Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Middlesboro 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What is in store for the Yellow Jackets in 2023? Returning a talented class with eyes set on making a run. What does it look like next year for the Jackets? I have lived in Middlesboro my entire life and want nothing more than to see them back on top! 

I know Coach French is still there, but are they making any additions to the staff? Any kids transferring in?
Heard the qb maybe transferring out
I will be shocked if Middlesboro ever contends for a Class A title.
(02-21-2023, 01:11 AM)BellCOUNTYfaithfull Wrote: [ -> ]Heard the qb maybe transferring out
I Heard the same thing.
QB not going anywhere so bell co can quit hoping for it
The Boro will be ok. They come up with something good every year.
I'm afraid this is going to be a culture shock year for Middlesboro. Their return to Class A could see them finishing third in the old district they use to dominate. I fully expect Williamsburg and Pineville to beat them in district play. They will cruise past Lynn Camp and I don't know what to make of Harlan at this point, but Middlesboro is in for a tough return to class A ball.
I don't think they are going to be very good next season unless they get some new players.
(02-28-2023, 12:04 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid this is going to be a culture shock year for Middlesboro. Their return to Class A could see them finishing third in the old district they use to dominate. I fully expect Williamsburg and Pineville to beat them in district play. They will cruise past Lynn Camp and I don't know what to make of Harlan at this point, but Middlesboro is in for a tough return to class A ball.

You thing they gonna lose to Pineville? Really?
The Jackets have some pieces, and French will once again create a whole that surpasses the sum of it parts.
And the whole will get crushed in the playoffs...
(03-01-2023, 09:21 PM)Gitback Coach Wrote: [ -> ]The Jackets have some pieces, and French will once again create a whole that surpasses the sum of it parts.
(03-02-2023, 12:55 AM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]And the whole will get crushed in the playoffs...

The Jackets return on Offense:
Grisgsby QB
Smith RB
WR’s Wilson Yoakum Foster Bayless Shehan  
Oline Bowling King Hatfield Coffey

8 of 11 on Defense 

They lost to WBurg by one point with four turnovers early. Hazard by two TDs if you watch the game. Valley by one TD. Breathitt by 20 with no QB dressed. I think they’ll be just fine in their new district.  Season will be here before you know it. 

Any talk on any new coaches coming in? I know that they have been trying to fill some positions every year or so.
jackets wll be fine had a transfer from bell co that will help fill a big whole and heard a cpl more may follow
(02-28-2023, 12:04 PM)fridaynightfights Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid this is going to be a culture shock year for Middlesboro. Their return to Class A could see them finishing third in the old district they use to dominate. I fully expect Williamsburg and Pineville to beat them in district play. They will cruise past Lynn Camp and I don't know what to make of Harlan at this point, but Middlesboro is in for a tough return to class A ball.

Pineville lost a lot. I'd pick Middlesboro just ahead of WIlliamsburg.
Middlesboro will win the district this year. They return some key starters. However, They will have some rebuilding after this year. I think this will be French's last year there. I do know he has turned down some really good jobs the last three years. Something must be keeping him there.
Sitting in the stands as a somewhat fan of the boro sometimes, or cheering against them sometimes, you can see the little effect as an in game coach french has at this school. Stands 20-30 yards from the plays, doesn’t call either side, and only speaks when yelling at a kid. HOWEVER, I would give him the credit for recent success for the program building they have done since he arrived. They are currently under construction at bradner stadium, players are in the weight room 5 days a week if not more including playing baseball, there’s community involvement again, efficient and well ran offseason workouts, etc. He came in and built the program but when it comes down to the on field playcalling/scheme i give it to the assistants. So one of them may become the next head coach following this season, but honestly i don’t know if any of the guys on the sideline can run a PROGRAM like french has.

They have built a comfortable advantage over pineville in my opinion. Thompson for pineville may be a very great athlete but the mountain lions lost the rest of their production and role players outside of robbins. Plus their wins last season came from possibly the easiest first 6-7 games i’ve ever seen. I think middlesboro is on the edge of winning district but most likely places second and gets punched out game one of the playoffs by a district 8 team.
Aug 19 vs Harlan County
Aug 25 @ Garrard County
Sep 1 @ Gate City (VA)
Sep 8 vs Shelby Valley
Sep 15 open
Sep 22  vs Lynn Camp (D)
Sep 29 @ Harlan (D)
Oct 6 @ Pineville (D)
Oct 13 vs Williamsburg (D)
Oct 22 open
Oct 27 vs Knox Central
(05-13-2023, 11:07 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: [ -> ]jackets wll be fine had a transfer from bell co that will help fill a big whole  and heard a cpl more may follow
What position/who was the player?
(05-13-2023, 11:07 PM)mr yellow jacket Wrote: [ -> ]jackets wll be fine had a transfer from bell co that will help fill a big whole and heard a cpl more may follow

Who did Middlesboro pick up? Still waiting.
Id say nobody from pic I only seen about 25 kids
Well for my 1st post I will say am a Middlesboro alum, graduate of 1996 and have seen some great yrs and not so great yrs.

With that said I honestly have no idea what this team is gonna be this season.  Some key players are back but once again the numbers are kinda low.  I don't believe Middlesboro will contend for the state title but a district title is possible.  

Will say this Bradner Stadium has had some major upgrades long overdue.  The turf is awesome, new lights, goalposts etc etc.  What the product on the field will be will just have to see.  Different looking schedule this yr, only 9 games as of now.  Will find out soon enough.
Still waiting to hear who Middlesboro picked up?