Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Wolfe County 2 Perry County Central 1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from PCC.
The Young Wolves pick up a good win. This team has the most upside of anyone in the region. With 7 freshman starting and all of them part of the pitching rotation the wolves have a ton of room to improve before the end of the season. I think the All A next week is between the winner of the Hazard-Breathitt 1st round game and Wolfe in the finals.
Good Win for the young Wolves.
I wouldn’t start celebrating to soon. About like beating Jackson City.
(04-05-2023, 09:38 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn’t start celebrating to soon.  About like beating Jackson City.

I completely agree with you that Perry is down this year. However, I think Wolfe should be able to celebrate all they want. They don’t have a history of beating those teams. So it’s a big deal to them when they start to. I don’t think Wolfe will win the region. It’s looking like Letcher  and then a drop off
Wolfe led LCC through 6 innings and had 2 costly errors or would have left Whitesburg with a W. Wolfe struggled with Estill due to errors. I think the 14th could go to several different teams this year if the cards fall the right way . Not saying Wolfe will win the region this year but this definitely isn't the Wolfe Co of the past
Hazard is the best team in the region easily. Come tournament time, they are in another class.
(04-05-2023, 01:52 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Hazard is the best team in the region easily.  Come tournament time, they are in another class.

They may be but if they are they got some work to do between now and tournament time. If I was ranking the teams today based on the games I've seen in person and score I've noticed it would be..

1. LCC
2. Estill
3. Breathitt < Breathitt/Hazard could be either way
3. Hazard
5. Wolfe
6. PCC
7. Powell
8. Knott
9. Leslie
10. Owsley
11. Lee
12. Jackson City
13. Buckhorn
14. Cordia
I’m sure they got plenty work down in Florida playing teams like North Broward Prep. Hazard improves while everyone else just go through the motions.
(04-05-2023, 04:17 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]I’m sure they got plenty work down in Florida playing teams like North Broward Prep.  Hazard improves while everyone else just go through the motions.

Maybe... maybe not. Meehan is a heck of a coach I agree, but you can only do so much with what you've got. I'm just not so sure Hazard has the talent that they typically have to show as much improvement that they have in years past.  Are they capable... absolutely. But I'm just not so sure there is a team that just really stands out head to shoulders over the rest of the field in the 14th this season. During region play it's win or go home. One bad game is all it takes.
To beat Hazard in the tournament teams have to COMMIT to small ball. Hazard plays small ball and makes routine plays and it always wins. They manufacture 3-4 runs a game and let other teams beat themselves.
Hazards BEST PLAYERS from last year are all still here. Another 4 weeks and they will be dropping the hammer down on 14th region foes like they have for years and years.