Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Male 67 Trinity 65 (2OT) (7th Region Championship)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Bellarmine.
Wow!! What a ballgame
Can Breathitt match up well with Male?
I think they do. I think they can beat male
I think Breathitt has a shot if they play extremely well. I saw Harlan County beat Male at the King of the Bluegrass, but it appears Male closed the season really strong.
Male has a big problem coming!!!

Male is going to get a beaten that they will never forget!
Trinity might have been a better matchup for Breathitt County just because they typically play more low scoring games with high leverage possessions. The crowd will be behind Breathitt County if they can keep it close, but I'd imagine that Male will have a bit more crowd support than Trinity would have had as well.
It doesn’t matter what Male has because they are fixing to take a beating that they will remember for the rest of there life’s because Breathitt is loaded.
(03-08-2023, 09:19 PM)spectator 101 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn’t matter what Male has because they are fixing to take a beating that they will remember for the rest of there life’s because Breathitt is loaded.
I don't know about "taking a beating they will remember the rest of their lives", but I do think it will be a very competitive game. Breathitt has the athletes to match up with Male, and they can get out and run and gun. It all boils down to taking care of the ball and taking high percentage shots. If Breathitt can do both, they stand a good chance, if not, it could be a long day for the Bobcats. Personally, I believe Breathitt has turned the corner and it's due to the focus on the defensive end. Collins is playing hard, and Sperry is playing within himself. If Breathitt can knock down shots, they will be tough to beat.
Bad as I hate to say it, Catdaddy, I totally agree with you , lol. Have to guard the three, as well, and keep their composure. This team has done a complete 180 in just about every facet of the game, especially defense and their composure. Executing better than they ever have, playing unselfishly, and bought into defense. The credit has to be given to the current coaching staff, hands down. I was wrong. This is coach Moore’s team, no one else’s. If he’s not the state coach of the year, then there’s not one.
(03-09-2023, 09:37 AM)Cat Daddy Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-08-2023, 09:19 PM)spectator 101 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn’t matter what Male has because they are fixing to take a beating that they will remember for the rest of there life’s because Breathitt is loaded.
I don't know about "taking a beating they will remember the rest of their lives", but I do think it will be a very competitive game. Breathitt has the athletes to match up with Male, and they can get out and run and gun. It all boils down to taking care of the ball and taking high percentage shots. If Breathitt can do both, they stand a good chance, if not, it could be a long day for the Bobcats. Personally, I believe Breathitt has turned the corner and it's due to the focus on the defensive end. Collins is playing hard, and Sperry is playing within himself. If Breathitt can knock down shots, they will be tough to beat.
Breathitt is not weak like they was when your little boys played Cat Daddy. Breathitt will not only embarrass Male but will bring home the state title Cat Daddy!!!
Male has 2 very solid guards in the Edelen brothers, Jack and Cole. Would be hard pressed to find a more composed duo in the tournament than those two. If Breathitt can contain them, limit their turnovers (unlike the Perry game) and Collins plays like he’s capable of down low, they have a shot. Not particularly worried about Sperry as he’s played this level of competition for the last couple of summers and held his own but the rest of the Bobcats best be on top of their games if they want to hang with the Bulldogs. White and Gasaway are the other two Male players that can be tough to handle at times.
Breathitt will embarrass Male.