Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Gavin Chadwell - N Laurel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
does anyone know what the status of Gavin Chadwell. I saw him on the bench in normal wear. Is he hurt. If he is hurt what the timeline for his return is. I saw he has only played in three games so far.   Reed and Davidson could really use his help
(12-28-2022, 06:04 PM)Vols0528 Wrote: [ -> ]does anyone know what the status of Gavin Chadwell. I saw him on the bench in normal wear. Is he hurt. If he is hurt what the timeline for his return is. I saw he has only played in three games so far.   Reed and Davidson could really use his help

Should be back next week

Knee injury the day before they played south
They’d be undefeated with him playing.
(12-29-2022, 12:40 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]They’d be undefeated with him playing.

No chance.
To say no chance they would be undefeated may be harsch. They might not be but I have seen all the best teams in the state play and I think you add 1 more player like Gavin to that team and they are going to be extremely strong. That's my take.
The kid is probably the strongest most physical kid in Kentucky playing basketball. He makes driving lanes all day long and can finish almost every time he gets a dime dropped on him. Undefeated easy. Driving lanes is all Reed and Ryan need.
(12-29-2022, 11:13 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]The kid is probably the strongest most physical kid in Kentucky playing basketball.  He makes driving lanes all day long and can finish almost every time he gets a dime dropped on  him.  Undefeated easy.  Driving lanes is all Reed and Ryan need.
He’s a beast in the paint no doubt but not the strongest most physical kid in Kentucky that plays basketball. He’s always been bigger than most kids his age. He was a good get for North but the Warren kid at Corbin 6’6” 210 lbs has developed into a very good player. North road to Region Championship is gonna be harder than most wanna believe. Harlan nor Corbin gonna roll over for them. Corbin deepest bench in 13th Region with starter talent on bench. Don’t count the Hounds out of this basketball season. Coach P will get over the hump and beat South for District Title this year and give fits to North at the arena come March. Go Hounds…
Lol, who’s stronger and more physical? Funny
They probably beat Bowling Green with him but they don’t beat the other four they’ve lost to. You have to get out of the 13th region and watch some basketball around the state sometime.
(12-29-2022, 11:52 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, who’s stronger and more physical?  Funny
Only couple in 13th Region who can play with Chadwell in the paint… Go outside of 13th Region and take a look..Brody Wells is as physical as they get he’s just not as tall and can jump out of gym.. Don’t mistake my opinions for disrespect because I’m a huge Chadwell fan and think if he comes back healthy North could be hard to handle on any given night. I’ll still take Corbin this season as they got too many weapons that have developed in off season. Mid February look for Hounds to roll and be the team that beats North.
(12-29-2022, 12:21 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2022, 11:52 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Lol, who’s stronger and more physical?  Funny
Only couple in 13th Region who can play with Chadwell in the paint… Go outside of 13th Region and take a look..Brody Wells is as physical as they get he’s just not as tall and can jump out of gym.. Don’t mistake my opinions for disrespect because I’m a huge Chadwell fan and think if he comes back healthy North could be hard to handle on any given night. I’ll still take Corbin this season as they got too many weapons that have developed in off season. Mid February look for Hounds to roll and be the team that beats North.

Let's start by beating South. I'll believe it when I see it. What is it--- 12 straight losses and counting , at this point?
I’m gonna say this, north is the heavy favorite to win region. There are teams that can knock them off as they are not leaps and bounds better than every team. They are still the favorites. But they do not go undefeated or become a “for sure” region winner with chadwell. I wish the kid the best and hope he decided to play football and goes on to play at UK or EKU with a great future, but on the court he does not make the difference that some imagine. I think him last year may have made a difference, but when a kid has had three knee injuries in less that 12 months, i hate to say it but his explosiveness and strength will not be the same. People saying he will come back healthy… how healthy can he be and how long is it til it’s tweaks. I pray he comes back better than ever and never gets hurt again, but let’s be real here, injuries are a part of sports.

ps. corbin better get leaps and bounds better if they want to get out the district, more like region… for whoever brought that up.
(12-29-2022, 02:29 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2022, 12:21 PM)Playcaller66 Wrote: [ -> ]

Let's start by beating South. I'll believe it when I see it. What is it--- 12 straight losses and counting , at this point?
Streaks are meant to be broken…If South beats Corbin this season then Davis is the man…
Word on the street Gavin maybe back next week after doctor appointment.
Big G will make North 20 points or more better than everyone in the 13th.
He’s a football player they probably better without him he can’t shoot I don’t think he’s a difference maker at all
(12-29-2022, 11:55 PM)Real baller Wrote: [ -> ]He’s a football player they probably better without him he can’t shoot I don’t think he’s a difference maker at all

Is this one of those…. tell everyone you’ve never watched the kid play without telling everyone you’ve never watched the kid play?

The team is clearly way better with him on the court and he is shooting about 75% from the field and free throw line. So you either really don’t have a clue what you are talking about with your trash talking of a kid or you are some sort of major hater.
what the hell who said he can't score. He played in 3 games prior to the energy and was averaging 15 points a game. Some people think that if you don't score you suck or something. Lord have mercy. However, i think he gives them 13 a night and say 10 rebounds. That is a lot of pressure off of Davidson for sure and actually makes them all better.

If you look at stats, which i think some are incapable of understanding you will see his value.

Kox Central last year he avg 13.6 a game, shot 66.7% from the floor and 8.5 rebounds. Not very strong from the line around 54%.
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_86604_0

Before his injurty after 3 games avg 13.7 for NL and was shooting 75% from the floor, 73% from the line and 7 boards. So explain to me your reasoning for saying he can't score and or would not make a difference.
https://scoreboard.12dt.com/scoreboard/k...ts_88785_0

and he already gave up football and from talking to those coaches at EKU has has said he has given up football all together. I don't know the kid but it soulds like he was done with football. NL just needs him healthy and playing. When you see him in person he is certainly a big kid and just walks with a little you know he has " IT" going on
Watch him play coach against him he can make a layup I’m not saying he’s terrible but he’s not going to make them or break them. I never said one bad thing about any kid if that’s what u took from that post you’re the idiot.

I’m not a fan of post players unless they can stretch the floor.

If u read the post I said he can’t shoot I didn’t say he couldn’t score so pay attention before u start putting words in my mouth.
People in the 13th dread seeing Gavin coming. Players, Daddies, the mommies love him (lol), the kid is a genetic freak and is the best post player in KY. And post players are extinct in KY these days. Keep on talking smack real baller, he is better than you and anyone on your team.
Lol u funny. Do u think they going to throw him the ball hell no. Post players are extinct for a reason the game has changed no need for post players u obviously don’t know shit about basketball if u think he is the best post player in ky keep talking u showing your ignorance.

He’s a hell of a athlete he’s a good player but he is not a difference maker they will be just as good with or without him
Know more than you will ever know you little bastard. You obviously go to North and are jealous of him. Puss. I do know North hasn’t won shit without him. He will open up easy driving lanes. You little ass idiot.
Lol good lord. You two need to get a room
(12-31-2022, 02:23 AM)DukeBoy Wrote: [ -> ]Know more than you will ever know you little bastard.  You obviously go to North and are jealous of him.  Puss.  I do know North hasn’t won shit without him.  He will open up easy driving lanes.  You little ass idiot.

He’s definitely a game changer for the Jaguars and should easily get 15 points a night with 10-12 rebounds. Most definitely the best big man in the 13th Region. After watching The Hounds tonight beat Knoxville Catholic 61-58 I’m fairly certain that the Jaguars will need Chadwell to beat the Hounds. North was heavy favorite to win Region without Chadwell and I’m certain they still favorite without Chadwell. North is just that good. I’m seeing players at North playing harder each game without Chadwell. It’s tough to move over to a loaded North Team and start over kids that have been together since elementary school and travel teams. Chadwell has done that with ease seems like and I suspect he will dominate the paint when he comes back from injury. He’s big, he’s physical, he can go to the boards with anybody in the 13th Region and most in other Regions. Now in my opinion going forward I think you see Ryan Davidson and Reed Sheppard take full control of the North Team and be the best one two punch in the Region. I hope the kid comes back 100% and balls out but I think at this point Sheppard and Davidson are relying on what’s on court now..Did the Dodson kid transfer? Thought he was a starter in summerball?
Now I know u are a stupid ass if u think they need anything to beat average Corbin team I’m glad u are good at name calling bc u don’t know shit about basketball. How does having a big man who can’t shoot open driving lanes it actually clogs it up.

They won the region last year with out him u jackass
Internet Badboy . Your stupid and a ***** just like your dad. I know who you are. He don’t clog up things stupid he makes coal truck lanes like a big offensive tackle does in football. Nobody has stopped him in the 13th ever.
(12-31-2022, 07:34 AM)Real baller Wrote: [ -> ]Now I know u are a stupid ass if u think they need anything to beat average Corbin team I’m glad u are good at name calling bc u don’t know shit about basketball. How does having a big man who can’t shoot open driving lanes it actually clogs it up.

They won the region last year with out him u jackass

Real Baller-if you and Dukeboy wanna bash one another that’s fine but don’t be calling me names because of my opinion about the hounds or anyone beating North. We all got our opinions but sounds like you and dukeboy know one another pretty well. And I will have to agree with Dukeboy the kid is beast in the paint and does open up great driving lanes for his teammates. If North wins Region it’ll be because they are just straight up good. With Chadwell North has a chance to make a deep run at Rupp in the sweet 16. Very impressed with the Hounds beating Knoxville Catholic last night and I believe Knoxville Catholic is Nationally ranked if I heard correctly.
Wow, what dialogue…. I would suggest to at least use symbols instead of the actual words to make it a PG thread lol instead of Rated R. Smile  It’s still the Holidays and plenty of Basketball left lol. I did get a good chuckle though out of reading it…
Pietrowski and Corbin are not just gonna roll over for North, regardless whether Big G is manning the post for the north Londoners , or not. But, let's be clear, the player formerly known as Tight End, is not even in the same universe as 6'8"(and stilll growing) big man Deondrea Lindsey of Knoxville Catholic. Lindsey is not only a post-presence extraordinaire , he can beat you off the dribble and rock the rim and also step out and swish 22- footers. No one has been able to defend that Man-child this year---except for Corbin. Corbin beat Catholic(which has a better supporting cast around its star than does North) and they can beat North. The Jags are still the favorite but not a prohibitive one. This is a tough region.

Look, I like Reed and Big G but I don't trust North after last season . There have been times that , when things start to go South for North, Reed tries to do too much (Pikeville-Exhibit A) and North becomes a hot mess. How many state tournament games has North won with Shepherd and his cousin and his cousin's cousin? lol

Since the end of summer recruiting and North acquired their big guy in the transfer portal, everyone said it was a foregone conclusion that the Jags would breeze through the 13th . Just sayin', Corbin and the Harlan's will have something to say about whether the north Londoners will be crying tears of loss chances , yet again.
(12-31-2022, 12:31 PM)Old School Hound Wrote: [ -> ]Pietrowski and Corbin are not just gonna roll over for North, regardless whether Big G is manning the post for the north Londoners , or not. But, let's be clear, the player formerly known as Tight End, is not even in the same universe as  6'8"(and stilll growing) big man Deondrea Lindsey of Knoxville Catholic. Lindsey is not only a post-presence extraordinaire , he can beat you off the dribble and rock the rim  and also step out and swish 22- footers. No one has been able to defend that Man-child this year---except for Corbin. Corbin beat Catholic(which has a better supporting cast around its star than does North) and they can beat North.    The Jags are still the favorite but not a prohibitive one. This is a tough region.

Look, I like Reed and Big G but I don't trust North after last season . There have been times that ,  when things start to go South for North, Reed tries to do too much (Pikeville-Exhibit A) and North becomes a hot mess. How many  state tournament games has North won with Shepherd and his cousin and his cousin's cousin? lol

Since the end of summer recruiting and North acquired their big guy in the transfer portal, everyone said it was a foregone conclusion that the Jags would breeze through the 13th . Just sayin', Corbin and the Harlan's will have something to say about whether the north Londoners will be crying tears of loss chances , yet again.
Where’s the Dodson kid for North Laurel? I’m certain he was a starter in most if not all of summer ball. Did he transfer?
Pages: 1 2