Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Pikeville 60 Shelby Valley 11
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from SV in 59th District play. 

Panthers improve to 20-5 on the year.
Geez
(02-01-2023, 11:09 PM)Spud6 Wrote: [ -> ]Geez
Valley is rebuilding, also Sadie Johnson is still out.   and of course Pikeville is loaded and having a great year!
My honest and probably not so popular opinion on this is for the last 4 years Valley was catering to two kids. Bringing in Looney to compliment these two kids, all while not developing the other kids. Everything was focused on those two kids who were good players and focused on trying to beat Pikeville. If I’m not mistaken some good players from Dorton and Valley elementary didn’t even come out to play in high school because everything was focused on those two players. So yeah Valley is in a major rebuild that might take a few years even though they have a few upper class man.
(02-02-2023, 04:27 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]My honest and probably not so popular opinion on this is for the last 4 years Valley was catering to two kids. Bringing in Looney to compliment these two kids, all while not developing the other kids.  Everything was focused on those two kids who were good players and focused on trying to beat Pikeville.  If I’m not mistaken some good players from Dorton and Valley elementary didn’t even come out to play in high school because everything was focused on those two players.  So yeah Valley is in a major rebuild that might take a few years even though they have a few upper class man.
Valley is home grown. They don’t bring kids in
(02-02-2023, 07:37 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2023, 04:27 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]My honest and probably not so popular opinion on this is for the last 4 years Valley was catering to two kids. Bringing in Looney to compliment these two kids, all while not developing the other kids.  Everything was focused on those two kids who were good players and focused on trying to beat Pikeville.  If I’m not mistaken some good players from Dorton and Valley elementary didn’t even come out to play in high school because everything was focused on those two players.  So yeah Valley is in a major rebuild that might take a few years even though they have a few upper class man.
So Looney wasn’t at East Ridge?  
Dang KHSAA must have her stats wrong then. Cause it’s seems like in 2019/20 during her sophomore year she was a East Ridge Warrior and avg 9.2ppg in 26 games played.
The best returning player from Valley was recruited to Pikeville by the legion of scum.
Back to my original point about SV. If the focus wasn’t on certain players then maybe the talent in the middle school that either quit in high school or decided to enroll elsewhere would still be there.
(02-02-2023, 08:13 PM)Grinch1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-02-2023, 07:37 PM)Realtalk101 Wrote: [ -> ]
So Looney wasn’t at East Ridge?  
Dang KHSAA must have her stats wrong then. Cause it’s seems like in 2019/20 during her sophomore year she was an East Ridge Warrior and avg 9.2ppg in 26 games played.
It was joke lol
You’re being too kind, it was only one player that the focus was on. The nepotism has sank SV’s girls program to depths not seen in 20 years. Many of the SV parents have told me word for word that exact thing. It’s a shame what went on there. Hopefully it can get turned around, but it’s going to take quite a while.
Dang. 11 points? Is Shelby Valley down that bad?
(02-03-2023, 12:27 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]
You’re being too kind, it was only one player that the focus was on. The nepotism has sank SV’s girls program to depths not seen in 20 years. Many of the SV parents have told me word for word that exact thing. It’s a shame what went on there. Hopefully it can get turned around, but it’s going to take quite a while.

Was going to say the same thing. The former coach ran off a lot of good talent in showcasing the one player mentioned, and in turn jumped ship when she graduated leaving the program in shambles. As long as the administration is intact at SV then nothing will change and the downward spiral will continue.