Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Paintsville 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taking a look at what they have returning…. Mann it looks real bad per paper/stats.. The only plus I’m seeing is they return the leading tackler from last season. Only return just over a 100 yards offensively. Someone fill me in from other there.
(01-26-2023, 08:17 PM)bac2369 Wrote: [ -> ]Taking a look at what they have returning…. Mann it looks real bad per paper/stats.. The only plus I’m seeing is they return the leading tackler from last season. Only return just over a 100 yards offensively. Someone fill me in from other there.
No idea but I agree, it sure doesn’t look good overall. Those small underclasses are catching up from what I’ve heard
I have to agree it doesn't look good for the Tigers. Hope they beat everyone but Pikeville.
I definitely have given some Paintsville posters and some Raceland posters some crap over the years but the truth is, I like it when all are good. But I posted previously, I think Paintsville is getting ready to go through a really rough stretch on the gridiron, and when I say stretch I mean for quite a while. I asked a question that I’m not sure anyone ever answered, did they end up even having a middle school team. I know I was told in August that they weren’t even having a team, not sure if that changed. Now they could always get some kids from across the creek or some kids from neighboring counties but I think they are getting ready to be real bad.
I agree MB. As much as I like thrashing Paintsville I want them to be good.
Hey Jet won’t you start us a 2023 Pikeville thread. I would but I’m barely smart enough to log on to this site let alone start a thread lol
(01-26-2023, 11:33 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely have given some Paintsville posters and some Raceland posters some crap over the years but the truth is, I like it when all are good. But I posted previously, I think Paintsville is getting ready to go through a really rough stretch on the gridiron, and when I say stretch I mean for quite a while. I asked a question that I’m not sure anyone ever answered, did they end up even having a middle school team. I know I was told in August that they weren’t even having a team, not sure if that changed. Now they could always get some kids from across the creek or some kids from neighboring counties but I think they are getting ready to be real bad.
It’s crazy to think they were putting out D1 players for a few years and had a state championship team just 3 years ago.  I know Chirico leaving hurt but it seems like they built their program for the short term rather than making their success sustainable for the long haul.
(01-26-2023, 11:40 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jet won’t you start us a 2023 Pikeville thread. I would but I’m barely smart enough to log on to this site let alone start a thread lol

LOL MB I will do it but you are selling me short if you really believe I don't realize there is not a more savvy poster on here than you.
(01-26-2023, 11:45 PM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2023, 11:33 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]I definitely have given some Paintsville posters and some Raceland posters some crap over the years but the truth is, I like it when all are good. But I posted previously, I think Paintsville is getting ready to go through a really rough stretch on the gridiron, and when I say stretch I mean for quite a while. I asked a question that I’m not sure anyone ever answered, did they end up even having a middle school team. I know I was told in August that they weren’t even having a team, not sure if that changed. Now they could always get some kids from across the creek or some kids from neighboring counties but I think they are getting ready to be real bad.
It’s crazy to think they were putting out D1 players for a few years and had a state championship team just 3 years ago.  I know Chirico leaving hurt but it seems like they built their program for the short term rather than making their success sustainable for the long haul.
I don’t have the numbers in front of me but I know Paintsville is one of the smallest schools that plays 11 man football. I would guess we are the smallest to ever win a title (just a guess). We are going to have years where numbers are down. 

I’m not sure what you mean about building for short term success? Those players transferred in as eight graders and it elevated the program. What should have Paintsville done, refused to play them? Haha

Also, Paintsville did have a middle school team last year.
(01-26-2023, 11:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]
I don’t have the numbers in front of me but I know Paintsville is one of the smallest schools that plays 11 man football. I would guess we are the smallest to ever win a title (just a guess). We are going to have years where numbers are down. 

I’m not sure what you mean about building for short term success? Those players transferred in as eight graders and it elevated the program. What should have Paintsville done, refused to play them? Haha

By short term success I was referring to the run between 2013-2020 when 10 win seasons became the norm and expectation.  During that run it just felt like you guys weren’t going anywhere and I wouldn’t have guessed that the program would have gotten down.  I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, I actually want to see Paintsville be a top shelf team because it makes Class A football better.
Thanks 2000, that’s good to hear. I know they had told Pikeville they couldn’t schedule them because they weren’t having a team. Yes Paintsville is a very small school and heck no they shouldn’t have turned those kids away. They accomplished something that has only been done once in Paintsville history so I’d say it worked out ok. I think what Blaze was hinting at is that they’ve relied more on transfers for success than just their own kids, and maybe now without Chirico they aren’t getting as many of those transfer kids. But let’s be honest, I can look at Pikeville and say if Pikeville is only playing with kids that are born and live in that school district zone then they’re probably aren’t as dominant as they have been. But the difference is that most of the Pikeville kids , even living outside the said city school zone, go to Pikeville from the beginning. And yes they sprinkle in quite a few transfers along the way that mix it with the core that they’ve groomed. And Pikeville is a much bigger single A school.
So 2000 what do you think about how Paintsville’s football team will be in the next 4-5 years? You are obviously more entrenched than us fools.

(01-26-2023, 11:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2023, 11:40 PM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Hey Jet won’t you start us a 2023 Pikeville thread. I would but I’m barely smart enough to log on to this site let alone start a thread lol

LOL MB I will do it but you are selling me short if you really believe I don't realize there is not a more savvy poster on here than you.
I blushed a little
(01-27-2023, 12:04 AM)Orange Blaze Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-26-2023, 11:55 PM)2000PHS Wrote: [ -> ]

By short term success I was referring to the run between 2013-2020 when 10 win seasons became the norm and expectation.  During that run it just felt like you guys weren’t going anywhere and I wouldn’t have guessed that the program would have gotten down.  I wasn’t trying to be disrespectful, I actually want to see Paintsville be a top shelf team because it makes Class A football better.
Same here 2000
(01-27-2023, 12:06 AM)Micro-Brew Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks 2000, that’s good to hear. I know they had told Pikeville they couldn’t schedule them because they weren’t having a team. Yes Paintsville is a very small school and heck no they shouldn’t have turned those kids away. They accomplished something that has only been done once in Paintsville history so I’d say it worked out ok. I think what Blaze was hinting at is that they’ve relied more on transfers for success than just their own kids, and maybe now without Chirico they aren’t getting as many of those transfer kids. But let’s be honest, I can look at Pikeville and say if Pikeville is only playing with kids that are born and live in that school district zone then they’re probably aren’t as dominant as they have been. But the difference is that most of the Pikeville kids , even living outside the said city school zone, go to Pikeville from the beginning. And yes they sprinkle in quite a few transfers along the way that mix it with the core that they’ve groomed. And Pikeville is a much bigger single A school.
So 2000 what do you think about how Paintsville’s football team will be in the next 4-5 years? You are obviously more entrenched than us fools.

(01-26-2023, 11:53 PM)jetpilot Wrote: [ -> ]

I blushed a little
haha good one, proves my point
Not a lot of talk about the 2023 Paintsville team. I know there is excitement about having the newly turfed field. But It looks like they are going to lose at least 12 seniors off an already thin team. They don’t return very much production. I think after having a great 6-8 year run Paintsville is going to have a fairly substantial drop off for the next several years unless they get several impactful transfers.
The turf will help and they have several good sized kids that play baseball and basketball.

I just don’t look for them to compete
Any word or new outta Paintsville?