Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Corbin 78 Bell 67
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting game to say the least. Most fouls i’ve seen called in a while. Bell had 2 players foul out in 3rd, 12 team fouls in third, and 4 players total foul out, with where i lost count at 17 fouls in the second half while leading after 1 half. Corbin got their fair share as well i just didn’t keep track. Outcome probably the same no matter what happens as corbin is very talented and bell is just reaching right now, but holy lord can the over weight and under paid zebras take break on the whistle if a game is physical on both sides. Both teams tonight played with intensity and passion and great basketball was played for 16 minutes. The last 16 minutes were spent watching teams shoot free throws or walk to the bench after fouling out on cheap things. I mean i know mouth breathers have to take some time to catch their breath after moving up and down the court but my goodness the whistle ruined one of the last few good matchups before district. Stars of the night tonight in the 13th weren’t red or blue, they were in stripes. 

Good luck to both teams the rest of the way, very talented bunch on both sides. Can’t wait to see who gets the short straw and has to have these refs for the tournament. 
Bell County the most improved team in 13th
What probability do you guys give the Hounds of pulling off the upset over the Fighting Shepherds on Friday?
(02-14-2023, 03:13 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]What probability do you guys give the Hounds of pulling  off the upset over the Fighting Shepherds on Friday?

a punchers chance so I’d say between 10-20% if you want a percent.
(02-14-2023, 03:13 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]What probability do you guys give the Hounds of pulling  off the upset over the Fighting Shepherds on Friday?

0%.
(02-14-2023, 03:13 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]What probability do you guys give the Hounds of pulling off the upset over the Fighting Shepherds on Friday?

Probably 20-30 point game
(02-14-2023, 10:46 AM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]

Coach P has to show up and coach and stop allowing individual play. When we play as a team and share the ball we’re hard to beat. North Will shoot all night when we’re in a 3-2 zone. We can run them off the boards if we play man all night. Stewart can guard Shepherd just fine and Brody can guard Davidson just fine. Just gotta have a post presence inside with Chadwell. If I’m coach P I’m putting the Warren kid on Chadwell with a lil help from Worley we should contain Chadwell inside. I think we can spank North A** if Coach P brings his coaching game. Go Hounds.. 50% chance..
you never know, anything can happen so i’ll give it 15 percent cause they are very very good. But corbin still had chances to lose at Bville and may have gotten knocked off by under .500 bell co if all 4 players over 6’2 don’t foul out before 6 minutes to go where corbin just turn it on. I know one thing, if the two guys inside for north get in early foul trouble, which is unlikely as i doubt a ref will give north a fair whistle the rest of the way until rupp, corbin is good enough to knock them off. I haven’t got to see corbin play much as i would like, just the big games, but their inside presence has not slowed all year ever since the Knox Cath game. Corbin can handle the paint against north, so that will just leave it up to where if cals mightiest hero can turn the volume up without a supporting cast.

(02-14-2023, 11:22 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Coach P has to show up and coach and stop allowing individual play. When we play as a team and share the ball we’re hard to beat. North Will shoot all night when we’re in a 3-2 zone. We can run them off the boards if we play man all night. Stewart can guard Shepherd just fine and Brody can guard Davidson just fine. Just gotta have a post presence inside with Chadwell. If I’m coach P I’m putting the Warren kid on Chadwell with a lil help from Worley we should contain Chadwell inside. I think we can spank North A** if Coach P brings his coaching game. Go Hounds.. 50% chance..
I’d pull the brad sizemore and jeff davis out and run a man-zone combo face guarding sheppard and davidson, and play a triangle zone on for the rest of them and make the background singers make big shots. I just wouldn’t play straight man on mcdouble king without some help. I make jokes but he’s still reed sheppard not many guys around here is guarding him one on one for that long.
(02-14-2023, 11:26 AM)Gridiron_Raid Wrote: [ -> ]
you never know, anything can happen so i’ll give it 15 percent cause they are very very good. But corbin still had chances to lose at Bville and may have gotten knocked off by under .500 bell co if all 4 players over 6’2 don’t foul out before 6 minutes to go where corbin just turn it on. I know one thing, if the two guys inside for north get in early foul trouble, which is unlikely as i doubt a ref will give north a fair whistle the rest of the way until rupp, corbin is good enough to knock them off. I haven’t got to see corbin play much as i would like, just the big games, but their inside presence has not slowed all year ever since the Knox Cath game. Corbin can handle the paint against north, so that will just leave it up to where if cals mightiest hero can turn the volume up without a supporting cast.

I’d pull the brad sizemore and jeff davis out and run a man-zone combo face guarding sheppard and davidson, and play a triangle zone on for the rest of them and make the background singers make big shots. I just wouldn’t play straight man on mcdouble king without some help. I make jokes but he’s still reed sheppard not many guys around here is guarding him one on one for that long.
Stewart and Curry and Llewelyn all switching off can guard him ain’t gonna stop him completely but face guarding him does disrupt him somewhat. We’ve got the players to run all night. Keep the tempo fast and force turnovers. I think we beat North simply because no one thinks we can.
(02-14-2023, 11:39 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Stewart and Curry and Llewelyn all switching off can guard him ain’t gonna stop him completely but face guarding him does disrupt him somewhat. We’ve got the players to run all night. Keep the tempo fast and force turnovers. I think we beat North simply because no one thinks we can.

No none of those 3 have a chance of slowing down reed I’m sorry just the truth and no can gaurd Davidson 20-30 point game you guys had to shoot 52 free throws to beat south

(02-14-2023, 11:39 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Ryan and reed last year

55 points combined on 24-37 shooting

19 rebounds

Ryan was 2 rebound away from them both hsving a double double

??