Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Open Job Lexington Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
This should stir up some interest.
Buchanan makes so much sense. If he wants it.
(03-06-2023, 06:07 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Buchanan makes so much sense. If he wants it.

that is the question, does he want it? I’m sure he could have gotten another coaching job after Mercer if he wanted to and he didn’t. So does that mean he hung the whistle up for good as a head coach or just has been waiting for the right opening?
(03-07-2023, 02:29 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2023, 06:07 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Buchanan makes so much sense. If he wants it.

that is the question, does he want it? I’m sure he could have gotten another coaching job after Mercer if he wanted to and he didn’t. So does that mean he hung the whistle up for good as a head coach or just has been waiting for the right opening?

I don’t think he is done. I follow his write ups and podcast and he makes statements that he still wants to coach. He’s no doubt a worthy candidate.
What happened for him to not be at Mason County then Mercer County?
(03-07-2023, 03:01 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]What happened for him to not be at Mason County then Mercer County?

I personally don’t know.
Left Mason to Coach where his dad Coached I believe and heard a rumor he was pushed out at Mercer..
(03-07-2023, 02:29 PM)fansville Wrote: [ -> ]

Heard he went after it hard last year, think he still lives in Harrodsburg and he is not moving, so the job would have to be close to Harrodsburg from what I was told.
(03-07-2023, 03:01 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]What happened for him to not be at Mason County then Mercer County?

He left Mason County after a long stint to go HOME to Mercer County.  No mystery there.
They better get one fast. Spring football is around the corner and they owe it to the players to be introduce to a new HC instead of waiting till after Spring break and summer not knowing who.
(03-07-2023, 04:04 PM)Cledog30 Wrote: [ -> ]Left Mason to Coach where his dad Coached I believe and heard a rumor he was pushed out at Mercer..

I don't believe for a minute he was pushed out.  I won't speak for him because I'm nobody.  But he has stated on his podcast more than a couple of times that you get a feeling when it's time to move on.  I know several people in Mercer county, not all of them mind you, but I know many.  I never heard the first word about David needing to move on.  It was his decision.
Seriously, who will best fill this position in such short notice and prep these kids for spring ball? I guess what am saying is, LC better hire sooner rather than later.
(03-09-2023, 11:02 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, who will best fill this position in such short notice and prep these kids for spring ball? I guess what am saying is, LC better hire sooner rather than later.
A lot of schools do not do spring ball the main two that come to mind is Trinity and STX. I know of more schools that don't do it, than do. The main issue to me is who is running the weight program.
(03-09-2023, 11:25 AM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-09-2023, 11:02 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Seriously, who will best fill this position in such short notice and prep these kids for spring ball? I guess what am saying is, LC better hire sooner rather than later.
A lot of schools do not do spring ball the main two that come to mind is Trinity and STX. I know of more schools that don't do it, than do. The main issue to me is who is running the weight program.
Probably no one, unless they have a couple asst coaches that are inside staff to run the program.
No need to rush through the hiring process. Spring practice can be time used to focus on the fundamentals. I would expect the search to not be wrapped up until late April or early May. Not just about getting someone in place for next year. Need to find the right coach for the next 5 years.
I would have to think the applications will be flooded for this job. Good job opening if you ask me.
Trinity and St. Xavier both have spring football practice.
(03-10-2023, 09:04 PM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]
Trinity and St. Xavier both have spring football practice.
I was told that they didn't, I.stand corrected. I really meant to add that Ohio don't even have Spring Football practice unless it just started recently, so I really don't think it makes a big difference.
I would like to see Mike Whitaker to get back into coaching………. Hint, hint Lexington Catholic !!!
Wouldn't be surprised to see him apply for the HC position at Beechwood.
(03-13-2023, 05:14 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see Mike Whitaker to get back into coaching………. Hint, hint Lexington Catholic !!!

Just retired from Montgomery County last year would be a good fit not sure if he would be interested been out of coaching for sometime. Whitaker's teams were fun to watch at Leslie County with Tim Coach, and Christian County with Keith Tandy
Respectfully to all candidate, but it's going to find a good/ great HC this late in stage. Not to mentioned more than half of previous staff will not be retained.
No word yet or name being whirled around with this opening??? I’m sure they’ll either announce before spring break, which next week or after the kids return from spring break.
(03-14-2023, 02:31 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Respectfully to all candidate, but it's going to find a good/ great HC this late in stage. Not to mentioned more than half of previous staff will not be retained.

Why will half the staff not be sticking around.
(03-21-2023, 09:30 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-14-2023, 02:31 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Respectfully to all candidate, but it's going to find a good/ great HC this late in stage. Not to mentioned more than half of previous staff will not be retained.

Looks like it's been that way every time they hire some one new. The only one usually retained are the ones that are inside the building teaching at school.
(03-22-2023, 10:25 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-21-2023, 09:30 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]

Looks like it's been that way every time they hire some one new. The only one usually retained are the ones that are inside the building teaching at school.
Who is interviewing for this job?
any updates
Rumor is that Patrick Towle applied for the LC position. Also heard Buchanan applied but not selected for an interview. Down to 2 people,no idea who. Interviews occurred last week and new coach to be announced next week when kids return from Spring Break. Only what I have heard from someone who has a kid in the program.
(04-05-2023, 08:56 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor is that Patrick Towle applied for the LC position. Also heard Buchanan applied but not selected for an interview. Down to 2 people,no idea who. Interviews occurred last week and new coach to be announced next week when kids return from Spring Break. Only what I have heard from someone who has a kid in the program.
Towles would be a good hire. Young and knowledgeable about the offensive side, but zero head coaching experience.. And why would they not give Buchanan an interview is beyond me WOW. So down to last 2 you say? That’s tough to gage with coaches around here. I wonder if they went out of state again?
(04-07-2023, 10:59 AM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-05-2023, 08:56 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Rumor is that Patrick Towle applied for the LC position. Also heard Buchanan applied but not selected for an interview. Down to 2 people,no idea who. Interviews occurred last week and new coach to be announced next week when kids return from Spring Break. Only what I have heard from someone who has a kid in the program.
Towles would be a good hire. Young and knowledgeable about the offensive side, but zero head coaching experience.. And why would they not give Buchanan an interview is beyond me WOW. So down to last 2 you say? That’s tough to gage with coaches around here. I wonder if they went out of state again?

What has Buchanon done recently to warrant an interview? Going young and out of state worked well for LC.
Pages: 1 2