Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Barbourville vs Clay County 03/02/23 ( 1st Round )
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Barbourville 18-10
Clay County 15-15

First meeting 12/12/22
Barbourville 74
Clay County 65 ( home )

2nd meeting 02/07/23
Barbourville 70 ( home )
Clay County 58
Hmm, hmmm, hmmm!!!!
Now this one will be a barn burner………I think
Barbourville 56
Clay County 52
I have stayed off the board and tried my best to support my team but the latest rumor is Coach Grey left the team after the North game and just left these boys a note saying stay together. I can’t support any coach not being there for the kids.
(02-25-2023, 11:22 PM)13thWaldo Wrote: [ -> ]I have stayed off the board and tried my best to support my team but the latest rumor is Coach Grey left the team after the North game and just left these boys a note saying stay together. I can’t support any coach not being there for the kids.
Is this true?
(02-25-2023, 11:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2023, 11:22 PM)13thWaldo Wrote: [ -> ]I have stayed off the board and tried my best to support my team but the latest rumor is Coach Grey left the team after the North game and just left these boys a note saying stay together. I can’t support any coach not being there for the kids.
Is this true?
Heard he had a golf game at big Hickory at 3 o’clock the next day!!
(02-26-2023, 12:08 AM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-25-2023, 11:45 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
Is this true?
Heard he had a golf game at big Hickory at 3 o’clock the next day!!
I think it was moved to 1, that’s why he had to leave.
More Glenn Gray bashing by unfaithful Tiger "fans."
Maybe he’s going to leave and be an ASSt. boys coach at NL(like the Clay girls coach did) and was looking for his new office at NL? Maybe he just wanted attention and this was his only way to get it? It’s been said that he requires a lot of attention. Someone needs to give out the details before the Enterprise cover(up) story. ???
At some point, everyone involved simply has to say “it’s time for change”. Neither side should want to do this any longer, the coach included.

As far as this game is concerned, both regular season matchups felt to be closer than the final score indicates. Both were like 2-4 point games until things broke loose in the final minutes. Barbourville is probably the better team overall but I could also see Clay stealing one as well.
(02-26-2023, 01:54 AM)UKCC Wrote: [ -> ]At some point, everyone involved simply has to say “it’s time for change”. Neither side should want to do this any longer, the coach included.

As far as this game is concerned, both regular season matchups felt to be closer than the final score indicates. Both were like 2-4 point games until things broke loose in the final minutes. Barbourville is probably the better team overall but I could also see Clay stealing one as well.

A blind man can see that if Clay would post up their bigs this game would be over in the first half. With that said it will come down to the final minute.
I've not seen a Clay game but I've heard a common theme; if their bigs weren't so interested in tossing up treys, and they'd post up, play in the paint, defend and rebounding they'd be a much better team. Is this true?
(02-26-2023, 08:55 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2023, 01:54 AM)UKCC Wrote: [ -> ]At some point, everyone involved simply has to say “it’s time for change”. Neither side should want to do this any longer, the coach included.

A blind man can see that if Clay would post up their bigs this game would be over in the first half. With that said it will come down to the final minute.

That same blind man could also see that Coach Gray is apparently a very sexy, sexy man . Otherwise, how does one explain the perpetual barrage of criticism he gets from grown @ss men on an internet message board? It must be that the long-time Clay coach is a very amorous hunkamaniac who has banged a lot of the female partners of the guys on this board. I can't think of any other reason why the criticism would be so brutally personal as it is for some on here.

Just because Glenn's schlongmeister is advancing to your wife's nether region more consistently than yours is no reason to make up false anecdotes about the man. The guy's beaten most of the region's top coaches multiple times. When Glenn gets some good players gain ,  he will beat a lot of teams, just like he beat South Laurel, Corbin, Lex. Catholic, Scott County, North Laurel, Knoxville Catholic, and more.
(02-26-2023, 02:28 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

That same blind man could also see that Coach Gray is apparently a very sexy, sexy man . Otherwise, how does one explain the perpetual barrage of criticism he gets from grown @ss men on an internet message board? It must be that the long-time Clay coach is a very amorous hunkamaniac who has banged a lot of the female partners of the guys on this board. I can't think of any other reason why the criticism would be so brutally personal as it is for some on here.

Just because Glenn's schlongmeister is advancing to your wife's nether region more consistently than yours is no reason to make up false anecdotes about the man. The guy's beaten most of the region's top coaches multiple times. When Glenn gets some good players gain ,  he will beat a lot of teams, just like he beat South Laurel, Corbin, Lex. Catholic, Scott County, North Laurel, Knoxville Catholic, and more.
Old School Hound bashing a whole lot about how you feel about Coach Greer at Corbin!  Hell and Coach Greer deleted me from his Facebook page. And I still say hello to him. Lol!!
(02-26-2023, 03:26 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]

Old School Hound bashing a whole lot about how you feel about Coach Greer at Corbin!  Hell and Coach Greer deleted me from his Facebook page. And I still say hello to him. Lol!!

You make a salient point. lol    Maybe I need to say hi to Tommy.  My biggest criticism is not so much with a single coach like Greer but the culture of good 'ol boyism that has existed around here forever. It's the reason we don't have three straight state titles and working on a fourth in '23. I'm more interested in knowing why he deleted you on FB than I am state titles right now. I doubt he would even accept my friend invite.
(02-26-2023, 03:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]

You make a salient point. lol    Maybe I need to say hi to Tommy.  My biggest criticism is not so much with a single coach like Greer but the culture of good 'ol boyism that has existed around here forever. It's the reason we don't have three straight state titles and working on a fourth in '23. I'm more interested in knowing why he deleted you on FB than I am state titles right now.  I doubt he would even accept my friend invite.
I really don’t know unless it got something to do about cattleman!!
(02-26-2023, 04:45 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2023, 03:39 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-26-2023, 08:55 AM)FallRock Wrote: [ -> ]A blind man can see that if Clay would post up their bigs this game would be over in the first half. With that said it will come down to the final minute.

You make a salient point. lol    Maybe I need to say hi to Tommy.  My biggest criticism is not so much with a single coach like Greer but the culture of good 'ol boyism that has existed around here forever. It's the reason we don't have three straight state titles and working on a fourth in '23. I'm more interested in knowing why he deleted you on FB than I am state titles right now.  I doubt he would even accept my friend invite.
I really don’t know unless it got something to do about cattleman!!
Some of these old Corbin coaches and adminstrators are oddly sensitive.  Weird, because dudes like the G-man and Super Dave were pretty mellow and laid back when they were doobie-smoking young misfits hanging out on 8th, 9th, and South Poplar Streets back in the carefree seventies of anti-progressive Corbin.  Good ol' Corbin boys, fer sure.