Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Craig Ratliff Resigns at Prestonsburg
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
He resigned as of today as head coach at Prestonsburg. 

Very shocked to hear this.
Very surprising news coming out of P'burg!
So, let me get this straight....this guy takes the head coach job at the district rival school of where his own son is playing (Paintsville) for his junior and senior year, then after he graduates, he resigns?

(01-04-2023, 10:16 PM)Fanman Wrote: [ -> ]So, let me get this straight....this guy takes the head coach job at the district rival school of where his own son is playing (Paintsville) for his junior and senior year, then after he graduates, he resigns?

Correction, region, not district
He get a coaching job at a college?
Got a high paying job in sales. Cant blame him. Man has a family. Good luck coach ratliff.
Not surprising. 90% of adults are gone once their kids are gone. Best of luck to him.
Wow! I can’t believe he would just quit and go to sales right before the season starts! If there was a chance of this he should have let them know upfront. Now Pburg is scrambling to replace him right before the season
From what I’ve been told he accepted a job he couldn’t turn down. He wanted to continue to coach, but the new job wouldn’t allow that. Huge blow for the program, but you can’t blame him for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family.
Will Johnny Lemaster stay on?
(01-05-2023, 05:15 AM)BlackcatAlum Wrote: [ -> ]From what I’ve been told he accepted a job he couldn’t turn down. He wanted to continue to coach, but the new job wouldn’t allow that. Huge blow for the program, but you can’t blame him for doing what he thinks is best for him and his family.
This being the case I can see why the sudden resignation. Man must do what is best for their family first and sometimes that means making tough decisions. Good luck to Coach Ratliff on his future job and good luck to Pburg.
Will Jackie Fugate be taking over?
Looks like they will hire within for this year
Bryce Tucker was announced as the new coach, per the Prestonsburg High School Facebook page.