Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: CNN's Report of WWE Steroids.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
First, watch this video and form an opinion on what John Cena is saying about if he has done steroids or not.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=pVm29YcTNMM

After watching the first video, now watch this one.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=dkj-vd-q5A8

Thanks to CNN, my understanding of video one is that Cena would not admit to not doing steroids but rather just said you could never prove that he has done them. They used their editing techniques to ensure that it sounded as edgy as possible while totally removing his first response of "Absolutely Not".

What are your thoughts on this type of misleading journalism and what other stories are the news agencies spinning to make things look worse than they are. Why can't they just tell us how it is instead of trying to make things seem worse?
I seen that, thats pretty low of CNN to do that. That really could have hurt cena's career.
Yeah I seen this report also.

I was reading on some wrestling forum and it showed an interview in which Cena responded to the report by cnn. I cant remember where it was, but If I find it, i will post it.

This type of stuff happens all the time, all mainstream media sources spin stories. Some more than others.
The WWE blew up when this happened. WWE.com actually had the videos to watch where you could see where Cena said "absolutely not" and then the version that CNN aired.

This actually got around quite a bit and over the fuss, CNN re-edited the interview to include the "absolutely not." Still most of the damage had already been done.

This just shows how journalists fit a story to meet their needs. Of course it's more interesting if Cena dances around the question...but that's not what happened...they just made it appear that way. For them to do this was way out of line. Considering that the majority of Cena's fans are children.
The news always have a funny way of trying to get their points across no matter how they do it. In this case they only showed segments, not the full interview.
Well I thought that he did one of the best interviews I have seen in any sport concerning this topic.
IMO the news media has spun the whole Steroids debate so why stop with Wrestling? They will always find someone to blame for the steroid problem.

CNN, FOX News they all need to Straighten up or be fined for the lies they tell on athletes.

Barry bonds is going to prison for lying to the GJ, These News Agencies are lying to the whole world and getting away with it!!!!!!
All the wrestlers does steriods, they couldnt be that stronge without the stuff. IMO I think wrestin should be band and they all should be stopped from using the stuff.
bobby1 Wrote:All the wrestlers does steriods, they couldnt be that stronge without the stuff. IMO I think wrestin should be band and they all should be stopped from using the stuff.

Care to back up your theory? Do you have evidence that all wrestlers do steroids? In fact, WWE has a wellness policy that suspends/fires wrestlers who use steroids.

There is steroid use in any sport. Baseball, football, bodybuilding, track and field. And do you want to "ban" those sports too? Ridiculous comments.

Did you even read the story above? Cena said that he has never done steroids and has NEVER tested positive for them.

There are a lot of baseball players that have done steroids, do you think the game of baseball should be banned as well?