End of it.

I agree with jetpilot, pikeville has nothing to be horraying about this year. You cant call this, or any of the past few IMO successful, Pikeville has no competition, and when they get faced with it, they shut down.:devilflam
Pages: 1 2 3