Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lynn Camp football coach resigned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
who be the front-runner for this job
Any chance Jackson Arnett returns to the 606 and puts Lynn Camp back on the map?
Lynn Camp is such a tough job. Virtually impossible not to bleed talented kids away to Corbin and/or Knox Central.
Lynn Camp reminds me of MC Napier from Perry County. Hard nosed kids but all the talent went to Hazard. They could compete but not enough to win big games.
anything new on coaching search
Richard Sapcut should be a candidate
(03-29-2023, 11:21 PM)13th Wrote: [ -> ]Richard Sapcut should be a candidate

I agree, I think he would have to be considered a front runner. He seems to have done more in the last month to promote that program and put forth more effort to change things to a positive direction than I’ve seen in many years at Lynn Camp.
Lynn Camp needs to go outside. Getting rid of Harris set the program back and nothing from the last couple of years leads me to believe that anyone currently in the program is the answer. I'm not sure who all will want or even apply for this job considering how hard a job it is, but I would try and find someone that's been a coordinator on an established winning program and see if I can't get them to take the leap.
I think Sapcut would be a good hire. Kids seem to like him and i feel like he does a great job in the weight room from what I have been told. Like most schools I feel like they need to hire someone who will be there for an extended period of time and let them have room to build a program. Who else do you think would be a good hire for Lynn Camp?
anything being said or anything on annoucement
any time soon annoucement be made or anything
(04-02-2023, 03:34 PM)hchs fan Wrote: [ -> ]any time soon annoucement be made or anything
Heard Lynn Camp got a 6’5” 315 lb RT from North Laurel. Supposedly the kid was getting looks from colleges while at North Laurel. Who is coaching Lynn Camp and how did Lynn Camp get this kid. I’m hearing he is a monster and a wrestler.
(06-02-2023, 09:15 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-02-2023, 03:34 PM)hchs fan Wrote: [ -> ]any time soon annoucement be made or anything
Heard Lynn Camp got a 6’5” 315 lb RT from North Laurel. Supposedly the kid was getting looks from colleges while at North Laurel. Who is coaching Lynn Camp and how did Lynn Camp get this kid. I’m hearing he is a monster and a wrestler.
WOW!
 WWE ?
(06-02-2023, 09:22 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
 WWE ?

WWE I reckon. Size alone is impressive.
(06-02-2023, 09:57 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
 WWE ?

Camp got anything that will fit that guy ?
(06-02-2023, 11:06 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ]
 WWE ?

Doubt it honestly.

pretty sure they named the Hendrix guy head coach a while back. Been around this school for years. Wife coaches softball. Stayed in house apparently
 WWE ?

Just heard the big boy that transferred from North Laurel had just transferred from Knox Central to North Laurel back in early spring. Can anyone say ELIGIBILITY issues? Hearing the strength coach left Knox Central for Lynn Camp..
(06-03-2023, 11:02 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2023, 09:15 AM)Cowboy42 Wrote: [ -> ]Heard Lynn Camp got a 6’5” 315 lb RT from North Laurel. Supposedly the kid was getting looks from colleges while at North Laurel. Who is coaching Lynn Camp and how did Lynn Camp get this kid. I’m hearing he is a monster and a wrestler.
 WWE ?

Just heard the big boy that transferred from North Laurel had just transferred from Knox Central to North Laurel back in early spring. Can anyone say ELIGIBILITY issues? Hearing the strength coach left Knox Central for Lynn Camp..
There is a coach at Lynn Camp that came from last season's Knox coaching staff. He has put more effort into promoting Lynn Camp football than any coach since Coach Harris left. As far as eligibility issues, while the KHSAA portrays they have tightened the transfer issue up, nothing would surprise me when they rule on that. Reminds me of a few years ago about a Corbin basketball player. Kid stated out at Corbin as an 8th grader, left to play at North Laurel, left North Laurel to play at Whitley Co., and then returned to Corbin to play his senior year there. And the kid lived at the same address in the same house for all 5 years and 3 different school systems.
(06-03-2023, 12:46 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2023, 09:22 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ] WWE ?

There is a coach at Lynn Camp that came from last season's Knox coaching staff. He has put more effort into promoting Lynn Camp football than any coach since Coach Harris left. As far as eligibility issues, while the KHSAA portrays they have tightened the transfer issue up, nothing would surprise me when they rule on that. Reminds me of a few years ago about a Corbin basketball player. Kid stated out at Corbin as an 8th grader, left to play at North Laurel, left North Laurel to play at Whitley Co., and then returned to Corbin to play his senior year there. And the kid lived at the same address in the same house for all 5 years and 3 different school systems.
I remember some of that. Could be a bunch of kids sitting out this year over not making legit moves. I’m not sure that I would risk sitting out my Senior Year for not being found eligible over legit move. KHSAA has been cracking down since new rule went into place. Wasn’t Lynn Camp Football Team shut down last season only a few games in? Not enough kids? I just remember vaguely about Lynn Camp Season closed out way early.
(06-03-2023, 12:46 PM)jamesdeane Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-02-2023, 09:22 PM)BUFFALO Wrote: [ -> ] WWE ?

That’s what I heard too. I’m fairly certain North Laurel can’t hold the kids eligibility up because he only transferred to North Laurel in January. However, I’m hearing KC can hold his eligibility up due to playing varsity all year in 2022 and not moving address’s while he moved to North Laurel or to Lynn Camp. So three schools in less than six months for this kid and didn’t change addresses either time. I heard last night a picture was being circulated by a Lynn Camp coach with this kid saying he got his boy back. If he’s a coach putting pictures on social media of him and a transfer making a statement of getting his boy back. Not a good look for a coach that just left KC to Lynn Camp.