Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 Martin County
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 18 vs. Hazard
Aug 25 @ Pike County Central (Pike County Bowl)
Sep 1 @ Shelby Valley
Sep 8 @ Paintsville
Sep 15 @ Magoffin County
Sep 22 vs. Perry County Central
Sep 29 vs. Prestonsburg (D)
Oct 6 - BYE
Oct 13 @ Knott County Central (D)
Oct 20 vs. Floyd Central (D)
Oct 27 @ East Carter
Why isnt anyone talking about this Martin County team? It should be a great season for them.
A little bit tougher schedule. Look to be district champs though.
i see 5-5 for martin county, but they will go undefeated in the new district
That’s accurate but I think this will be the best team they’ve had in years too. The return some great skilled players, a real good OL, but need to work on defense. If they could put that puzzle together and cover the pass every now and then they could turn some heads.
(04-12-2023, 07:23 AM)Cards98 Wrote: [ -> ]That’s accurate but I think this will be the best team they’ve had in years too. The return some great skilled players, a real good OL, but need to work on defense. If they could put that puzzle together and cover the pass every now and then they could turn some heads.
The O-Line is definitely the strongest part of this team. They have all but one returning. The center just got a collegiant offer. The tackles are huge and have plenty of college interest and should start having offers rolling in. And the right guard is severly underrated. One of the quickest first steps ive ever seen and he fires out low and hard and he has a ton of experience since he has started since beinga freshman now going into his junior year. He should definitely be gaining as much college  attention as the other offensive lineman. Not to mention they have a returning stud running back and linebacker who is insanely explose and strong as an ox.
Madden Miller is a very big key piece returning to this team. He is an animal in the weightroom and is a workhorse back and linebacker. He had a breakout season his junior year and his senior year should be even better. His little brother jackson is also up and coming. With martin county rumored to be running a more spread offense this year jackson may be thrown into the mix at qb, especially with all the offseason work hes doing. Should be a great year for martin county.
they are doing a good job with this program that had been left for dead ten years ago. i drove by recently and was surprised how many players are out and how big they are.
They better figure out how to defend the pass if they want to be the total package.
I look for Martin County to be a good contender, great program with good leaders. They will have some success. I believe they give PC a good matchup in Pike county bowl this year, I hope to watch that game.
big loss at qb
Martin countys backup Jackson Miller is looking very solid. Not a big loss at qb at all. Wouldve been nice to see the old qb stay and play defense though as he was a very physical and smart player.
(07-13-2023, 05:15 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote: [ -> ]Martin countys backup Jackson Miller is looking very solid. Not a big loss at qb at all. Wouldve been nice to see the old qb stay and play defense though as he was a very physical and smart player.

No one wants to lose a starter and especially a QB. I like that you point out that a backup has stepped in and looks the part and is looking solid. I see every year players stepping up do to an injury who would have never got the nod and they end up being the man. I hope this is the case at Martin. It happened at North Laurel this season and the backup is taking prime advantage of the situation. Good Luck
i will definitely take back my comment, the miller kid looked very good today i was in inez for work. when i was told their starting QB left then saw Miller out there i thought maybe the original kid came back already.
I’m from around the pike county area but I caught wind of this Martin county team from a buddy at work. As a huge high school football fan I went home and found some of their game streams from last season. This is a team to look out for 100%. Their offense is very one dimensional but very dangerous at the same time (I do hear they’re looking to change that though). From what I watched the line all across the board had me impressed, usually not that much size and skill on a hs line. Backfield was incredible as well… here they have some big freshman coming up and a transfer from Lawrence too. Gonna be a big year for them I’m now a fan!
I heard the transfer from lc should do really well. As long as the rumors i hear are true. He also played at martin county in middle school and knows the coaches and players so he should be comfortable and do well.
(07-14-2023, 11:34 PM)HollyWood24 Wrote: [ -> ]I heard the transfer from lc should do really well. As long as the rumors i hear are true. He also played at martin county in middle school and knows the coaches and players so he should be comfortable and do well.
I’m still really good buddies with a classmate of mine from high school. He coached the LC kid in middle school before he transferred(btw transferring between schools as he has been is not a good look). Anyways I mentioned him cause he seems to have some potential. But idk if he’s everything you’re making him out to be at the moment. These first 2-3 years I can really only see him in a backup or special teams role for the time being. May make an impact his junior or senior year.
Tbh man I really think you have zero clue what you’re saying. I don’t think you’ve ever seen me play I personally think I’m the best freshman mc has at the moment and the best fit for left guard. The coaches have been saying im doing really well and we’ll know more once we have pads.
(02-08-2023, 08:43 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Aug 18 vs. Hazard
Aug 25 @ Pike County Central (Pike County Bowl)
Sep 1 @ Shelby Valley
Sep 8 @ Paintsville
Sep 15 @ Magoffin County
Sep 22 vs. Perry County Central
Sep 29 vs. Prestonsburg (D)
Oct 6 - BYE
Oct 13 @ Knott County Central (D)
Oct 20 vs. Floyd Central (D)
Oct 27 @ East Carter

I see 7-3 to 8-2 for Martin County. Should run through the district. Games vs. Hazard, at Shelby Valley and East Carter will be tough ones.
(07-15-2023, 12:49 AM)Lctransfer Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh man I really think you have zero clue what you’re saying. I don’t think you’ve ever seen me play I personally think I’m the best freshman mc has at the moment and the best fit for left guard. The coaches have been saying im doing really well and we’ll know more once we have pads.
I respect your confidence buddy, but it’s the middle of July. You should be putting your time into practice instead of commenting on here. Don’t tell me about how you’re better and just prove it on the field.
cards are at grc today for 7 on 7 looks like theyre 2-0 with wins over west jessamine and madison southern so far ill keep updating everyone as i get them
(07-15-2023, 08:57 AM)biggiewelchwelch Wrote: [ -> ]
(07-15-2023, 12:49 AM)Lctransfer Wrote: [ -> ]Tbh man I really think you have zero clue what you’re saying. I don’t think you’ve ever seen me play I personally think I’m the best freshman mc has at the moment and the best fit for left guard. The coaches have been saying im doing really well and we’ll know more once we have pads.
I respect your confidence buddy, but it’s the middle of July. You should be putting your time into practice instead of commenting on here. Don’t tell me about how you’re better and just prove it on the field.

You told him! Nice!
martin county got the 1 seed and won the first round. they advance to the final 8 to play southwestern..
3 big OL got offered by union college not sure on names.
Bryston Wells, Tate Crum, and Noah Mollette
Me and my wife decided to ride up to the passing tournament to see how some of the teams were looking. Very impressed with Martin county. One of if not the smallest school there and went 4-1 with a loss in a close game in the elite 8. A handful of players left with college offers and this to me is shaping up to be one of if not Martin counties greatest team of all time. Also got the opportunity to check out the lineman challenge during some rain delays. All 4 returning linemen from last season were there, some new guys taking turns working in with them in the challenges. 5th spot on the line appears to be wide open.