Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Travis Egan is KFCA Mr. Football
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
quarterback Travis Egan was named Kentucky's Mr. Football Tuesday, capping off a dream senior season. 
Egan passed for nearly 3,000 yards and rushed for just under 1,000 in leading the Chargers to their first state football title. He amassed 52 touchdowns on the year. He threw four TD's in the championship game win over Male.
Egan capped off that 28-27 victory by catching the game-winning two-point conversion. 

Bullitt East finished 14-1 on the season after dropping its opener to Spencer County. Egan is the first player from the school to win Mr. Football. 
Congratulations!!!
Congratulations!!
Congratulations but I think this award is from the KFCA (Kentucky football coaches association) and they named Pikeville's Chris McNamee as their coach of the year. I thnk the AP Mr. Football is later this month.
Has he signed to play at the next level?
(12-14-2022, 01:46 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]quarterback Travis Egan was named Kentucky's Mr. Football Tuesday, capping off a dream senior season. 
Egan passed for nearly 3,000 yards and rushed for just under 1,000 in leading the Chargers to their first state football title. He amassed 52 touchdowns on the year. He threw four TD's in the championship game win over Male.
Egan capped off that 28-27 victory by catching the game-winning two-point conversion. 

Bullitt East finished 14-1 on the season after dropping its opener to Spencer County. Egan is the first player from the school to win Mr. Football. 
Congrats to him.
Congratulations to Travis Egan, well deserved!!
(12-14-2022, 02:29 PM)16BBall Fan Wrote: [ -> ]Congratulations but I think this award is from the KFCA (Kentucky football coaches association) and they named Pikeville's Chris McNamee as their coach of the year. I thnk the AP Mr. Football is later this month.

AP is usually in Jan I believe.

(12-14-2022, 02:31 PM)Grannyshot Wrote: [ -> ]Has he signed to play at the next level?

He currently holds just two offers but I think he will get some more.  Kentucky Wesleyan and University of Charleston.
VERY deserving!!!
@Bull got out! Can you help me edit my thread to say “ Travis Egan is “KFCA” Mr. Football???? Sorry to confuse folks !!!!
(12-14-2022, 10:56 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]@Bull got out! Can you help me edit my thread to say “ Travis Egan is “KFCA” Mr. Football???? Sorry to confuse folks !!!!

I got you
I think he was in the running for it anyway, but that title game effort and final drive heroics I think sealed the deal for him. Great kid. Really happy for him. Played his entire career at home on "Egan Field" which is what BE's home field is called. Named for his Grandfather who coached BE for 19 or 20 years. Lot's of pressure that he just soaked up and thrived on. Really, really happy for him.
This is a great accomplishment, great season and career, and just one of the reasons to be on Rivals to hear this great story. I hope he gets to go and play where he wants to. Congrats!
For those who haven’t , click on the name “Travis Egan “ in the article I posted .
What a awesome video about him , his dad , and grandfather.
(12-14-2022, 10:56 PM)Deuce8 Wrote: [ -> ]@Bull got out! Can you help me edit my thread to say “ Travis Egan is “KFCA” Mr. Football???? Sorry to confuse folks !!!!

Sorry brother, been chasing deer lol. Trying to put a little meat on the table. Just get to check in every now and then. But looks like Spud took care of you!
Congratulations to the young man for his award
Congratulations
Is his Dad Brandon Egan? BE qb from the late 90s that played DB at WKU?
(12-16-2022, 11:42 AM)Ghostofjoey Wrote: [ -> ]Is his Dad Brandon Egan?  BE qb from the late 90s that played DB at WKU?

Yes !