Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Russell Red Devils 2023
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What we know about the Red Devils Schedule for 2023 so far is
Not sure of dates and times yet but
Greenup County
Ashland
South Point,Ohio
Fleming County-District
Bath County-District
Lewis County-District
East Carter-District
West Carter-District

Russell only needs to fill 2 games.
This is great for Russell to move to this district. The logical games I would like to see on their schedule for the other 2 games are Raceland or Ironton or Boyd County. I know they won’t happen, but I like the close rivalry games the best. It brings more excitement to the season than having to go out and find teams from farther away that don’t bring much interest.

Russell should be able to win their new district, though.
It’s a damn shame that kids have started a petition on their own on Facebook to try and keep the RCB alive. I don’t get it. Give me one logical reason as to why Russell shouldn’t WANT that game on their schedule.
Reap the whirlwind Lambs,

Reap it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Reap what? Benefits of building a program? Okay we will do just that. Have had about 5 Russell transfers in the last few weeks. We may just go ahead and hold them back to!
Beagle I will give you credit, you are one of the greatest trolls of all time!!
Was unaware of the recent transfers. Sounds like you just have 5 more reasons though!!!
Think before you type
So, by your logic Russell and GC’s only reason to stop playing Raceland was because of transfers? Were they worried about those transfers when they beat us like a drum up on Red Devil Hill? Was Greenup worried about our transfers when they beat us at our place for a district baseball championship? If that’s the case, that’s sad.

Any way, I think this schedule helps Russell. They will be younger the next few years and rebuilding in a sense. I think they have some solid kids in grades 6-8. Should make for some talented teams down the road. Everyone in NEKY goes through this stuff. Russell needs to stay the course. Too much history to fall apart.
(01-18-2023, 11:24 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]Reap what? Benefits of building a program? Okay we will do just that. Have had about 5 Russell transfers in the last few weeks. We may just go ahead and hold them back to!

Will any of the latest Russell transfers help Raceland this season?
I don’t think so. At least not in a Lykins type of impact. The best player will play though. Regardless of where they come from and as usual, we will love and support whoever that is. I don’t want to detail this thread with RamLand antics though…

What does Russell return? What’s the short term and long term goals for the Red Devils? They have a 7th grade bunch that is very physical and very talented. How does the feeder program look?
I have no problem with Russell players transferring to Raceland or vice versa if they do it legally by moving into Raceland's district and not staying in Russell's district.
What is all Russell returning?
Russell will be really young at the skill positions.
Russell does return Andre Richardson-Crews RB, DB
David Harless OT, DT Returns
Noah McDaniels WR, LB Retrurns
Ethan Pack QB, DB Returns
Some of the the Key returning players are

David Harless OT, DT Sr.

Noah McDaniels WR, LB Sr.

Andre Richardson-Crews RB, DB Sr.

Ethan Pack QB, DB Sr.

Key Graduation Losses

Colby Rock RB, LB

Nathan Totten PK

Ian Roark OL, DL

Austin Pike WR, DB

Carson Patrick WR, DB

Ethan Oborne RB, DB

Matthew Haggard OL, DL

DMarques Kershner WR, DB

Tyler Hill OL, DL

Trey Berry OL, DL
(01-18-2023, 05:21 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Russell should be able to win their new district, though.
If they can't win this district then they're in bad shape. East is the only real competition. Not sure what East lost though so they may win it.
(01-27-2023, 05:12 PM)Slic Ric Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-18-2023, 05:21 PM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]Russell should be able to win their new district, though.
If they can't win this district then they're in bad shape. East is the only real competition. Not sure what East lost though so they may win it.

I agree Russell should be 1 every year in this district or no less than 2. This is essentially the same teams Russell had in the district when they won the title in 05 and went back to the finals in 06. Back then Russell was in 8 team district and had 7 district games. Russell had Powell, Estill ,and Morgan County then and Minus Bath County but the rest of the teams were the same.
8/18/23 Mason County Home

8/25/23 Greenup County Away

9/1/23 South Pont, Ohio Away

9/8/23 Magoffin County Home

9/15/23 Ashland Home

9/22/23 Fleming County Away -District

9/29/23 West Carter Away- District

10/6/23 Lewis County Home-District

10/13/23 Bath County Away- District

10/20/23 East Carter Home- District

All games 7:30 PM

The Ohio game could be a 7pm start as they start at 7 I think on the Ohio Side.
(01-18-2023, 11:05 PM)Scotty_Bronson Wrote: [ -> ]It’s a damn shame that kids have started a petition on their own on Facebook to try and keep the RCB alive. I don’t get it. Give me one logical reason as to why Russell shouldn’t WANT that game on their schedule.
Easy, TJ doesn’t want to get embarrassed again so they won’t play them.
Russell won the 3A District 6 Weight meet this past weekend on March, 18, 2023. Let's hope the kids are working hard in the weight room for the 2023 season.
The meet consisted of bench,dead lift, power clean, vertical jump, 40 yard dash.
(01-19-2023, 01:40 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]I have no problem with Russell players transferring to Raceland or vice versa if they do it legally by moving into Raceland's district and not staying in Russell's district

I don't believe it's illegal to transfer from one district to another without residing in the new district.  I believe to play a sport there is a required waiting period of one calendar year from the date of enrollment, after that they can have at it. If a student transfers and doesn't live in the new district and immediately begins playing then there is a problem. I think there are some exceptions to the rule....maybe....for example....the students parent becomes employed in the new school district or a student transfers because a sport they want to play isn't offered in their home district. For example, a student transfers from Raceland to Russell because the Raceland district doesn't offer soccer. I may be wrong....
8/5/2023 at Lawrence County Scrimmage 6pm

8/11/23 at Boyd County EKC grid-scrimmage 7:30 pm

8/18/23 Mason County Home-Hall of fame night 7:30

8/25/23 Greenup County Away 7:30 pm

9/1/23 South Pont, Ohio Away7:30 or 8pm?

9/8/23 Magoffin County Home-JFl night/Homecoming 7:30pm

9/15/23 Ashland Home- fall sports night 7:30 pm

9/22/23 Fleming County Away -District 7:30 pm

9/29/23 West Carter Away- District 7:30 pm

10/6/23 Lewis County Home-District 7:30 pm

10/13/23 Bath County Away- District 7:30 pm

10/20/23 East Carter- Home- Senior night 7:30 pm

10/27/23- Open
(05-23-2023, 09:41 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]8/5/2023 at Lawrence County Scrimmage 6pm

10/27/23- Open
This is the type of schedule you make after you had an ugly year. This is t a program building schedule. This is get me some wins with some cream puffs
(05-24-2023, 12:54 AM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-23-2023, 09:41 PM)GOREDDEVILS Wrote: [ -> ]8/5/2023 at Lawrence County Scrimmage 6pm

10/27/23- Open
This is the type of schedule you make after you had an ugly year. This is t a program building schedule. This is get me some wins with some cream puffs
This isn’t actually bad schedule for a program rebuild.  Outside of the district games, the schedule is actually pretty tough relatively speaking.  Ashland, Boyd, Greenup, and Mason won’t be push overs and Russell will have to earn wins against those teams.  
Russell replaced Boone, Raceland, Wheelersburg, Lawrence, Montgomery, and Dunbar with Mason, South Point, Magoffin, Fleming, Lewis, and Bath.

Mason isn't an easy win. South Point won't be as easy as one might think. Fleming could give Russell trouble. The other 3 should be easy wins.

Russell kept rivalry games with Greenup and Ashland so that's good. Greenup won't be an easy win. In fact, Greenup might be favored in this year's game with Russell. Ashland will likely blow Russell out this season.

So I have to agree with Orange Blaze. It's not a bad schedule for where their program is. Their district may come down to the final week of the season against East Carter.
nm.