Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Letcher Central 60 Owsley County 56
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final score.
Coach Baker continues to prove he’s one of the the best in the 14th. Probably the best
Tailback, is it really that big of an upset? Really? Letcher is always good. I’m not a bit surprised.
Thought the Owsley game plan was horrible. Must not have watched the LCC/KCC game. Gave the Couch girl way too much room. KCC sandwiched her the whole night.
Glad to see Letcher flexing their muscles like they normally do this time of the year. People were counting them out.
Hate this for the lady owls but this is what tournament time is all about. Win or go home.
This was a good win for Letcher. Owsley county was not prepared for this game. There effort was questionable at times. Letcher was able to score in the paint too easily. Main reason is because Owsley was overplaying the top half. I predict Letcher over Hazard by 10.
Are they going to replace Travis? Been hearing rumors.
(02-28-2023, 12:33 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Are they going to replace Travis?  Been hearing rumors.
Are you serious lol
Owsley has less than 150 girls in their whole high school and have been to the All A state final 8 and the regional finals in the last few years. You people are amazing how far from reality you can get. Coach Smith has played at a very high level with a very small school for the past few years. If you can’t see that you’re blind. I suggest you go coach at a school the size of Owsley and see just how easy it is to build a contender.
(02-28-2023, 12:40 PM)Reds#1Fan Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-28-2023, 12:33 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Are they going to replace Travis?  Been hearing rumors.
Are you serious lol
Owsley has less than 150 girls in their whole high school and have been to the All A state final 8 and the regional finals in the last few years. You people are amazing how far from reality you can get. Coach Smith has played at a very high level with a very small school for the past few years. If you can’t see that you’re blind. I suggest you go coach at a school the size of Owsley and see just how easy it is to build a contender.
I agree, I can assure you Coach Smith has the job as long as he wants it period. He has literally built a contender from nothing and   folks from larger school districts and counties have no idea the work that has to be put in just to reach a point to be a contender.  Put him at the helm at a larger school like LCC and he would dominate the 14th. In fact if I were some of these other districts who have 800+ kids 9-12 I’d be embarrassed if a school like Owsley even competed.
As for the game give LCC props they played a good game and executed their game plan but fact is Owsley showed their youth at times and it was simply an off night for them, with that said they were still right in it late despite playing terrible.  Very disappointing for the season to be cut short but they return everyone so look for them to be right back in mix next year

(02-28-2023, 01:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Tailback, is it really that big of an upset?  Really?  Letcher is always good.  I’m not a bit surprised.
I don’t think upset is right word to use considering they are closely matched but Owsley was definitely favored to win game
Sometimes the favorites don’t come out on top.
(02-28-2023, 01:45 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Tailback, is it really that big of an upset?  Really?  Letcher is always good.  I’m not a bit surprised.

Never said it was an upset. Just said Baker is the best coach in the region. Am I shocked LCC won? No but let’s be real Owsley was the favorite and one of the fav to win the whole thing. It’s a good win. OC had more talent this year but LCC found a way to win,.
(02-28-2023, 01:31 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Sometimes the favorites don’t come out on top.
Stop trying to troll the thread guy it’s ridiculous
Ridiculous? I don’t get you.
(02-28-2023, 01:56 PM)Diablo Wrote: [ -> ]Ridiculous?  I don’t get you.
Yea my thoughts exactly
Sorry Boog there’s always next year I guess
This was a total rebuilding year for letcher and I’m surprised they won.
I think most people wrote off LCC because of their record.   If you look they played and extremely difficult schedule with a team that was fairly new.   Coach Smith is an outstanding coach but sometimes teams get a little sideways in the first game of the tourney...  it happens.  I didnt think his gameplan was off too bad.   LCC has multiple players that have played in multiple regional finals games. That is very valuable at this time of the year.
I wouldn’t call LCC a total rebuild they have multiple starters that have started in regional finals.
And two state tournaments