Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Shelby Valley Blue/White Night
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Things kick off tonight at 6:00 p.m.

Starts with Virgie and Dorton Scrimmaging
~7:00 Shelby Valley Girls will scrimmage Blue/White
~8:00 Shelby Valley Boys scrimmage Blue/White
The justice brothers seemed to be the best players and the 2 bryants
How did Ashley look?
BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:How did Ashley look?

Not amazing like everyone is expecting him to look. He is coming off a back injury and hasn't been practicing that long this season. He will get better as the year goes along, you can improve your game, but you can't teach size like he has.
Overall it was a pretty sloppy scrimmage. Looks like Valley will be able to go about 8 or 9 deep. I think alot of people will be surprised at how much Elisha Justice has developed physically. Tyler Newsome and Cody Varney both appear to have matured quite a bit also. Logan Bryant also had a couple of pretty nice moves.
I know this a boys thread but how did the girls look?
The King Wrote:Overall it was a pretty sloppy scrimmage. Looks like Valley will be able to go about 8 or 9 deep. I think alot of people will be surprised at how much Elisha Justice has developed physically. Tyler Newsome and Cody Varney both appear to have matured quite a bit also. Logan Bryant also had a couple of pretty nice moves.

Tyler Newsome didn't even play. This is where people get confused and start thinking Greg's son is some second coming of him. TAYLOR Newsome is the one people refer to, but all the time, people say Tyler, and then Greg gets thrown into the situation and then people think Tyler is really good.

Taylor Newsome has improved a lot, but Elisha looked awesome against his own 15th region championship team, stealing passes left and right, the first 5 minutes of the game looked like Jonah and Elisha vs. the blue team.

Was a sloppy game, mostly just the team seeing if people could dunk it, Elisha about dunked one, he did put one in during warm ups. He is becoming a little physical specimen, but i guess he gets that from his brother.
The Private Wrote:I know this a boys thread but how did the girls look?

Girls looked really aggresive(may not be such a good thing), good rebounding actually, Chablis was getting some good rebounds in the paint, but Sally abolsutely dominated the game, she looked great.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Tyler Newsome didn't even play. This is where people get confused and start thinking Greg's son is some second coming of him. TAYLOR Newsome is the one people refer to, but all the time, people say Tyler, and then Greg gets thrown into the situation and then people think Tyler is really good.

Show me where I said that he played... I just said that he has matured physically.
The King Wrote:Show me where I said that he played... I just said that he has matured physically.

My bad, I didn't know you could look at a kid who sits on the end of the bench and determine if he's matured physically, he may look bigger, that doesn't mean he plays bigger, heck, Dillon weighs like 300lbs, but he plays like he weighs 200.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Not amazing like everyone is expecting him to look. He is coming off a back injury and hasn't been practicing that long this season. He will get better as the year goes along, you can improve your game, but you can't teach size like he has.

Will Ashley be healthy enough to play at the start of the season, or will they hold him out of a few games? I suppose that as long as he got back in the swing of things by at least midseason, he should be good to go by the time district tourney rolls around...
More Cowbell Wrote:Will Ashley be healthy enough to play at the start of the season, or will they hold him out of a few games? I suppose that as long as he got back in the swing of things by at least midseason, he should be good to go by the time district tourney rolls around...

Oh he can still play, just he doesn't want to throw himself around out there and risk re injuring himself.
ComeFlyWithMe Wrote:Tyler Newsome didn't even play. This is where people get confused and start thinking Greg's son is some second coming of him. TAYLOR Newsome is the one people refer to, but all the time, people say Tyler, and then Greg gets thrown into the situation and then people think Tyler is really good.

Taylor Newsome has improved a lot, but Elisha looked awesome against his own 15th region championship team, stealing passes left and right, the first 5 minutes of the game looked like Jonah and Elisha vs. the blue team.

Was a sloppy game, mostly just the team seeing if people could dunk it, Elisha about dunked one, he did put one in during warm ups. He is becoming a little physical specimen, but i guess he gets that from his brother.

agreed - tyler newsome shouldnt be playing over the people his Dad (one of the coaches) allows him to but he has been doing this for years by putting him in with better players and setting up plays to make him look good. Valley Will Lose because of This