Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Montgomery County Hires Jason’s Mays
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Official.
Wow  Big Grin
That didn’t take long.
Easy hire. After all he was just a phone call away. ?
Great Hire
Be interesting see what kind of job they gave his wife.
I heard one of the requirements of the job was he has to have an unlisted phone number.  Smile

I hear that one of his assistant's from last year at Ashland who was on the Ashland staff this year will be going with him.
(03-13-2023, 04:15 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I heard one of the requirements of the job was he has to have an unlisted phone number.  Smile

I hear that one of his assistant's from last year at Ashland who was on the Ashland staff this year will be going with him.

No Number is unlisted if you want to pay for it lol.
(03-13-2023, 04:15 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I heard one of the requirements of the job was he has to have an unlisted phone number.  Smile

TLT
I heard that if you feel like you have reached this number by error you should please hang up and try your call again. This is a recording.! Beeep
(03-13-2023, 05:25 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023, 04:15 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I heard one of the requirements of the job was he has to have an unlisted phone number.  Smile

You being a Russell fan may want to choose your words wisely…. Word on the street is that a dad is bringing some players in to play with his son…. Wonder if any of those players talked to a Coach, Parent, or Player about coming to Russell?  Which are all violations of Bylaw 16!   The same bylaw that Mays broke. This post may come back to haunt!
Montgomery just hired the best coach in the state. Congrats to Jason Mays
(03-13-2023, 06:07 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023, 04:15 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]I heard one of the requirements of the job was he has to have an unlisted phone number.  :)

You being a Russell fan may want to choose your words wisely…. Word on the street is that a dad is bringing some players in to play with his son…. Wonder if any of those players talked to a Coach, Parent, or Player about coming to Russell?  Which are all violations of Bylaw 16!   The same bylaw that Mays broke. This post may come back to haunt!

I assume your post was directed to @GOREDDEVILS I'm not a Russell, Ashland, or Boyd fan.
All jokes aside this region just got a lot more competitive. He is a winner. Be interesting to say the least. Between them and GRC it will be an arms race like no other. Will be fun to watch and high quality basketball.
(03-13-2023, 06:07 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]

Nothing wrong with anything I said which is true with the internet nobody's number is truly unllisted like it or not.
Also if anyone can prove that Russell is breaking that bylaw I am against that and will totally advacate against that. I know Appalachian Cat is trying to take up for his poor tomcats who got caught.
(03-13-2023, 07:38 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Also if anyone can prove  that Russell is breaking that bylaw I am against that and will totally advacate against that. I know Appalachian Cat is trying to take up for his poor tomcats who got caught.
The Tomcats didn’t get caught doing anything. The coach did. Those young men are a class act and don’t need for you to disrespect them.   Hard to refer to the Regional Champs as the “poor” Tomcats.  Agree?
(03-13-2023, 07:52 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023, 07:38 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]Also if anyone can prove  that Russell is breaking that bylaw I am against that and will totally advacate against that. I know Appalachian Cat is trying to take up for his poor tomcats who got caught.
The Tomcats didn’t get caught doing anything. The coach did. Those young men are a class act and don’t need for you to disrespect them.   Hard to refer to the Regional Champs as the “poor” Tomcats.  Agree?

I never mentioned any kid thank you. I mentioned the program.
(03-13-2023, 07:55 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023, 07:52 PM)Appalachian Cat Wrote: [ -> ]

Playing the tomcats next year????
(03-13-2023, 08:32 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]

It was said by Russell would re evaulate after the season. I'm not a coach or an admin so I have no idea. But I'd say there is a good chance that Ashland is back on the schedule but like I said I have no control over what Russell does. I will support Russell no matter what. What I won't support is if anyone can bring out some proof that Russell is breaking any bylaws.
(03-13-2023, 08:32 PM)Ky1976 Wrote: [ -> ]

Only if they get those transfers. If not they will probably not play Ashland until the regional tournament, where they can’t hide.
Has there ever been a head coach fired for rules violations, and hired by another school the same season?  Big Grin
This topic is about Montgomery County hiring of Jason Mays. I believe everybody deserves a second chance so hopefully Coach Mays has learned from his mistakes (recruiting). I'm hoping he will change and attempt to win the right way.

It is common knowledge that Russell coaches are going through parents to get AAU kids into their program but that should be a different topic not this one. Let's keep this topic on Montgomery Co.
Mays will give coach cook a run for his money on bring in recruited kids. Cook graduates a lot of his talent. Next year is a reload year. Mays and cook will battle it out. Mason will still be good. The price will surely ski rocket for recruiting. Mays went to 5k for the Russell kid. I can only image what the price will be paid now with inflation being what it is right now. Lol
WV just passed the transfer portal. Do you feel this will spread across states
I don’t know if Montgomery County realizes what a steal they got in Jason Mays, but it’s time for Indian fans to sit back and enjoy the ride of legitimate basketball led by a coach who gives everything he’s got to the betterment of his program and players. He is the real deal and surely one of the best, if not the best, high school coaches in the state. Lest anyone forget, he took the Ashland team he inherited his first year to a region win and one win at state. Without that success, Colin Porter probably wouldn’t have chosen to go to Ashland. He did, though, and the rest was history. Mays knows what he’s doing with coaching high school basketball and there’s no denying it. Congratulations to Jason Mays for overcoming the setup of all setups to coach again. Congratulations to Montgomery County as I’m sure you’ll be headed to Rupp Arena sooner rather than later.
(03-13-2023, 10:33 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]Mays will give coach cook a run for his money on bring in recruited kids.  Cook graduates a lot of his talent. Next year is a reload year. Mays and cook will battle it out. Mason will still be good. The price will surely ski rocket for recruiting.  Mays went to 5k for the Russell kid. I can only image what the price will be paid now with inflation being what it is right now. Lol
I don’t believe a word of your accusation about Mays and the Russell kid. But coming from you, who has fed more misinformation and distortions into this story than any poster on here I can totally understand. You have a personal hatred for Mays that’s is eating you from the inside out, simply because someone in your family wasn’t good enough to play varsity minutes for him. Which is a selfish reason but so be it. You have tried your best to make him look as if he is calling parents to try convince them to transfer kids to Ashland and he didn’t do that. I’m not saying parents didn’t contact him or boosters but I don’t know. But he wasn’t on the phone with a notepad list of kids to attempt to talk into transferring. If he is the big recruiter you pretend he is he sure is very lame at it because in four years of coaching at the school he had just 3 players that actually played meaningful minutes. What does that average out to, less than 1 player a year while he was there. To find the big time recruiters, girls and boys, you will need to check out about a hundred plus other programs throughout the state. Especially in Jefferson County. Players hop from one school to another in that county like it’s a pin-ball machine. Players transfer all over the state and yes, the parents or guardians are talking in advance to coaches and boosters and others before they enroll, they’re  just not secretly taped. If you think they’re not you are completely naive and have your head buried in the sand. I’ve followed basketball in Kentucky since the 1960s and know what I’m talking about. You’ve used this one tape to make Jason the whipping boy of all transfers, legal or illegal, throughout the state. Well, now he’s gone but you are still hounding him on this social platform. He’s made mistakes and he paid for it with loss of his coaching position. He’s no longer in Boyd Co or the 16th region. Allow the man to get on with his life.
I have to agree with 16th. MoCo is getting one of the best with coach Mays. My biggest problem with Mays was his arrogance and that he chose to discuss anything over the phone with a parent of a rival team. However how he could get an entire team to play totally unselfish basketball was unbelievable at the HS level. Not to mention how he got an entire team to buy into off season conditioning through a tough CrossFit regiment so they could run the court and push the ball at a high pace for 32 minutes every game and against a very tough schedule was special to watch. If he gets the support at MoCo he will revisit Rupp sooner than later.  
Dial it up.
(03-14-2023, 12:00 AM)LOOKAYANNER Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-13-2023, 10:33 PM)16thregionballer Wrote: [ -> ]Mays will give coach cook a run for his money on bring in recruited kids.  Cook graduates a lot of his talent. Next year is a reload year. Mays and cook will battle it out. Mason will still be good. The price will surely ski rocket for recruiting.  Mays went to 5k for the Russell kid. I can only image what the price will be paid now with inflation being what it is right now. Lol
I don’t believe a word of your accusation about Mays and the Russell kid. But coming from you, who has fed more misinformation and distortions into this story than any poster on here I can totally understand. You have a personal hatred for Mays that’s is eating you from the inside out, simply because someone in your family wasn’t good enough to play varsity minutes for him. Which is a selfish reason but so be it. You have tried your best to make him look as if he is calling parents to try convince them to transfer kids to Ashland and he didn’t do that. I’m not saying parents didn’t contact him or boosters but I don’t know. But he wasn’t on the phone with a notepad list of kids to attempt to talk into transferring. If he is the big recruiter you pretend he is he sure is very lame at it because in four years of coaching at the school he had just 3 players that actually played meaningful minutes. What does that average out to, less than 1 player a year while he was there. To find the big time recruiters, girls and boys, you will need to check out about a hundred plus other programs throughout the state. Especially in Jefferson County. Players hop from one school to another in that county like it’s a pin-ball machine. Players transfer all over the state and yes, the parents or guardians are talking in advance to coaches and boosters and others before they enroll, they’re  just not secretly taped. If you think they’re not you are completely naive and have your head buried in the sand. I’ve followed basketball in Kentucky since the 1960s and know what I’m talking about. You’ve used this one tape to make Jason the whipping boy of all transfers, legal or illegal, throughout the state. Well, now he’s gone but you are still hounding him on this social platform. He’s made mistakes and he paid for it with loss of his coaching position. He’s no longer in Boyd Co or the 16th region. Allow the man to get on with his life.
You don’t have to believe it but in the phone conversation, Mays mentioned how he almost got the Russell kid to go to Ashland. That kid ended up 16th region POY. My problem with this Mays situation is how he has tried to play a victim through it. It was obvious he was recruiting and someone busted him. Own up to it and say my bad. Instead he has still tried to play a victim, even in his letter he wrote for taking the MoCo job. That letter showed it will be the same situation at Montgomery with kids coming in, only he has had time to figure out a better way to communicate to get it done.
He is so full of himself...writes a big twitter letter after accepting a job in Mt. Sterling, KY lol
Pages: 1 2