Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: I Challenge Everyone To Do This
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Most of you, if not all of you, have a Wal-Mart nearby. From now until Dec. 10th there should be Salvation Army Christmas Angel trees set up right when you walk in the store.

These trees help provide new clothing and/or toys for children of needy families.

Your Angel tag that you take from the tree will provide you with the child's first name, age, sex, sizes, and the item(s) they would like or need. Please purchase new gifts for your Angel and return them to the tree where you selected your Angel. For security reasons, please do not wrap gifts.

There is no set amount of money that you need to spend, but on average, each Angel should receive about 3 - 4 gifts with a mix of toys and/or clothing items for the children.

If you don't want to take the time to purchase individual gifts you can donate to the "forgotten angels." Some angels are not adopted or their gifts are not returned in time for distribution. The “forgotten angel” allows individuals to purchase generic gifts for children to ensure all Angels receive gifts.

It's really not that hard to do and you can do all of the shopping in Wal-Mart if you really want to. I picked up a tag yesterday for a little girl who just wanted a doll and a winter coat.

So, I challenge everyone here to pick up an angel from the Angel Tree and help make sure that a child doesn't have to go without this Christmas.
I do that EVERY year!!!
We ( my sons and I ) have also particpated in "Operation Christmas Child".... If I'm not mistaken we made 9 boxes (4 for girl and 5 for boy) and sent last year.
Yeah...my mom does this every year through our church. She usually tries to pick a boy and a girl or 2 girls (I don't have any sisters so she gets all excited Smile). She also picks a couple of kids in a program through the Harley Owners Group and they deliver presents to the Homeless shelter in both December and July.

If you have the ability, EVERYONE should help the less fortunate. :thumpsup:
ttt
Awesome suggestion CE!!!
ComfortEagle Wrote:Most of you, if not all of you, have a Wal-Mart nearby. From now until Dec. 10th there should be Salvation Army Christmas Angel trees set up right when you walk in the store.

These trees help provide new clothing and/or toys for children of needy families.

Your Angel tag that you take from the tree will provide you with the child's first name, age, sex, sizes, and the item(s) they would like or need. Please purchase new gifts for your Angel and return them to the tree where you selected your Angel. For security reasons, please do not wrap gifts.

There is no set amount of money that you need to spend, but on average, each Angel should receive about 3 - 4 gifts with a mix of toys and/or clothing items for the children.

If you don't want to take the time to purchase individual gifts you can donate to the "forgotten angels." Some angels are not adopted or their gifts are not returned in time for distribution. The “forgotten angel” allows individuals to purchase generic gifts for children to ensure all Angels receive gifts.

It's really not that hard to do and you can do all of the shopping in Wal-Mart if you really want to. I picked up a tag yesterday for a little girl who just wanted a doll and a winter coat.

So, I challenge everyone here to pick up an angel from the Angel Tree and help make sure that a child doesn't have to go without this Christmas.
That is very kind hearted of you...we donate to them every year. especially my mom she is real big on that topic.