Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Lawrence County getting turf
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
LCBOE approved the Project to go forward.

Congratulations to Lawrence County.
Proud program that deserves a nice field
Bout time. Their field has been rough for years
What exactly are Ashland and Russell, 2 of which I would think are the richest schools in the area with the richest alumni in the richest residential areas with the richest tax bases, doing with their money? How do these schools not have turf?

South Point, Coal Grove, Ironton, Rock Hill, Huntington, Raceland, Boyd County, and now Lawrence County all have turf and yet Ashland and Russell don't? Could someone knowledgeable about school finances enlighten me?
Nice for them. They had a great rubberized track put in several years ago & let it go to pot. Not sure why they didn't take better care of it & keep it upgraded.
A great day for Bulldog fans! This has been needed for a long time. If it were up to me, I would move the field closer to the bleachers for a true home field advantage. That track is in horrible shape, should rip it out and and do something else. I love it for the athletes and for the community to have something to show off!
(12-21-2022, 10:46 AM)16thregioner Wrote: [ -> ]What exactly are Ashland and Russell, 2 of which I would think are the richest schools in the area with the richest alumni in the richest residential areas with the richest tax bases, doing with their money?  How do these schools not have turf?

South Point, Coal Grove, Ironton, Rock Hill, Huntington, Raceland, Boyd County, and now Lawrence County all have turf and yet Ashland and Russell don't?  Could someone knowledgeable about school finances enlighten me?

Idk about Ashland but Russell sits on their money and brag about how much is in the bank.
Great for Lawrence County. I played in their field in 7 on 7 and it felt like throwing that ball from the middle of the field to the sideline there was a 3 foot drop off. Seemed to have a precedent humped for water drainage.
I believe they made the decision before this past season began but decided to wait after the season. Smart move because we all know how in demand turf is right now. I was also told that Assland made the decision to turf but also waited till after the season to start the project. Idk if that’s true or not but I’ve been told this by a couple different people.

Johnson Central is about to start building a new high school and it’s gonna be a 100 mil plus project. Idk if this includes a new football stadium or not. Does anyone from JC have the low down on what’s what?
(12-21-2022, 09:08 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe they made the decision before this past season began but decided to wait after the season. Smart move because we all know how in demand turf is right now. I was also told that Assland made the decision to turf but also waited till after the season to start the project. Idk if that’s true or not but I’ve been told this by a couple different people.

Johnson Central is about to start building a new high school and it’s gonna be a 100 mil plus project. Idk if this includes a new football stadium or not. Does anyone from JC have the low down on what’s what?
So proud to call Lawrence county home
(12-21-2022, 09:08 PM)RAMDAD50 Wrote: [ -> ]I believe they made the decision before this past season began but decided to wait after the season. Smart move because we all know how in demand turf is right now. I was also told that Assland made the decision to turf but also waited till after the season to start the project. Idk if that’s true or not but I’ve been told this by a couple different people.

I was told that Johnson Central new sports facilities is phase 2 of the build, phase 1 being the school itself.

Lawrence Co has a great freshman class coming in next year so this would be good timing for them, they seem to play well on turf.