Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: South Laurel 73 Corbin 55
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Final 

Corbin play without leading scoring Hayden Liewellyn tonight,  Corbin Coach P was ejected before game even got started for players dunking in warm-up.   Wow!!
(01-20-2023, 11:54 PM)64SUR Wrote: [ -> ]Final 

Corbin play without leading scoring Hayden Liewellyn tonight,  Corbin Coach P was ejected before game even got started for players dunking in warm-up.   Wow!!

Not really surprised at this outcome.  That place is a Sh!thole of Shenanigans. A true den of iniquity .  Maybe I don't see as good as I used to but I've seen dunking in warmups all season . Why is it not allowed at the den of thieves in South London?

All the crap that goes on up there aside, Jeff Davis is the best coach in the 13th.

64,  Did Hayden dunk during warmups and get tossed or was he injured?
Can dunk before referees are on the floor. It’s a no no after.
(01-21-2023, 02:55 AM)Franchise Wrote: [ -> ]Can dunk before referees are on the floor. It’s a no no after.

That seems really odd. Either allow it at all times in warmups or ban it completely before the game starts.
3 Corbin players were T’d up for dunking after the officials come out onto the floor. Which by the way is one of the dumbest rules the KHSAA has in basketball. It’s been a rule for years and most teams have an Asst coach out close to the team warming up to let them know when the officials come out on the floor. I don’t blame Tony for being mad but the technicals are issued to the coach and two of them are automatic ejection. Tony should be pissed at his assistants for not alerting the team they were out on the floor. I saw the dunks and was shocked when I saw the first one then couldn’t believe the next two in-line followed with dunks. I was thinking maybe the rule was finally gone but obviously not
Big difference tonight was far less fouls than the 52 the stripes called at Corbin 10 days ago. I’m sure the game woulda been closer with Llewelyn and Tony. Round 3 at South in about 4-5 weeks
(01-21-2023, 03:23 AM)mountain_music Wrote: [ -> ]3 Corbin players were T’d up for dunking after the officials come out onto the floor. Which by the way is one of the dumbest rules the KHSAA has in basketball. It’s been a rule for years and most teams have an Asst coach out close to the team warming up to let them know when the officials come out on the floor.  I don’t blame Tony for being mad but the technicals are issued to the coach and two of them are automatic ejection. Tony should be pissed at his assistants for not alerting the team they were out on the floor. I saw the dunks and was shocked when I saw the first one then couldn’t believe the next two in-line followed with dunks. I was thinking maybe the rule was finally gone but obviously not
  Big difference tonight was far less fouls than the 52 the stripes called at Corbin 10 days ago. I’m sure the game woulda been closer with Llewelyn and Tony. Round 3 at South in about 4-5 weeks

After all the calls at Corbin I’m not surprised. As I’m sitting in my seat watching it all unfold in front of me, I said to myself they getting ready to toss Coach P and sure enough he was tossed. One of my top five moments in 13th Region Basketball. It was a petty move by the refs to follow thru on this one but it is a rule. Picked a hell of a time to enforce that rule. Honestly, it wouldn’t have made a difference because South was the better team last night. You won’t hear me making excuses for the Hounds losing because a loss is a loss period. Davis has won 13 of last 14 games against Coach P and in my eyes solidified himself as best coach in the 13th Region hands down. Give Davis Corbins players and Davis beats the brakes off North Laurel Jags this year. Corbin always got more talent than most but can never put it together for results needed to win the Region and at this point District. If this was Football the Corbin fan faithful would be calling for a replacement coach already. Coach McDaniel would do an awesome job running the program but he’d need to get rid of a couple seat fillers that Coach P has. All in all what a night of basketball. Wonder why they picked this game to toss Coach P for players dunking in pregame? It was obviously pre planned as the laughing going on at scorers table just prior to getting T’d up. They knew it was gonna happen before it did. I’d say that was payback for having a leaky roof at Gilliam gym last year. Go Hounds..
(01-21-2023, 07:18 AM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2023, 03:23 AM)mountain_music Wrote: [ -> ]3 Corbin players were T’d up for dunking after the officials come out onto the floor. Which by the way is one of the dumbest rules the KHSAA has in basketball. It’s been a rule for years and most teams have an Asst coach out close to the team warming up to let them know when the officials come out on the floor.  I don’t blame Tony for being mad but the technicals are issued to the coach and two of them are automatic ejection. Tony should be pissed at his assistants for not alerting the team they were out on the floor. I saw the dunks and was shocked when I saw the first one then couldn’t believe the next two in-line followed with dunks. I was thinking maybe the rule was finally gone but obviously not

After all the calls at Corbin I’m not surprised. As I’m sitting in my seat watching it all unfold in front of me, I said to myself they getting ready to toss Coach P and sure enough he was tossed. One of my top five moments in 13th Region Basketball. It was a petty move by the refs to follow thru on this one but it is a rule. Picked a hell of a time to enforce that rule. Honestly, it wouldn’t have made a difference because South was the better team last night. You won’t hear me making excuses for the Hounds losing because a loss is a loss period. Davis has won 13 of last 14 games against Coach P and in my eyes solidified himself as best coach in the 13th Region hands down. Give Davis Corbins players and Davis beats the brakes off North Laurel Jags this year. Corbin always got more talent than most but can never put it together for results needed to win the Region and at this point District. If this was Football the Corbin fan faithful would be calling for a replacement coach already. Coach McDaniel would do an awesome job running the program but he’d need to get rid of a couple seat fillers that Coach P has. All in all what a night of basketball. Wonder why they picked this game to toss Coach P for players dunking in pregame? It was obviously pre planned as the laughing going on at scorers table just prior to getting T’d up. They knew it was gonna happen before it did. I’d say that was payback for having a leaky roof at Gilliam gym last year. Go Hounds..

John Boy Crawford has no business on that bench. NONE!!!   I remember watching him play for Corbin back in the early seventies at the old gym on Kentucky Street. John Boy refused to listen to the coach's directives. John's daddy, Jim Lee, would sit immediately behind the Corbin bench and shout instructions to his boy.  I have always found him to be a despicable and narcissitic rube.
Just wait until Breathitt County gets ahold of South Laurel on February the 4th at Owsley County. South Laurel will get a big loss.
I know this is crazy, but I can't count the number of times this exact same thing has happened in my 20+ years of watching basketball, once refs are on the scene the dunks stop, TP needs to chew some assistants rear ends and some players as well they ought to know this rule.

I was told years ago, this rule is in place because the goals weren't always what they are today, which is made for dunking, so the rule was put in place to protect the goals, the rule is simply no dunking in warmups, you don't like it, get the board of control to vote and change it. Rules are rules, officials are asked to enforce all the rules, even the stupid ones.

This should maybe motivate the hounds to dominate the rest of the season.

Would beat the breaks of North Laurel ?? south has a better team than Corbin and it’s not even that close, give me Parker Payne over anyone Corbin’s got, I think that’s just obvious
(01-22-2023, 01:52 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]

Would beat the breaks of North Laurel ?? south has a better team than Corbin and it’s not even that close, give me Parker Payne over anyone Corbin’s got, I think that’s just obvious

Agreed - South has had more talent than Corbin since Taylor left - I dont even think its debatable and the record speaks for itself.  Its OK to take off the rose colored glasses every once in a while and look at things realistically.
(01-21-2023, 11:33 PM)Spoozer12 Wrote: [ -> ]I know this is crazy, but I can't count the number of times this exact same thing has happened in my 20+ years of watching basketball, once refs are on the scene the dunks stop, TP needs to chew some assistants rear ends and some players as well they ought to know this rule. 

I was told years ago, this rule is in place because the goals weren't always what they are today, which is made for dunking, so the rule was put in place to protect the goals, the rule is simply no dunking in warmups, you don't like it, get the board of control to vote and change it.  Rules are rules, officials are asked to enforce all the rules, even the stupid ones.

This should maybe motivate the hounds to dominate the rest of the season.

If this is the case, why do they allow dunking at all during warmups? Why not ban it completely pre-game?
(01-22-2023, 03:15 PM)13th Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-22-2023, 01:52 PM)ScratchGolf Wrote: [ -> ]

Agreed - South has had more talent than Corbin since Taylor left - I dont even think its debatable and the record speaks for itself.  Its OK to take off the rose colored glasses every once in a while and look at things realistically.

They can’t take those glasses off, I mean yea coaches play a big part of the game but if you got more talent than another team your not going to lose 12 or 13 straight times to a team idc who coach’s you, the football and basketball program of Corbin seems to like to beat up on a bunch of bad teams and when they have to actually play someone they get beat, bad schedules give their fan base a little bit of s false high haha
(01-21-2023, 03:19 AM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-21-2023, 02:55 AM)Franchise Wrote: [ -> ]Can dunk before referees are on the floor. It’s a no no after.

That seems really odd. Either allow it at all times in warmups or ban it completely before the game starts.

No one out there to enforce it at that point, referees jurisdiction over the game begins when they enter the Court.