Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: 2023 Lexington Catholic
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Aug 18 vs. Highlands
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 15 @ Lexington Christian Academy
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 6 a@ Bourbon County (D)
Oct 13 @ Lloyd Memorial (D)
Oct 20 vs. Pendleton County (D)
Oct 27 vs. Scott County
(02-08-2023, 08:34 PM)Bull got out! Wrote: [ -> ]Aug 18 vs. Highlands
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County
Catholic could make a deep run in 3A playoffs despite losing 3or 4 games in regular season.
(02-09-2023, 11:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County
Catholic could make a deep run in 3A playoffs despite losing 3or 4 games in regular season.
I can see 6-4, maybe 5-5... but i do agree with you as far as them making it deep(er) in the playoff with this classification.
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County

I know numbers is never a problem at Catholic, but I've heard they've lost many key returners to other schools in Lexington (LCA and Douglass)
(02-10-2023, 04:00 PM)HSFOOTBALL Wrote: [ -> ]
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County

I know numbers is never a problem at Catholic, but I've heard they've lost many key returners to other schools in Lexington (LCA and Douglass)
I heard the same. Curious to see who these players are and how they will impact their new team.
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County

...and Woodford Co.
(02-10-2023, 04:22 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County

I heard the same. Curious to see who these players are and how they will impact their new team.

Justus Wertzler to Woodford. Tanner Pedroche to LCA.
(02-11-2023, 11:44 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
Aug 25 @ North Laurel
Sep 1 vs. Corbin
Sep 8 vs. Great Crossing
Sep 22 @ Boyle County
Sep 29 - BYE
Oct 27 vs. Scott County

WHOA! Those 2 are great players. One has played and started since his freshman season. Wonder what gives?
Without looking at the roster, I’d still be willing to bet they have handful of kids still on the roster with the name Jack. You can just about guarantee LC has a few jacks every year. They love that name.
(02-13-2023, 02:18 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-11-2023, 11:44 AM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-09-2023, 11:19 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Catholic could make a deep run in 3A playoffs despite losing 3or 4 games in regular season.

WHOA! Those 2 are great players. One has played and started since his freshman season. Wonder what gives?

I’m going to assume Wertzler wants to play QB. Not sure on Pedroche.
Correct me if i'm wrong, but someone said on the other forum chat that Lexington Catholic HC is in the running or at least mentioned in the Beechwood opening? If I remember he is from NKY/ Highlands alumni. Does he want to go back and coach up north?
(02-21-2023, 03:24 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]Correct me if i'm wrong, but someone said on the other forum chat that Lexington Catholic HC is in the running or at least mentioned in the Beechwood opening? If I remember he is from NKY/ Highlands alumni. Does he want to go back and coach up north?

Coaching world is unpredictable.
Heard Coach Bert is one of 2 finalists for the Moeller position. It would be unfortunate if he left, but he would be leaving the program in a better position than when he arrived. Tough situation for the players, they no doubt have championship aspirations, losing your HC this late in the offseason has to slow momentum.
(03-01-2023, 05:16 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Heard Coach Bert is one of 2 finalists for the Moeller position. It would be unfortunate if he left, but he would be leaving the program in a better position than when he arrived. Tough situation for the players, they no doubt have championship aspirations, losing your HC this late in the offseason has to slow momentum.
Interesting! I'm sure L. Catholic players and parents thought they had their MAN for a long period of time, but he went ahead and interviewed for another opening job after 1 season? Where is the commitment and loyalty to a program? Best of luck to all.
(03-02-2023, 12:01 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-01-2023, 05:16 PM)Iggyfan Wrote: [ -> ]Heard Coach Bert is one of 2 finalists for the Moeller position. It would be unfortunate if he left, but he would be leaving the program in a better position than when he arrived. Tough situation for the players, they no doubt have championship aspirations, losing your HC this late in the offseason has to slow momentum.
Interesting! I'm sure L. Catholic players and parents thought they had their MAN for a long period of time, but he went ahead and interviewed for another opening job after 1 season? Where is the commitment and loyalty to a program? Best of luck to all.
It is one of the most storied programs in the country. Even if he doesn't get it, I would be excited that LC has a coach that is not afraid of the big time spotlight!!
(03-02-2023, 02:49 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-02-2023, 12:01 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
It is one of the most storied programs in the country. Even if he doesn't get it, I would be excited that LC has a coach that is not afraid of the big time spotlight!!

Looks like he got the Moeller job,  this should get interesting now at Lex Cath.
Just think he wasn't good enough for Highlands but is good enough for Moeller!
(03-03-2023, 03:08 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]Just think he wasn't good enough for Highlands but is good enough for Moeller!
He had ZERO head coaching experience prior to applying at Highlands, plus a no brainer that Spiers got the job over him. Experience, numerous wins in KY and GA and state champ in Spiers vs. no experience Bathiany.
(03-03-2023, 03:08 PM)IAM22 Wrote: [ -> ]Just think he wasn't good enough for Highlands but is good enough for Moeller!

Moeller isnt the job it used to be, but it still a bigger job than Highlands for sure.  

Honestly, Highlands not giving him a shot did him a favor.  I wish him luck at Moeller, I think he can do well there.

(03-03-2023, 03:43 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]
He had ZERO head coaching experience prior to applying at Highlands, plus a no brainer that Spiers got the job over him. Experience, numerous wins in KY and GA and state champ in Spiers vs. no experience Bathiany.

I dont disagree on your premise here, but also keep in mine, the Superintendent and Principal that hire Spiers are no longer at Highlands.   Just food for thought.
It would not surprise me if some of Lex Cath's Players Decide they want to go to Boyle County
(03-03-2023, 05:34 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]It would not surprise me if some of Lex Cath's Players Decide they want to go to Boyle County
WOW that’s a bold statement, but I like it. I saw from a different thread here that a few already left and went on somewhere else.
(03-03-2023, 05:34 PM)#1catsfan Wrote: [ -> ]It would not surprise me if some of Lex Cath's Players Decide they want to go to Boyle County

I really can't see that happening.
I would because by rule there families(well are supposed to) have to move to Danville. With Lex Cath. dropping down to 3A and with there resources and if true the Coach is leaving I think some good Coaches will apply. David Buchanan was in the running last time and since it's probably to late to do a national search, I think he will be in the running to get it.
(03-03-2023, 07:10 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]
I would because by rule there families(well are supposed to) have to move to Danville. With Lex Cath. dropping down to 3A and with there resources and if true the Coach is leaving I think some good Coaches will apply. David Buchanan was in the running last time and since it's probably to late to do a national search, I think he will be in the running to get it.

If he got that job that would be brutal for Lex Cath.
(03-03-2023, 07:37 PM)Waitaminute Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-03-2023, 07:10 PM)Big Daddy Bull Wrote: [ -> ]

If he got that job that would be brutal for Lex Cath.
Wow lol.
Coach got the Moeller job.

So now thats 2 varisty Head Coaches, and 2 middle school head coaches in 2 years.

Whats going on a Lex Cath?

Who wants this job?
As soon as FT Highlands HC job becomes available, he will bail out to go there.
(03-06-2023, 06:06 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as FT Highlands HC job becomes available, he will bail out to go there.

Who?
(03-06-2023, 09:49 PM)BEChargers Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-06-2023, 06:06 PM)Cafe Mocha Wrote: [ -> ]As soon as FT Highlands HC job becomes available, he will bail out to go there.

Who?
What do you mean who? Have you not been paying attention? Lol bert. Once Highlands opens up, whether it be next or following season, he will apply and leave.
If that is where he wants to go when the time comes, go for it!
What would be wrong for him going after a job he wants no matter where it is?