Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Random Draw or set rotation for State Tournament
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have always wondered why KHSAA has a random Draw for State Tournament, instead of just a set rotation plan for the regions playing each other.  

Why random draw?

Which would you prefer?
Neither is the best scenario. I feel they need to use the RPI. I know a lot of people don't like it but if it is good enough for football why not use it in basketball. Or something like it.
(01-14-2023, 09:39 PM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]Neither is the best scenario. I feel they need to use the RPI. I know a lot of people don't like it but if it is good enough for football why not use it in basketball. Or something like it.
I agree bluecat they need to do an RPI seeding..so many teams come from a weak region and don’t play many hard teams so their record looks good but then they get to rupp and get beat 30.
(01-14-2023, 09:39 PM)Bluecat Wrote: [ -> ]Neither is the best scenario. I feel they need to use the RPI. I know a lot of people don't like it but if it is good enough for football why not use it in basketball. Or something like it.

Had not thought of RPI, I could see that, it is certainly better than a random drawl.
Go RPI probably increase the Refs.bonus more
Like the draw for this tournament.  Gives some underdogs a chance to advance with a good draw
I like the random draw as well.
Random draw
Don't change nothing
To me it doesn't matter as long as that they don't do the dumb thing of seeding after the tournament/playoffs start like football does.
This whole need to get the best teams to meet in the finals is bull and goes against everything that makes tournaments fun, exciting and unpredictable.

Sidenote: Since football uses RPI after the second round, I think they should use it from the beginning to set the brackets and leave them that way. Right now if you upset a team in the playoffs you get rewarded by getting a higher seed the next game.
Don't tell the Bracken County folks from the 39th district that the state tournament is a random draw...

They've been known to cancel games with other teams because of it.

Surprised they haven't figured out that the regional tournament is a similar blind draw as well, but...
Random draw or you will have classes within 10 years.