Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Ashland 46 Knott County Central 34 (KHSAA Girls' Sweet 16®)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final. Ashland was in control of this one from the start led 16-1 to start and never looked back. One interesting point about these two teams is that between the two of them there is only one has a senior on the team.
First half was the worst half of basketball game Ive ever watched in my life lol
(03-09-2023, 04:47 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]First half was the worst half of basketball game Ive ever watched in my life lol

Agreed.  Turrible basketball.
I have nothing but respect for the job Coach Davis has done in her first year. She has truly established herself as an elite coach. McCracken Co. is definitely a tall task but you never know. With Coach Davis in charge ...... I believe Ashland is on the verge of something special.
(03-09-2023, 09:55 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]I have nothing but respect for the job Coach Davis has done in her first year. She has truly established herself as an elite coach. McCracken Co. is definitely a tall task but you never know. With Coach Davis in charge ...... I  believe Ashland is on the verge of something special.

I agree that she's playing the right style for the team she has. McCracken just beat Rowan by 7 earlier in the year so they're no world beaters.  With Mercy upsetting Cooper as well, their side of the bracket has opened up considerably.  It won't be an easy road, but it's as easy as anyone can ask for to reach the finals.  Today's game was against perhaps the worst team to make the state tournament ever.
Ashland will have to play a lot better than they did vs Knott or they could be looking at a 20-30 point loss. McCracken is very good. They beat a darn good Bethlehem team yesterday by 30 points.
(03-10-2023, 12:17 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2023, 09:55 PM)The_Messenger Wrote: [ -> ]I have nothing but respect for the job Coach Davis has done in her first year. She has truly established herself as an elite coach. McCracken Co. is definitely a tall task but you never know. With Coach Davis in charge ...... I  believe Ashland is on the verge of something special.

I agree that she's playing the right style for the team she has.  McCracken just beat Rowan by 7 earlier in the year so they're no world beaters.  With Mercy upsetting Cooper as well, their side of the bracket has opened up considerably.  It won't be an easy road, but it's as easy as anyone can ask for to reach the finals.  Today's game was against perhaps the worst team to make the state tournament ever.

I'm a 16th region fan and an Ashland fan....but...to say McCracken is no "world beater" just because they only beat Rowan by 7 is not merited. I understand where you are coming from, our common opponent is Rowan and they didn't blow them out....but....they have the highest RPI and the best record of any team left in the tournament. I know RPI is not perfect, especially at the beginning of the season, but as more data is fed into the system the algorithms produce data that is much closer to the truth. I agree, McCracken is not on anyone's list of best teams in the country, but in terms of this tournament, they are definitely one of the favorites. A victory by the Kittens would be a monumental upset and a huge turning point in the program. I would love to see it happen but to make it happen they have to play much better than they did in the Knott Central game.

I also don't agree that Knott County Central is perhaps the worst team in tournament history. I've seen some pretty weak teams throughout the years. They came in and were hit hard but pulled it together and made it a respectable game, which shows both the character of the kids and their coach. The worst team in tournament history would not have done that. Hat's off to Knott County Central.

I agree that she's playing the right style for the team she has.  McCracken just beat Rowan by 7 earlier in the year so they're no world beaters.  With Mercy upsetting Cooper as well, their side of the bracket has opened up considerably.  It won't be an easy road, but it's as easy as anyone can ask for to reach the finals.  Today's game was against perhaps the worst team to make the state tournament ever.
How many state tournaments
 have you been to?

Knott County Central is a better team than the showing in this game. Plus they are a young team. Their pg Gayheart had a lot of good looks at 3’s and unlike the regional tournament the ones in this tournament wouldn’t fall until a few did in the second half. After playing awful in the first half the Lady Patriots played much better in the second half and actually won the half.
(03-10-2023, 02:23 PM)UKisN1 Wrote: [ -> ]

How many state tournaments
 have you been to?

Only 3 in person, but I’ve watched whenever available.  I’d never seen a team unable to score a point for nearly an entire half.
Several teams have scored in the 20's at the modern state tourney.