Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: A challenge to everybody on BGR concerning our troops
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Everybody on here goes to bed each night, gets up in the morning, goes to work, goes to school, may be disabled, just live a normal life, and you can do this without fear because of what our Veterans DID, and what our soldiers are doing NOW. We speak English. Not arabic. Not spanish. Not german. Not vietnamese. Not japanese. We are all Americans. And we have our Armed Forces members, past and present to thank for it. I dont know about any of you, but I pray each day and night for all of em to come home safely. And to a respectful and deserved heros welcome. We all know the dumbass hippies spitting on our boys when they came home from Vietnam (and one of them got knocked the f*ck out by my dad), and we have our share of them today. But as a whole, our soldiers deserve more love and respect than they are getting. I get fired up when I see people on TV saying negative things about our soldiers, when I see Jane Fonda's fata$$ on TV promoting a new movie, or anybody, doesnt matter who, disrespecting our soldiers.

Now, after the rant, I want to issue a challenge to everybody on this great site. Everybody take some time and money to send our troops a care package. And when you go to work, encourage everybody at your workplace to send one. And when you go to school, encourage your classmates and teachers to send one. Get your community involved. Most of us get our hair cut at a barber. We all shop at grocery stores. Most of us eat every once in awhile at restaurants. You get the picture. Most towns and cities have someone to contact who can tell you how to send one (as far as units, etc). I havent seen the updated list on what you can send, but if you know someone who has a relative or friend fighting, they can tell you what they can or cannot send. I usually send bags of beef jerky, phone cards, trail mix, assorted canned foods, etc..my challenge is for everyone to have at least 5 sent (yours plus 4 people you contacted). Might make Christmas a little easier for those guys knowing that people home care....they deserve it. Everybody in?
Already done it. :Thumbs:
Great Idea.....I should have already done it!!!!
Im in TH32 and thats well said man!
Very awesome challenge! An e-mail got sent around at my work today for a site where you can go and type a message to our troops. If you wanna do that too.

www.americasupportsyou.com
Im all for supporting our troops but how about this, lets each open a health care insurance policy for a soldier after they return because the National Guard and Reserve loose their health insurance after 6 months of returning home. Keep in mind, they make up over half of our troops employed. Who remembers these honorable men and women after they return home??? OUr homeless rate of veterans is PATHETIC. So yes, lets support ALL the troops.
i agree
Good advise TH32. I loved getting care packages when I was in and I have reciprocated many times and will continue to do so.
We do this at LCC every year for numerous types of people in need!
Let me restate that, we have done this when I was at Whitesburg High School for the first 5 years and then have continued doing this at LCC from the consolidation.