Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Miner Madness
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The East Kentucky Miners look to be promising during the Miner Madness event!
Miner Madness was tonight. Yes they did look pretty good. Only 10 players participated and I'm not sure if that is how many they plan on keeping on their roster. It was a pretty decent turnout, could've been better had it been advertised a lot more. Don't forget the first home game is this Sunday Nov. 18 against Pittsburgh with the tip scheduled at 4 pm. If you cannot make it to the game you can listen to the play-by-play on 95.5.
Uncle Buck Wrote:If you cannot make it to the game you can listen to the play-by-play on 95.5.

You know what makes no sense about the radio coverage is that Q-95 is broadcasting the home games (games you want fans to attend and not simply listen to) and not broadcasting the road games. Why not broadcast the road games? Surely they could've sold it or got some kind of compensation from the franchise to help broadcast the road games too? Or is there enough interest in it from the community?

Maybe the interest will come and they will broadcast road games. I think there are many folks who are holding out their interest in the franchise because they are afraid that once they invest time into the team, they will pack up and leave for another market in a couple of years because that's what happens to many of these franchises.

Let's hope they stick around here.
Whatever happened to music on Q95? So we are going to have to listen to Miners Basketball 3 times a week, Kentucky sports 2-3 times a week, and high school sports 2-3 times a week. Now, where does music fit into this? Which all in all, it may be a good thing Q95 quit playing music, cuz listening to Counting Blue Cars is kinda getting old and seems to be stuck on repeat. Smile
BCF4L Wrote:Whatever happened to music on Q95? So we are going to have to listen to Miners Basketball 3 times a week, Kentucky sports 2-3 times a week, and high school sports 2-3 times a week. Now, where does music fit into this? Which all in all, it may be a good thing Q95 quit playing music, cuz listening to Counting Blue Cars is kinda getting old and seems to be stuck on repeat. Smile

I'll leave no comment on their music because I know ppl that work there and I like them and they may read this crazy stuff on here! Smile

It's my understanding though that they are going to do something like "1" high school game a week and do the Miners home games only, not counting their UK committment.

I like the idea of them only doing "1" high school game a week because it gives my station (WMDJ) a chance to do more High School games and stay committed to local high school basketball with 2 to 3 games per week involving Floyd County teams.