Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Fleming County in 08
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I saw these threads about some other area teams and thought I would start one about Fleming. Do you think they will get things back on track and be more competitive in 08 or will they struggle again? I think they return 8 starters on defense and on offense they lose 3 of their lineman and 1 back. They also lose a good kicker/punter.
No comments? I guess I will get it started. I think offensively they must find a better fit at Qb. I am not saying the kid they have is not a QB, just not in their system. I saw on the KHSAA that he threw 19 int's and only 4 TD's, not acceptible in a passing offense. Also, their line will have to be a lot more consistent. Defensively, they have to find a way to stop the big play. Some games they would be solid and then give up a 70 yard run.
Assuming they play the same schedule, I think they could rebound and win 7 games.
Should be quite a bit better. Returning a lot of starters and a QB who has the potential to be good. They have fair speed and are agressive up front.
They have the potential to be a pretty good team. They did start several sophmores and even played a couple of freshmen. Their entire linebacking core and secondary returns on defense and most of their skill kids on offense. Also, Ryan Jackson will return to the team (6' 250 pound fullback). He only played in their first game last year.
I think there will be some tweaking on offense and defense for next year. Mainly getting guys in the best positions for them and the team.
Also, I think the offseason will do them some good in the strength\speed department.