Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: New England 56 Buffalo 10
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from Orchard Park. Another case of running up the score if thats what you want to call it for New England as they went for it on 4th down twice when the game was way out of reach. Brady went 31-39 for 373 yards and 5 TDs and 4 of them went to Randy Moss. Pats move to 10-0 on the season now. So what does everyone think of this one?
If Brady doesn't win MVP Moss will. Moss has 16 TD's, that's insane!
I don't know: they're professional athletes, you don't need to baby them, but why go for it on fourth down late in the game- TWICE. Brady throws 5 TDs, anybody who has him in a fantasy league won. He's personally winning the games for the team in one of my leagues.
BFritz Wrote:I don't know: they're professional athletes, you don't need to baby them, but why go for it on fourth down late in the game- TWICE. Brady throws 5 TDs, anybody who has him in a fantasy league won. He's personally winning the games for the team in one of my leagues.
Yeah, I know someone that has him AND Moss on their team. Talk about Domination.
You got that right. My Dad has Romo and Owens so hes dominating as well with those 2.

Beef Wrote:Yeah, I know someone that has him AND Moss on their team. Talk about Domination.
I was watching this game last night, and Al Michaels said probably the smartest thing I have ever heard. He was talking about fans thinking that the Patriots were running up the score. He said that if you're mad that a team is running up the score, then maybe your team should try to stop them. Make a tackle, an INT, force a fumble, etc. It shouldn't be left up to the Patriots to slow down, it should be left up to the defense to slow them down. I thought this was a genius explanation.
What will it take to beat these guys? They've destroyed the whole Colts team mentally.
Beef Wrote:Yeah, I know someone that has him AND Moss on their team. Talk about Domination.
yeah, the guy i just got pounded by had Moss, Owens AND Brady on his team. Im down 85 points right now, lol..and he still has Denvers defense left to play..
BCF4L Wrote:I was watching this game last night, and Al Michaels said probably the smartest thing I have ever heard. He was talking about fans thinking that the Patriots were running up the score. He said that if you're mad that a team is running up the score, then maybe your team should try to stop them. Make a tackle, an INT, force a fumble, etc. It shouldn't be left up to the Patriots to slow down, it should be left up to the defense to slow them down. I thought this was a genius explanation.

I think that is a great explanation. Its not the Patriots fault that the other teams can't stop them.
That is a great explanation without a doubt. I have talked with several people about the same situation and they actually all say the same thing that Michaels did. NO one can stop New England with al All-pro QB and WR together with other playmakers like Welker, Stallworth, Maroney and an all star defense, IMO they will go 16-0.

BCF4L Wrote:I was watching this game last night, and Al Michaels said probably the smartest thing I have ever heard. He was talking about fans thinking that the Patriots were running up the score. He said that if you're mad that a team is running up the score, then maybe your team should try to stop them. Make a tackle, an INT, force a fumble, etc. It shouldn't be left up to the Patriots to slow down, it should be left up to the defense to slow them down. I thought this was a genius explanation.

I don't know, because you've already shown that they can't beat you, so what good's it do to make them look stupid. I've said all along that it's not high school, you don't play to make the other team feel good, but the Pats are AMERICA's team, what message does it send to kids if we say "it's good to score 100 points on the other team and make the look stupid"?
BFritz Wrote:I don't know, because you've already shown that they can't beat you, so what good's it do to make them look stupid. I've said all along that it's not high school, you don't play to make the other team feel good, but the Pats are AMERICA's team, what message does it send to kids if we say "it's good to score 100 points on the other team and make the look stupid"?

See, I disagree. If the other team can't stop them, what are they supposed to do, take three knees and punt every possession? That would make a mockery of the game.

I really don't think the New England mindset is "Hey, let's see if we can embarass those guys and beat them by 60 points." I think the mindset is they want to score a touchdown every time they get the ball, which is exactly what it should be. I only wish the Bengals had that same kind of mindset... Sad
More Cowbell Wrote:See, I disagree. If the other team can't stop them, what are they supposed to do, take three knees and punt every possession? That would make a mockery of the game.

I really don't think the New England mindset is "Hey, let's see if we can embarass those guys and beat them by 60 points." I think the mindset is they want to score a touchdown every time they get the ball, which is exactly what it should be. I only wish the Bengals had that same kind of mindset... Sad

I totally agree with you.