Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Holy Cross (Cov) 48 Pikeville 32 (All “A” State Semifinals)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final from EKU. 

Panthers go ice cold from the floor. 

Holy Cross moves on to the Championship to face the winner of Whitefield Academy/Bathlehem.
Holy cross coach out coached pikeville coach. Pikeville coach made no adjustments to holy cross half court trap
Guess she was too busy trying to look like a teenager. Very unprofessional. Especially when you have fans at the ALL A TOYRNAMENT TALKING ABOUT HOW UNPROFEESIONAL SHE IS IN THE WAY SHE DRESSES FOR A HIGH SCHOOL EVENT. SHE ISNT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE. DAYS ARE LIMITED.

All about attention. Not about winning games!!!!
(01-29-2023, 10:46 AM)Warriorhawk17 Wrote: [ -> ]Holy cross coach out coached pikeville coach. Pikeville coach made no adjustments to holy cross half court trap
Guess she was too busy trying to look like a teenager. Very unprofessional.  Especially when you have fans at the ALL A TOYRNAMENT TALKING ABOUT HOW UNPROFEESIONAL SHE IS IN THE WAY SHE DRESSES FOR A HIGH SCHOOL EVENT. SHE ISNT SETTING A GOOD EXAMPLE. DAYS ARE LIMITED.

All about attention. Not about winning games!!!!

Sounds like someone is Definitely JEALOUS. Her attire is completely appropriate. She's is doing and has done an Excellent Job as The Coach for the Lady Panthers. She won't be moving on anytime soon, unless she's offered a College Job. Which is very possible. I Love reading Butthurt post like this. It just SCREAMS JEALOUSY !!!
Sometimes you just run into a better team. They recruit in Northern Ky just like Pikeville does and probably get better recruits. It happens. Doubt her attire had anything to do with the score.
Even a loss doesn't shut the crybabies up. They are powerless to hold back their tears...
(01-28-2023, 11:50 AM)Panther Thunder Wrote: [ -> ]Final from EKU. 

Panthers go ice cold from the floor. 

Holy Cross moves on to the Championship to face the winner of Whitefield Academy/Bathlehem.
How someone dresses as a coach is not relevant.  Most female coaches dress very professionally when coaching, so dressing nice shouldn't be an issue.  Not having seen Holy Cross or knowing anything about them, I can't give a judgement on who had the better team. Coaching does matter though. Did the better team win?
As you all can see, any time you leave the ref protected confines of your region, you get your tail handed to you. Its hilarious to see your big time recruits get beat down by this team that is not even a top 20 team.

And the poster is right about people talking about your coach, right or wrong.
(02-01-2023, 08:29 AM)KingCommodore Wrote: [ -> ]As you all can see, any time you leave the ref protected confines of your region, you get your tail handed to you. Its hilarious to see your big time recruits get beat down by this team that is not even a top 20 team.

And the poster is right about people talking about your coach, right or wrong.
Actually HC is #7 in this weeks Courier Journal rankings.  

You can claim Pikeville recruits all you want blah blah blah.   What about Meade from BL who went to FC, or Vannoy who left JC and went to Paintsville, or the girl who left Paintsville mid season last year to Lc and was eligible immediately. Also people seem to forget that Looney at Valley transferred from East Ridge as like a junior. Also Damron who is at BL transferred from East Ridge. People only mention Pikeville because great players come to their program. Only role players go to these other schools.  Only transfer Pikeville has is Thornsbury and she came last year and had to sit the majority of the year.  As everyone knows if you enroll as a freshman it isn’t considered a transfer plus you have to have a legit move.  That’s a state rule now.   

So keep claiming Pikeville recruits but in reality the other top girls teams this year have a transfer that starts.
Deep down, I don’t think anyone really cares. Think they do it to ruffle Panther feathers. Pikeville is probably the best school east of 75. Who wouldn’t want to play there?
(02-01-2023, 10:53 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Deep down, I don’t think anyone really cares.  Think they do it to ruffle Panther feathers.  Pikeville is probably the best school east of 75.  Who wouldn’t want to play there?
You’re probably right.  In the big scheme of things parents are gonna do what they think is best for their kids.  No one should ever be upset about it.   I just get sick of always hearing about how people think it’s only Pikeville that’s gets a transfer from time to time and when other schools get one nothing is ever said.
The parochial schools get boosts from transfers, no doubt about that, Holy Cross included (they won a KHSAA state title only a few years ago).
Another example: Sacred Heart had already won 2 straight KHSAA state championships when suddenly the best middle school player to ever play in Shelby County shows up on their campus to enroll and join them her freshman year. What was the result? The 6’2 Phenom, who could probably start for a majority of D1 schools right now, led them in scoring and rebounding as a freshman and to a 3rd consecutive state championship. What luck!!! And she will lead them to another title this year, next year and the year after imo. She’s that good.
Of the 8 semifinalist in boys/girls at the All A Classic state tournament, 6 of the 8 schools were private parochial schools.
I don’t have a beef. It’s legal. And it sure has its advantages. But I don’t blame publics for “accepting” all transfers that help their programs.
To be honest about it, from what I hear Pikeville has an excellent school academically and also some of the best sports facilities of any school in Kentucky. In their school’s defense, it’s not so much recruiting by anyone as much the school is attractive to parents and players and simply stated the schools attractiveness to outsiders puts them in a light that the school recruits itself.