Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Breathitt 2023 schedule
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
8/18 vs Belfry
8/25 at Perry Central
9/1 vs Lewis Co
9/8 at Johnson Central
9/15 at Hazard
9/22 vs Letcher Central
9/29 vs Somerset 
10/6 Open
10/13 vs Leslie
10/20 at Danville 
10/27 at Prestonsbhrg

Breathitt's schedule has been soft last few years and it has hurt them in playoffs. This is a big step up.
Nice!
That's a brutal schedule with the exception of a game or two. 

It is good to see that the Bobcats coaching staff is trying to take the next step by scheduling competition that will help develop the team over the course of the season. 

Awesome. 

My eagles could learn a thing or two from that.
(04-05-2023, 08:36 PM)wolfcat Wrote: [ -> ]8/18 vs Belfry
8/25 at Perry Central
9/1 vs Lewis Co
9/8 at Johnson Central
9/15 at Hazard
9/22 vs Letcher Central
9/29 vs Somerset 
10/6 Open
10/13 vs Leslie
10/20 at Danville 
10/27 at Prestonsbhrg

Breathitt's schedule has been soft last few years and it has hurt them in playoffs. This is a big step up.

It feels like they must be confident they are going to be pretty strong this year. I don't think they would have lined up that schedule to get embarrassed.
The best case scenario would be 9-1, and the worst case scenario would 4-6. If the Bobcats beat Belfry at home, that would give them the momentum and confidence to have a great season. An opening loss to Belfry, followed by a loss to Perry Central would be a "punch in the gut" to a program looking to take the next step. It's going to be hard to go to Johnson Central and get a win, but as long as they compete, that's a plus. There are a lot of games which could go either way, such as Perry Central, Hazard, Letcher, and possibly Somerset. Danville is a name that has a lot of tradition, but I'm hearing they are in rebuilding mode. Prestonsburg will be down, Lewis County isn't very strong, and Leslie will be decent, but Breathitt should win comfortably at home. As I have said in the past, if Breathitt can find a QB, they have a chance to be one of the top teams in 2A, but if not, they are a fringe top ten team. It's hard to make a prediction based on the uncertainty of a QB, but this schedule will benefit these boys either way.
Happy to see this program build towards what they were at their peak! Breathitt football is taking the right strides to make a championship run in the near future!
Breathitt needs a qb! Iffthey can gome up
With ne they can play at kroger field this year.
Why does Breathitt have to travel to Perry two years in a row?

I like the schedule. It’s tough
(04-09-2023, 11:40 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Breathitt have to travel to Perry two years in a row?

New contracts for 2023-2024 seasons for non district games.
I think Breathitt will make a deep run this season and this schedule sets the tone for a hard nosed football team come November
Pretty early….but looking at that schedule….I’m gonna say 6-4.
I always am interested in how the Breathitt County teams will fair. Sometimes they field some amazing teams that fall a little short but what they have is outstanding support to go along with the tradition.

I’ll definitely watch this schedule and say it’s 7-3. And that’s not a knock it’s just an interesting schedule. I can definitely appreciate when teams load up for a run.
8-2 is my prediction
I feel like we are going to have a great season
(04-24-2023, 07:19 PM)Bluegrassbredbobcat Wrote: [ -> ]8-2 is my prediction
I feel like we are going to have a great season
 That would be a great year with that schedule and I think it is certainly possible. Belfry will be a handful, but from what I have seen in years past if you play them you want them as early as possible because they seem to get better and better as the season goes on. If they can win that game then Johnson Central is really the only other one on there that I think they a very low chance of winning. Now I am not saying they will win the rest, but I certainly feel like if they execute all those other games are winnable. JC will be a tough nut to crack though just from shear number of athletes compared to Breathitt. I do think after week one we will have a good measure of how they will fair the rest of the way.
(04-09-2023, 11:40 PM)Tailback44 Wrote: [ -> ]Why does Breathitt have to travel to Perry two years in a row?

It the way scheduling falls in 2024 . If they don’t travel to Perry then don’t have a game for Honey Bowl next year.

Breathitt has toughest schedule I seen in long time . But real Question is who win QB Battle.
Stacy,Johnson,Crisp is 3 kids they have battle for starting nod. They’re all 3 different style QB.

Stacy kid -He be a Sr and has most varsity experience but at different position WR. He also very injury prone. Had trouble stay healthy.

Johnson kid- Be soph and has been that class QB all the way up. More pocket passer not real threat run but good frame and nice size.

Crisp Kid- Going be sophomore and He transfer in from Lesile Co last year. Very athletic kid just not a lot experience and not played QB a lot . Has really put a lot muscle on in off season. If not play QB he likely get reps on Defense some.
Breathitt has found themselves without a QB. If that’s all they have to choose from then I don’t care what kind of team they have they can’t succeed. Stacy isn’t a QB, Johnson just don’t have it athletically as we all know why he’s even mentioned. Crisp may be the only option at this point and that’s more of pistol type offense.
I thought Bryant was a junior?
(05-17-2023, 10:33 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt has found themselves without a QB. If that’s all they have to choose from then I don’t care what kind of team they have they can’t succeed. Stacy isn’t a QB, Johnson just don’t have it athletically as we all know why he’s even mentioned. Crisp may be the only option at this point and that’s more of pistol type offense.
I agree, they might as well run the ball. I don’t think Stacy will play QB. The Johnson kid is there because of his family. No way he can lead the team. He might be okay in his JR or senior season. I don’t know about Crisp, but if he’s any type of athlete, he would be a better pick than Johnson.
(05-17-2023, 11:23 PM)Wolfeman Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-17-2023, 10:33 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt has found themselves without a QB. If that’s all they have to choose from then I don’t care what kind of team they have they can’t succeed. Stacy isn’t a QB, Johnson just don’t have it athletically as we all know why he’s even mentioned. Crisp may be the only option at this point and that’s more of pistol type offense.
I agree, they might as well run the ball. I don’t think Stacy will play QB. The Johnson kid is there because of his family. No way he can lead the team. He might be okay in his JR or senior season. I don’t know about Crisp, but if he’s any type of athlete, he would be a better pick than Johnson.
I think you're going to see a lot of wishbone this year with Tolson, Combs, and Gibson. They have a talented and big O line that has another year of experience. They were talented last year just young. I would like to see them run it 80% of the time but they need a QB to keep teams from crowding 9-10 in the box. To get to where this team can get which I think with the right draw could be to Kroger Field then their QB isn't on their roster right now. I don't see any of the options on the roster taking them that far.