Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Floyd In 07-08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Juss wanna get every1's thoughts on how the raiders will do this season..
now that newman can't play for bl, they will finish fourth in the 58th
listen if by this u mean south floyd can beat bl without newman then ur crzy..........south floyd couldnt beat bl's jv
Worst team in the district.
bballjunky Wrote:now that newman can't play for bl, they will finish fourth in the 58th

i should have been a little more clear with this, i meant without newman playing for betsy layne, south floyd will still finish fourth in the district, im sorry for the misinterpretation..
Coach Hall is very young this year. I think in the coming years, he will have a team to contend for the Region. I wish him all the best this year.
Definitely worst team in the district this year. Lost any talent they had last year.
the season hasnt even started and everyone has their opinions but it doesnt matter who you have on a team or how youre playing right now it all boils down to who is playing their hardest time march comes around and even the besy teams can have a bad night and lose sometimes jealousy tears the greatest teams apart, but with south floyd being young this year with 2 seniors returning their season will be a little carzy. but my hat goes off to those young men who i believe will play their hardest no matter who they are playing. every year one team or another always gets bashed but if you look at the names doing the bashing it always refers to the other countys school, people we need to support our local teams , its hard enougn having to compete with the other teams in the region little alone having to defend your self in your home county
blackcat606 Wrote:the season hasnt even started and everyone has their opinions but it doesnt matter who you have on a team or how youre playing right now it all boils down to who is playing their hardest time march comes around and even the besy teams can have a bad night and lose sometimes jealousy tears the greatest teams apart, but with south floyd being young this year with 2 seniors returning their season will be a little carzy. but my hat goes off to those young men who i believe will play their hardest no matter who they are playing. every year one team or another always gets bashed but if you look at the names doing the bashing it always refers to the other countys school, people we need to support our local teams , its hard enougn having to compete with the other teams in the region little alone having to defend your self in your home county

Good post.

Wes Akers and those guys will be scrappy and fisty on the hardwood. No one may play harder than these boys if they have their 3's falling and are getting up and down the floor. Good luck to South Floyd this season.
I think with the loss of the seniors and a couple kids not playing and transfering the Raiders lost the ME not team part of the game and will be a lot better this year. Wes and the younger players played harder this summer then they had in 2 years. I think they will be more competitive this year and if Dylan Langdon can learn the system and help down low the will finish 2nd in the 58th IMO, but good luck to all the teams in Floyd County
yes, SF lost the ME part of their team, but they lost a key player due 2 tranfer also...SF is very young and the future does look bright 4 mt.raider...IMO SF needs 2 play the players that deserve it...i was at the game the other nite, and i remember the startin a freshman, turner was the name is what people said...i thought it was kinda funny that he was startin, b/c it looks like 2 me that there is 3 or 4 players that came off the bench that looked 2 be better than him...the way it looked 2 me is that SF is having trouble with politics..b/c i seen 2 players come in the game, a blonde headed kid, freshman i think, had 5 pts. in the first 1 min or so he was in there and was took right back out, then i think it was hayes did sorta the same and he was rewarded with a seat on the bench...it juss doesnt make ne since...i mean rly...play the players that deserve it, not the ones ur close 2...oh yea they also have a new kid that looked impressive and a mitchell boy that came off the bench and did great...Looks like 2 me the coaches need 2 look over there lineup and play the kids that need 2 be playin, no matter if it is ahead of their family, friends, or w/e...
I agree with blackcat i seen some talent that deserved to play before others but didn't have the chance because of family or friend reasons...i also seen some players that done real good in what time they was out there and got rewarded with more time on the bench if your going to have a winning season PLAY THE PLAYERS THAT NEEDS TO PLAY
Could be beat by a good girls team
Well think what you want to quarterback. You have your own opinion but be reasonable if they work hard and maybe change the lineup around then they will have a good season but if not its all down hill from here
I also know that some players might have been award some playing time during a scrimmage remember it is a scrimmage for going to every practice and summer league things. The blonde kid did nothing over the summer, but will be a good player, I think tommy j would be starting but is injured. Mitchell will help but is coming off of a football ankle injury and is 75-80% right know. Also just because you looked good in the minutes coming in against Piairst does not mean you are ready for a lot of playing time. I also know the tranfer will not hurt much he showed over the summer the me before team attitude. But having just 10 players for most of the summer they will get the chance first, if Langdon developes the raiders will finish 2nd in the district behind pburg
meganwillis10 Wrote:I also know that some players might have been award some playing time during a scrimmage remember it is a scrimmage for going to every practice and summer league things. The blonde kid did nothing over the summer, but will be a good player, I think tommy j would be starting but is injured. Mitchell will help but is coming off of a football ankle injury and is 75-80% right know. Also just because you looked good in the minutes coming in against Piairst does not mean you are ready for a lot of playing time. I also know the tranfer will not hurt much he showed over the summer the me before team attitude. But having just 10 players for most of the summer they will get the chance first, if Langdon developes the raiders will finish 2nd in the district behind pburg

ha ha seems like you're SF's personal trainer...I watched numerous games at the Pikeville College camp...and I seem to remember in a JV game against Pike Central he had 21 pts. and I think 5 3's and at least has dbl. figures in all the other games in the camp...also at a camp at Hazard I remember him having 16 or 17 pts. one game and 12 the next...they only had about 8-10 games over the summer...he never got the chance 2 play varsity over the summer...which i still don't understand...but besides that the turner kid that started can shoot a little bit...only when he sumone creates the shot for him...he has no def. ability what so ever, hes not all that fast either, but I'm sure over the yrs. that might change...maybe...yes Tommy Joe would probably start but he's injured and won't be playing more than likely...and as far as Mitchell having a ankle injury, I seen no signs of an ankle injury the other night...You're absolutely right about the looking good against Piarist thing, but when you start(Turner) and you don't do anything against the weakest comp. you'll face all yr. then theres a problem....and they did not only have 10 players over the summer...so that's not right...yes the Langdon kid looks like he could sure help the raiders...but there is no way they will finish second in the district...P-Burg will beat them at least 20 every time they play and so will BL, they may have an outside shot against AC, if they are shooting well....they lost 4 out of their top5 players due to grad. and transfer, and also lost a prob. starter(Tommy Hall) due to injury, so I don't know how you could say that they will be second in the district...P-burg has 90% of their team returning and so does BL...Akers is the only player that will be playing that has any exp....yes he is a good shooter, but teams will key on him and get the ball out of his hands...so if you can tell me who is gonna be SF's leading scorer behind Akers I would like to know...Akers played more mins. in one game last yr. then any other of SF's players did in 5 games last yr...Kyle Howell or Kory Henry played about 10 mins. combined a game last yr...I don't even remember the varsity winning a game this summer...and when you're 4-23 the yr. before and you lose 90% of your teams experience, scoring, rebs,etc...it is very unlikely that you're gonna finish 2nd in the district...I'll go ahead and predict SF's recored 4 ya...and you can mark it down...they will not win more than 5 games this yr.(guaranteed)...
Posted By meganwillis10
summer ball, does not matter. glad to see...

Summer ball, does not matter. glad to see Pikeville getting back to where they need to be and look for a lot of things out of them but summer ball does not mean anything. Different coaches use summer...

See what I mean...you're contradicting yourself...so even if you say the blonde kid did nothing in the summer, you don't even know yourself...it sounds like u may be close to the players at Raider nation as well...hmmm!
well like i said summer ball does not mean anything as far as what a team is going to do in the regular season but it is funny how a kid could score like that in a couple games and decide that it was good enough to not show up and get on the bus for the last 2 days of pikevilles camp/ plus they did not play in hazards summer camp it was kcc, the varsity won 3 games at pikevilles team camp. Pburg hands down will win the district, Bl without newman is average at best and will take a while for them to gel under a new coach, Sf is as good as Ac so 2nd like i said if Langdon can give them scoring and a inside man.
Work hard SF and it will pay off.
i dont know were you get your info maybe you are one of the raiders team, but i have it from one of the coaching staff at sfhs that the blond kid(dakota)is his name did attend the whole summer camp at pikeville, and all of the kcc camp except one day due to having a muscle pulled the coach told him to stay off it, and the camp at pikeville sf only took 10-12 players and were seperated into 2 teams so how would you know what is going on at sf all the time are you there with them , and from what i seenthe other night howell and tackett did a good job noone knows who will start he could start all freshman and then again he may not play any of them my point i was making was the kid game in and got 5 points quick and then was took out when there were players that shot their arms off and didnt it anything , it doesnt matter who starts the game all that matters is who's in the game at the end .

my advice is dont talk about something you know nothing about summer is over and season is about to start, noone knows who will be were when the season ends for me i like to see the best players play it doesnt matter who they are but everyone deserves a chance it shouldnt matter who your mama or daddy is or if you are kin to the coach if you have talent then you will play if you dont have the talent and you get a lot of playing time its not making you look bad it will fall to the coach , so people could we at least wait till season starts before we go at it
well it sounds like to me megan has been riding the bus to every summer camp game so they have to be a player or coach, well and i also no that the blonde kid did go to all of pikeville camp but missed one day of kcc camp due to injury but you cant hold something against a kid with an injury if so y aint tommy j playing lol....but i doubt tommy will be starting cause its said to be that he wont be back till middle of season and i dont think coach hall is gonna let him just come back and start..and also tackett and howell done a good job so the starting positions are up for grabs
uhavenoidea Wrote:ha ha seems like you're SF's personal trainer...I watched numerous games at the Pikeville College camp...and I seem to remember in a JV game against Pike Central he had 21 pts. and I think 5 3's and at least has dbl. figures in all the other games in the camp...also at a camp at Hazard I remember him having 16 or 17 pts. one game and 12 the next...they only had about 8-10 games over the summer...he never got the chance 2 play varsity over the summer...which i still don't understand...but besides that the turner kid that started can shoot a little bit...only when he sumone creates the shot for him...he has no def. ability what so ever, hes not all that fast either, but I'm sure over the yrs. that might change...maybe...yes Tommy Joe would probably start but he's injured and won't be playing more than likely...and as far as Mitchell having a ankle injury, I seen no signs of an ankle injury the other night...You're absolutely right about the looking good against Piarist thing, but when you start(Turner) and you don't do anything against the weakest comp. you'll face all yr. then theres a problem....and they did not only have 10 players over the summer...so that's not right...yes the Langdon kid looks like he could sure help the raiders...but there is no way they will finish second in the district...P-Burg will beat them at least 20 every time they play and so will BL, they may have an outside shot against AC, if they are shooting well....they lost 4 out of their top5 players due to grad. and transfer, and also lost a prob. starter(Tommy Hall) due to injury, so I don't know how you could say that they will be second in the district...P-burg has 90% of their team returning and so does BL...Akers is the only player that will be playing that has any exp....yes he is a good shooter, but teams will key on him and get the ball out of his hands...so if you can tell me who is gonna be SF's leading scorer behind Akers I would like to know...Akers played more mins. in one game last yr. then any other of SF's players did in 5 games last yr...Kyle Howell or Kory Henry played about 10 mins. combined a game last yr...I don't even remember the varsity winning a game this summer...and when you're 4-23 the yr. before and you lose 90% of your teams experience, scoring, rebs,etc...it is very unlikely that you're gonna finish 2nd in the district...I'll go ahead and predict SF's recored 4 ya...and you can mark it down...they will not win more than 5 games this yr.(guaranteed)...

who r u talkin about played JV during the summer and had 21 if it's the transfer ur absolutly nut's he didnt play JV and neither did Tommy Joe..so he** im lost w/ who ur talkin about
meganwillis10 Wrote:I also know that some players might have been award some playing time during a scrimmage remember it is a scrimmage for going to every practice and summer league things. The blonde kid did nothing over the summer, but will be a good player, I think tommy j would be starting but is injured. Mitchell will help but is coming off of a football ankle injury and is 75-80% right know. Also just because you looked good in the minutes coming in against Piairst does not mean you are ready for a lot of playing time. I also know the tranfer will not hurt much he showed over the summer the me before team attitude. But having just 10 players for most of the summer they will get the chance first, if Langdon developes the raiders will finish 2nd in the district behind pburg

I was at evrey one of the raider football games and i know for a fact that the Mitchell kid did not hurt his ankle, he might of had a cut on it or somthing minor, but nothing that would affect his game on the hardwood. As for the blonde kid, i got to see him play for a few minutes the other night against piarst but he doesn't look like to me he will be an all star but will deffeniatly help out the team shooting wise and could possibly get some playing time on varsity, he didn't really handle the ball too much so i culdn't give you my full opinion on any other of his talents. But for the most part the team did look real good being unselfish and passing the ball ALOT more than last season. they just have alot of players who will be racking in some prety good minutes this year that never really got to play last year and they just have to get their "jitters" out quick and step it up to be able to contend in the district and region. GOOD LUCK RAIDERS
im not talkin about the langdon kid...im talkin about the blonde kid(hall)...and i kno 4 a fact that he missed only one game this summer due 2 a hip injury...i heard from a south floyd parent at the game that he was diagnosed with possible crippling arthritis i think...if so, it is crazy that a kid in that condition plays harder than most of the team...
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:who r u talkin about played JV during the summer and had 21 if it's the transfer ur absolutly nut's he didnt play JV and neither did Tommy Joe..so he** im lost w/ who ur talkin about

read the messages ahead of u raider nation
uhavenoidea Wrote:im not talkin about the langdon kid...im talkin about the blonde kid(hall)...and i kno 4 a fact that he missed only one game this summer due 2 a hip injury...i heard from a south floyd parent at the game that he was diagnosed with possible crippling arthritis i think...if so, it is crazy that a kid in that condition plays harder than most of the team...

o ok ur talkin about Dakota. yea he was diagnosed w/ crippling arthritis 2 summers ago. he works really hard and it shows
ok his name is dakota...didnt kno that lol...and yes it does show...i think once a few raiders get some exp. like hall, turner, and marson, along with the development of paige and langdon...the raiders may start surprising teams by mid-season...
boxboy Wrote:I was at evrey one of the raider football games and i know for a fact that the Mitchell kid did not hurt his ankle, he might of had a cut on it or somthing minor, but nothing that would affect his game on the hardwood. As for the blonde kid, i got to see him play for a few minutes the other night against piarst but he doesn't look like to me he will be an all star but will deffeniatly help out the team shooting wise and could possibly get some playing time on varsity, he didn't really handle the ball too much so i culdn't give you my full opinion on any other of his talents. But for the most part the team did look real good being unselfish and passing the ball ALOT more than last season. they just have alot of players who will be racking in some prety good minutes this year that never really got to play last year and they just have to get their "jitters" out quick and step it up to be able to contend in the district and region. GOOD LUCK RAIDERS

yea i no i watched 95% of the football games and they didnt get hurt...but no one said (hall)was gonna be an all star all i sayd was that he works hard and give 100% all the time and him plus others deserved to play more then what they did, but good luck to the raiders hope you all have a good season
Raider_Nation09 Wrote:who r u talkin about played JV during the summer and had 21 if it's the transfer ur absolutly nut's he didnt play JV and neither did Tommy Joe..so he** im lost w/ who ur talkin about

lol i just wanted to tell you they did play a couple of jv games well the transfer dylan is his name did but tj only played one i think im not sure tho cause i only got to watch a couple of games and i didnt watch most of the jv games
uhavenoidea Wrote:ok his name is dakota...didnt kno that lol...and yes it does show...i think once a few raiders get some exp. like hall, turner, and marson, along with the development of paige and langdon...the raiders may start surprising teams by mid-season...

i just wanted to let u and everyone else know that the ones that u are talkin about is
Hall - Freshman
Turner - Freshman
Marson - 8th grade!
Paige - Sophomore
Langdon - Junior

yea just wanted to let u all know that lol
Pages: 1 2