Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Anderson County hire…
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anderson County Schools is excited to announce that David Buchanan has been hired as Head Football Coach at Anderson County High School. In serving 30 years as the head coach at Paris, Mason County, and Mercer County, his teams have won 231 games, placing him 30th on the list of all-time wins in KHSAA football history and 7th in wins among active coaches. Most recently, Coach Buchanan has served as Offensive and Defensive Analyst for St. Xavier High School. Coach Buchanan has also served two terms as the President of the Kentucky Football Coaches Association and has been coach of the year at the district, regional, and state levels. David and his wife Stephanie have three children: John Combs, Emma, and Trosper; a daughter-in-law: Caroline Parker Buchanan; and a grandson: John Parker Buchanan.

Any student who would like to participate in Anderson County High School football for the 2023 season should plan to meet with Coach Buchanan after school on Monday, April 17th in the football fieldhouse to discuss spring football plans. We also invite the community and team to a meet-and-greet with Coach Buchanan on Monday, April 17th, from 5:00-6:30 p.m. in the ACHS cafeteria. Light refreshments will be provided.

#TeamAC ??⚪️
Congratulations and a good hire!
Excellent hire

I felt like Anderson County was a good fit for Buchanan.
Good hire. Congrats to Coach Buchanan and Anderson County.
Been a rough first month.
(05-08-2023, 03:59 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Been a rough first month.

What happened
(05-08-2023, 08:43 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-08-2023, 03:59 PM)plantmanky Wrote: [ -> ]Been a rough first month.

What happened

Typical cryptic post...
Cam Higgins leading rusher from Anderson Co has transferred to Western Hills.
(05-08-2023, 09:07 PM)toolaidback Wrote: [ -> ]Cam Higgins leading rusher from Anderson Co has transferred to Western Hills.

Next man up
(05-08-2023, 09:07 PM)toolaidback Wrote: [ -> ]Cam Higgins leading rusher from Anderson Co has transferred to Western Hills.

Why would anyone transfer to WH?  They look like a middle school team at best.
I feel like AC kids cant handle hard work.
(05-09-2023, 10:46 AM)lnkskippy Wrote: [ -> ]

Why would anyone transfer to WH?  They look like a middle school team at best.
I feel like AC kids cant handle hard work.

You never know a kids circumstance in why they left, but Western Hills made a heck of a hire in the off season and I can't blame anyone wanting to play for a coach with the fire that he has. But the Anderson County kids most definately are some of the most talented kids in the state and can handle anything you throw there way. Just a few years ago one transferred to Boyle County and is a 2 time champion today because of it and he was a team leader. You aint gonna work any harder than what they do at Boyle County. All Anderson County needed was a good coach. They just hire one.
AC got a good coach and a kid still left.  AC had Peach and kids left.  I feel like both coaches would make the kids work hard.
We shall see how WH does.  Still not sold on them, never will be.
(05-09-2023, 04:21 PM)lnkskippy Wrote: [ -> ]AC got a good coach and a kid still left.  AC had Peach and kids left.  I feel like both coaches would make the kids work hard.
We shall see how WH does.  Still not sold on them, never will be.
I think any program in an area that has a good population can have potential. They got a good coach.
(05-08-2023, 11:28 PM)True pioneer Wrote: [ -> ]

Next man up

Running out of bodies.
Anderson County as athletes? They have had some outstanding players in the past but in a down cycle. Peach was winningest coach in school history and was mysteriously let go. The guy that followed him had an impressive resume and they struggled. Coach Buchanan is a hall of fame guy so we will see.
Rumors are the problems start at the top the very top of the food chain. Anyone has to have the support to have success.
Did Anderson ever update their facilities? I know there was a big design and stuff back when Peach was still there but did that ever happen?
Not sure but attended a game two seasons ago and have to imagine it is one of the worst fields in the area.
(05-11-2023, 09:22 AM)olreb Wrote: [ -> ]Not sure but attended a game two seasons ago and have to imagine it is one of the worst fields in the area.
Easily the worst field in the area...
Went to a softball game and the field looks green and not bad. But the bleachers HAD wind screens around it and after this springs weather it is destroyed and looks awful. waste of money by the athletic department by letting it go. Also has anyone ever noticed they only have 1 40 second clock and it is never used?