Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 14th region district/region predictions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Who do you have going into the region as winners/losers?
(02-16-2023, 08:05 PM)Badger Wrote: [ -> ]Who do you have going into the region as winners/losers?
Estill- winner 
powell- loser 

breathitt- winner
wolfe- loser 

letcher- winner 
Knott- loser 

Perry- winner
hazard- loser
Regardless of the outcome of the 54th, a district champ will have to play Hazard or Perry first round.
(02-16-2023, 11:08 PM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]Regardless of the outcome of the 54th, a district champ will have to play Hazard or Perry first round.
And that’s how it always is and always will be. Will have to play at least one of them at some point anyway.
53rd Letcher Central winner; Knott Central RU
54th Hazard winner; Perry Central RU
55th Breathitt County winner; Wolfe County RU
56th Estill County winner; Powell County RU

I would pick Lee County to win the 56th if they were healthy but they have some key players that have had reoccurring injuries all season. The Bobcats have been very unlucky in that aspect. But if they are healed and ready to go by Tuesday I really like their guards Watterson and Combs to to lead them to a district title.
I'm looking for upset Jackson City over Wolfe co.
Powell- winner
Lee- loser

Breathitt- winner
JCS- loser

Letcher-winner
Knott- loser

Hazard-winner
Pcc- loser
Breathitt gets their free bid to the Region. Breathitt needs to switch districts with Buckhorn or Leslie. Cats need some competition.
HAZARD WINS THE 14TH REGION
VERY DISCIPLINED TEAM
VERY WELL COACH
HIT FREE THROWS
DONT TURN THE PLAY OVER
PLAY VERY WELL TOGETHER

BEAT PERRY CENTRAL IN 14TH REGION FINALS AT PERRY CENTRAL.
(02-17-2023, 07:56 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt gets their free bid to the Region.  Breathitt needs to switch districts with Buckhorn or Leslie.  Cats need some competition.
So you’re telling me perry and hazard don’t have practically a free bid every year?
(02-18-2023, 11:11 AM)Badger Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-17-2023, 07:56 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Breathitt gets their free bid to the Region.  Breathitt needs to switch districts with Buckhorn or Leslie.  Cats need some competition.
So you’re telling me perry and hazard don’t have practically a free bid every year?
Sure they have a free ride but for some reason Breathitt is held to a higher standard by this guy
Estill- winner
powell- loser

breathitt- winner
wolfe- loser

letcher- winner
Knott- loser

Hazard-winner
Perry central-loser
Come on Night Shade use a little bit of logic and common sense. The 54th is a blind draw. Unlike the 53rd who has always seeded. Only 3 team District and JC has a competitive team about ever 20/30 years. Buckhorn and Leslie have a lot more tradition than JC. Bo kitties have always had an easier path. Ain’t their fault though. I do think they should move to the 54th and let Buckhorn replace them in 53rd. Something could be done to make even 4 teams in each district.
(02-19-2023, 07:31 PM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Come on Night Shade use a little bit of logic and common sense.  The 54th is a blind draw.  Unlike the 53rd who has always seeded.  Only 3 team District and JC has a competitive team about ever 20/30 years.  Buckhorn and Leslie have a lot more tradition than JC.  Bo kitties have always had an easier path.  Ain’t their fault though.  I do think they should move to the 54th and let Buckhorn replace them in 53rd.  Something could be done to make even 4 teams in each district.
Blind draw but they draw each other once every 10yrs maybe. Buckhorn has been a bye since John Noble left. Leslie hasn’t beaten Hazard or Perry in forever.  Give me a break with this nonsense lol
Well John Noble just been gone from Buckhorn for what 4 years? They was always good when John Paul Amis was there. Least they have some tradition. I bet Leslie has probably beat Breathitt several times the past decade. JC has beat BHS and Wolfe probably 3 times in 30 years. My point is valid Nightshade.
PukeBoy you have never made a valid point on here. John has been gone 6yrs from the Horn.
Sorry you cant comprehend simple things Night Shade.
Winners
Breathitt
Hazard
Letcher
Lee

Losers
Perry
Knott
Wolfe
Powell
(02-20-2023, 01:05 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well John Noble just been gone from Buckhorn for what 4 years?  They was always good when John Paul Amis was there.  Least they have some tradition.  I bet Leslie has probably beat Breathitt several times the past decade.  JC has beat BHS and Wolfe probably 3 times in 30 years.  My point is valid Nightshade.
JC beat Breathitt twice in 2016. JC also beat Wolfe consistently for 3-4 years from around 2014-2016. The way it's looking JC will be beating Wolfe again consistently in the upcoming years. Get facts right bucko.
Not really that concerned about it, you understand where I’m coming from.
(02-20-2023, 03:32 PM)BigBadBobcat Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-20-2023, 01:05 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Well John Noble just been gone from Buckhorn for what 4 years?  They was always good when John Paul Amis was there.  Least they have some tradition.  I bet Leslie has probably beat Breathitt several times the past decade.  JC has beat BHS and Wolfe probably 3 times in 30 years.  My point is valid Nightshade.
JC beat Breathitt twice in 2016. JC also beat Wolfe consistently for 3-4 years from around 2014-2016. The way it's looking JC will be beating Wolfe again consistently in the upcoming years. Get facts right bucko.
PukeBoy don’t deal in facts just constant hate for the Bobcats. Jackson City beat Buckhorn the year Buckhorn won the region. Perry & Hazard have no trouble making the region year in year out. To say their path is so much harder than Breathitt is funny.
It’s harder because they meet in the first round sometimes and someone goes home early. Breathitt gets guaranteed trip to Region.

Get your facts straight? Jackson City beat Wolfe once in 2015 and twice in 2016. That’s beating them consistently? They have won 3 of the last 37 games they have played. With a lot of them really one sided. Lol
 And they won’t be beating them consistently in the upcoming years either. Wolfe County has one of the better freshman classes in the region.
53 LCC over Knott
54 Perry over Hazard
55 Breathitt over Wolfe
56 Powell over Lee

Get your facts straight? Jackson City beat Wolfe once in 2015 and twice in 2016. That’s beating them consistently? They have won 3 of the last 37 games they have played. With a lot of them really one sided. Lol
 And they won’t be beating them consistently in the upcoming years either. Wolfe County has one of the better freshman classes in the region.
Wolfe ain't won nothing g never will till they get a coach More important things to them besides winning
Wolfe has never been a factor in my life but I’m 52. The only times I’ve seen Wolfe compete is under creech. They just don’t have the horses. Can’t win the derby with mules

When a school system has district runner up banners hanging in the gym then the bar isn’t set to high. You get what I’m saying turnover. Bad choice to enroll the big kid at Wolfe to start with. The other five schools he was enrolled at before Wolfe would have been a better option
(02-20-2023, 11:27 PM)14th region fanman Wrote: [ -> ]

One of the better freshman classes? I’m not seeing what you’re seeing.  Jackson City will sweep Wolfe next season

(02-21-2023, 12:25 AM)Mountainparkway Wrote: [ -> ]Wolfe has never been a factor in my life but I’m 52. The only times I’ve seen Wolfe compete is under creech. They just don’t have the horses. Can’t win the derby with mules

When a school system has district runner up banners hanging in the gym then the bar isn’t set to high. You get what I’m saying turnover. Bad choice to enroll the big kid at Wolfe to start with. The other five schools he was enrolled at before Wolfe would have been a better option
Do they really have district runner up banners?
Yes