Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Looking ahead: Class 6A 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Class 6A
West
1- Christian County, Daviess County, Henderson County, McCracken County
2- Barren County, Central Hardin, North Hardin, Warren Central
3- DuPont Manual, Meade County, Pleasure Ridge Park, St. Xavier
4- Bullitt East, Fern Creek, Male, Southern

East
5- Ballard, Eastern, Oldham County, Trinity (Louisville)
6- Campbell County, Great Crossing, Ryle, Simon Kenton
7- Henry Clay, Lafayette, Paul Laurence Dunbar, Tates Creek
8- Bryan Station, Frederick Douglass, George Rogers Clark, Madison Central

I'm still dreaming of another Bullitt East kinda year after that awesome game last year and title run... I'm proud of my championship shirt I got from a good friend. 

Who will be the top cat in the tuffest class being 6A?
For 2023, Districts 4 and 6 will be cross-bracketed for playoffs
For 2023, Districts 3 and 5 will be cross-bracketed for playoffs
For 2024, Districts 3 and 6 will be cross-bracketed for playoffs
For 2024, Districts 4 and 5 will be cross-bracketed for playoffs
(02-17-2023, 07:38 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Class 6A
West

East

I'm still dreaming of another Bullitt East kinda year after that awesome game last year and title run... I'm proud of my championship shirt I got from a good friend. 

Trinity, STX, Male, FD, Watch out for Bryan Station in the next few years, there MS feeders has some dudes, they are not all flocking to FD anymore.
Trinity, St. X, Male, FD, Bryan Station and um.......Bullitt East !
I'm sure everyone in 6A breathed a huge sigh of relief when "beatable" Male defeated St. X in overtime 2nd Round. Bullitt East was able to capitalize on the biggest stage and came away champs. Congrats to the Chargers again for a stellar season. Can they compete with the traditional powers year in and year out? We shall see...

Will likely take a step back but have talent returning: Ballard, Manual

All the pieces are there, can they take the Gold trophy home: Station, Trinity, St. X, Male,

New kid on the block, will get their chance to prove they belong: FD (new to 6A) and Bullitt East (can they sustain success after losing a ton of production?)

Interested in who in the state Not Louisville or Lexington area has to potential to be 2023's 6A version of Bullitt East or Henderson County with a crew of dudes that can play and ready as seniors to put it all together... Does Simon Kenton compete or Ryle out of NKY? I don't know if Great Crossing is ready for the challenge.

(02-18-2023, 01:17 PM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]For 2023, Districts 4 and 6 will be cross-bracketed for playoffs

The district pairings is MAJOR for certain teams to get out 2nd round. 

Somebody out of NKY will have to travel to Male in Round 1

Could potentially be a Ballard @ St X and Manual @ Trinity 2nd round those would have been great games in 2022.
(02-20-2023, 02:07 PM)Runnin' Clock Wrote: [ -> ]I'm sure everyone in 6A breathed a huge sigh of relief when "beatable" Male defeated St. X in overtime 2nd Round. Bullitt East was able to capitalize on the biggest stage and came away champs. Congrats to the Chargers again for a stellar season. Can they compete with the traditional powers year in and year out? We shall see...

Will likely take a step back but have talent returning: Ballard, Manual

All the pieces are there, can they take the Gold trophy home: Station, Trinity, St. X, Male,

New kid on the block, will get their chance to prove they belong: FD (new to 6A) and Bullitt East (can they sustain success after losing a ton of production?)

Interested in who in the state Not Louisville or Lexington area has to potential to be 2023's 6A version of Bullitt East or Henderson County with a crew of dudes that can play and ready as seniors to put it all together... Does Simon Kenton compete or Ryle out of NKY? I don't know if Great Crossing is ready for the challenge.

(02-18-2023, 01:17 PM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]For 2023, Districts 4 and 6 will be cross-bracketed for playoffs

The district pairings is MAJOR for certain teams to get out 2nd round. 

Somebody out of NKY will have to travel to Male in Round 1

Could potentially be a Ballard @ St X and Manual @ Trinity 2nd round those would have been great games in 2022.
Soo is cross-districting for all classes? I was under the impression, that teams played their sister districts in the first 2 rounds like last year, example 1 vs 2, 3 vs 4?
I learned something new today about sister districts. I don't think it's fair for some to get cupcakes all the way to round 3. The system should be a rotation of sister districts but what about GeOgRaPhY?!?! LOL
(02-18-2023, 01:32 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

Trinity, STX, Male, FD, Watch out for Bryan Station in the next few years, there MS feeders has some dudes, they are not all flocking to FD anymore.
Concerning Station/Douglass, where are you seeing MS feeders boosting Station? The 2022 8th grade champs, Leestown Chargers only have one of their star trio of players going to the Defenders. One is going to Trinity, the other going to FD. Crawford and Hayes Middle stars are all going to FD.
Rocks should be the favorite, St. X and Male will be a close second. Don't look for another Cinderella year. Bullitt East was a one hit wonder, but for Mt. Washington that is all that matters. We will find out if Frederick Douglass has what it takes as they scrimmage St. X and play Trinity within the first three weeks of the season.
(02-22-2023, 12:46 AM)2022StateChamp Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

Concerning Station/Douglass, where are you seeing MS feeders boosting Station? The 2022 8th grade champs, Leestown Chargers only have one of their star trio of players going to the Defenders. One is going to Trinity, the other going to FD. Crawford and Hayes Middle stars are all going to FD.
I just no that Leestown feds into BS/Dunbar so if some are going to Douglas they must be in CGW academy program or one of those aero-space programs Wink  I stand corrected. Yes I no about the kid that they say is going to Trinity, I still haven't figured out how that is going to work, and not all of EJ players are going to Douglas I heard/I know a few are going to Woodford, but that's another story how Woodford is getting all of this talent.
West

East

So I get Crawford and Hayes kids going to “bio med and carter g. academy” they have lol, but what bout outsiders? Are there any vacant apartments adjacent to the school or house for rent like one star player allegedly used?
(02-22-2023, 06:42 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

So I get Crawford and Hayes kids going to “bio med and carter g. academy” they have lol, but what bout outsiders? Are there any vacant apartments adjacent to the school or house for rent like one star player allegedly used?
I doubt there will be many outsiders but never no, there QB from Berea was only a Junior.
West

East

Didnt know 3 kids made a team in Football.
(02-22-2023, 02:22 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

I just no that Leestown feds into BS/Dunbar so if some are going to Douglas they must be in CGW academy program or one of those aero-space programs Wink  I stand corrected. Yes I no about the kid that they say is going to Trinity, I still haven't figured out how that is going to work, and not all of EJ players are going to Douglas I heard/I know a few are going to Woodford, but that's another story how Woodford is getting all of this talent.
Amazing how Trinity is allowed kids from all over god country and no one bats a eye yet they couldn't win over male and Ballard and station
(02-26-2023, 02:27 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

Amazing how Trinity is allowed kids from all over god country and no one bats a eye yet they couldn't win over male and Ballard and station

And non of those teams could beat Bullitt East, your point?
(02-26-2023, 02:27 PM)Advicegiver74 Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

KHSAA has said repeatedly that individual schools/districts decide who is admitted into their school. Does Trinity or X take kids from Southern, IN or surrounding counties? Yes.
Do kids from IN also attend JCPS? Or kids from Ohio attend NKY schools? Or WV kids attend Belfry? Bullitt County is now allowing open enrollment if families want to pay tuition and live in Jefferson. Up to each school district to decide who they admit.
West

East

West

East

(02-28-2023, 02:37 PM)coach4life Wrote: [ -> ]
West

East

West

East

I just no that Leestown feds into BS/Dunbar so if some are going to Douglas they must be in CGW academy program or one of those aero-space programs Wink  I stand corrected. Yes I no about the kid that they say is going to Trinity, I still haven't figured out how that is going to work, and not all of EJ players are going to Douglas I heard/I know a few are going to Woodford, but that's another story how Woodford is getting all of this 
Interesting fact my middle school coach is the current head coach and my high school line coach coaches there station is going to get gold soon and I plan on being there when it happens
T, X and Male will surely be the favorites again this year. Seems to be the trend. I think Manual will be very good this year as well. I am not sure about B East and Ballard. I do believe that Douglass and Station both will play a factor in this also. I know Douglass lost a lot of very good players and will have more step right in. Station is returning nearly everyone from last year and should be able to fill the few spots they lost.

I think it is good for 6A to have some amount of Parody. In the end, we all know there are the “have and have nots” in every class. But, I still believe that as these larger schools continue to grow in Lexington, you will see a resurgence that will make things at least more interesting. Tate’s Creek is close to reaching a highly competitive level soon as well. This season should be interesting.
(03-01-2023, 12:13 PM)coach4life Wrote: [ -> ]T, X and Male will surely be the favorites again this year. Seems to be the trend.  I think Manual will be very good this year as well. I am not sure about B East and Ballard. I do believe that Douglass and Station both will play a factor in this also. I know Douglass lost a lot of very good players and will have more step right in. Station is returning nearly everyone from last year and should be able to fill the few spots they lost.

I think it is good for 6A to have some amount of Parody. In the end, we all know there are the “have and have nots” in every class. But, I still believe that as these larger schools continue to grow in Lexington, you will see a resurgence that will make things at least more interesting. Tate’s Creek is close to reaching a highly competitive level soon as well. This season should be interesting.
A trend lol- T, X, Male has been dominate since the 60's and it will continue there is a reason only 2 schools other than those 3 have won a title in the last 25-30 years. Douglas did lose a lot, plus about 4 super seniors. Station is good just not that great to me. Tates Creek is close to reaching competitive level? I like there coaching staff and hope they are but 5-7 last year, JV wasn't too good and they didn't field a Freshman team last year.
(03-01-2023, 02:15 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 12:13 PM)coach4life Wrote: [ -> ]T, X and Male will surely be the favorites again this year. Seems to be the trend.  I think Manual will be very good this year as well. I am not sure about B East and Ballard. I do believe that Douglass and Station both will play a factor in this also. I know Douglass lost a lot of very good players and will have more step right in. Station is returning nearly everyone from last year and should be able to fill the few spots they lost.

A trend lol- T, X, Male has been dominate since the 60's and it will continue there is a reason only 2 schools other than those 3 have won a title in the last 25-30 years. Douglas did lose a lot, plus about 4 super seniors. Station is good just not that great to me. Tates Creek is close to reaching competitive level? I like there coaching staff and hope they are but 5-7 last year, JV wasn't too good and they didn't field a Freshman team last year.
Not sure Trinity will recover in one season. They will know a lot after week 1 and 2. It will be interesting to read this in December.
The Jay Cobb Experiment is on its last leg. If the Rocks don't capture gold, look for a new chief on Shelbyville Rd. Trinity has suffered tremendously from the Beatty departure and the emergence of Kevin Wallace and his staff not allowing Trinity to handpick players.
(03-01-2023, 03:06 PM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]The Jay Cobb Experiment is on its last leg. If the Rocks don't capture gold, look for a new chief on Shelbyville Rd. Trinity has suffered tremendously from the Beatty departure and the emergence of Kevin Wallace and his staff not allowing Trinity to handpick players.
Agree, I thought last year was it for him, but you best believe since they kept him there was some major changes, they aren't going to stay down for long and I heard they have reloaded.
(03-01-2023, 03:21 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 03:06 PM)Real Badman Wrote: [ -> ]The Jay Cobb Experiment is on its last leg. If the Rocks don't capture gold, look for a new chief on Shelbyville Rd. Trinity has suffered tremendously from the Beatty departure and the emergence of Kevin Wallace and his staff not allowing Trinity to handpick players.
Agree, I thought last year was it for him, but you best believe since they kept him there was some major changes, they aren't going to stay down for long and I heard they have reloaded.

They got a few kids from WEB.D, but the best ones went to Manual. X got all the CSAA talent this cycle.
Bump
Go Chargers !
Simon Kenton returns a massive Oline and a stable of running backs. They should have a solid year.
(06-24-2023, 01:35 PM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Simon Kenton returns a massive Oline and a stable of running backs. They should have a solid year.

Is Simon Kenton still in 5A or they get bumped up to 6A?
(06-24-2023, 01:52 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-24-2023, 01:35 PM)UK1fan Wrote: [ -> ]Simon Kenton returns a massive Oline and a stable of running backs. They should have a solid year.

They’ve been 6A.
(06-24-2023, 01:52 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]

6A for a long time lol.
Pages: 1 2