Bluegrassrivals

Full Version: Betsy Layne at June Buchanan - Nov. 27th
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
The official opener for both squads.

Thoughts?
With Case missing most of preseason practice with football, it will hurt the Bobcats a little bit, but I may be wrong because he is one of the more athletic students in the 15th. IMO, June Buchanan will be too much in the second half for the Bobcats. So I'll go with JBS by 15... Good luck to both.
Case and the Bobcats will be ready for this one. If Newman can dominate the post, I'm gonna say Betsy Layne takes this one in the upset by under 5 points.
Bobcats should win this ine easy. We aren't great at some things, but I believe the Layne has always been pretty good at b-ball. Go BOBCATS!!!!!!

uk96

I just cant see this one being close at all...Jbs should win this by 20 or more....Too much size and too many good guards for Betsy Layne....
uk96 Wrote:I just cant see this one being close at all...Jbs should win this by 20 or more....Too much size and too many good guards for Betsy Layne....

Betsy Layne has a big man too. I wouldn't say too much size. This is one of those big man match ups, but it won't be a fair one. Garrison won't get the looks, and with it in the Grady Nutt, that is already a blow against Betsy Layne.
JBS-71
Betsy Layne-48
JBS by a lot.

uk96

BasketBallonlyfan Wrote:Betsy Layne has a big man to. I wouldnt say to much size. This is one of those big man match ups, but it wont be a fair one. Garrison wont get the looks, and with it in the Grady Nutt, that is already a blow against Betsy Layne.

Garrison is not the only big man they have. Short is 6'6" and Brent Hall plays like Dennis Rodman. JBS has shown signs that they will throw the ball inside more but I guess it depends on how the opposing team plays them. I am not sure what the Grady Nutt comment was so I will leave that one alone.
The Harlem Globetrotters couldn't win at Pippa Passes!!! JBS by 20.
bball fan Wrote:The Harlem Globetrotters couldn't win at Pippa Passes!!! JBS by 20.

HAHA True!! Who will be ref this one, Chad Allen? lol
I have watched JBS play for years and they have no inside game at all. Collins and Hall have no game and Short is lacking in rebounding. This game will be the Stepp show and that is all.
JBS will win by 7.

uk96

bobby1 Wrote:I have watched JBS play for years and they have no inside game at all. Collins and Hall have no game and Short is lacking in rebounding. This game will be the Stepp show and that is all.
JBS will win by 7.

Everyone has their opinion and that is OK but I dont think that Collins would have been named Honorable Mention All American by Sporting News if he had no game. That is a ludicrious statement. If you think that Hall has no game when he could start for any other team in the region then you are again wrong. If you think that Short cant rebound when he averaged 10 a game last year while sharing minutes then you are again wrong. IMO
uk96 Wrote:Everyone has their opinion and that is OK but I dont think that Collins would have been named Honorable Mention All American by Sporting News if he had no game. That is a ludicrious statement. If you think that Hall has no game when he could start for any other team in the region then you are again wrong. If you think that Short cant rebound when he averaged 10 a game last year while sharing minutes then you are again wrong. IMO
agreed....collins is there inside defense...short as a nice touch...n hall does all the little things right..
uk96 Wrote:Everyone has their opinion and that is OK but I dont think that Collins would have been named Honorable Mention All American by Sporting News if he had no game. That is a ludicrious statement. If you think that Hall has no game when he could start for any other team in the region then you are again wrong. If you think that Short cant rebound when he averaged 10 a game last year while sharing minutes then you are again wrong. IMO

You must have got your statistics from the Stepps again, Because Short didnt average 10 boards a game last year. i have watch all of these kids from the time they have been playing basketball and i know how each of these players play.
bobby1 Wrote:You must have got your statistics from the Stepps again, Because Short didnt average 10 boards a game last year. i have watch all of these kids from the time they have been playing basketball and i know how each of these players play.

I am going to agree with uk96. Bobby1 those three boys are better than you are giving them credit for. And how do you know how many boards Short got a game? Was you keeping stats or what?
bball fan Wrote:The Harlem Globetrotters couldn't win at Pippa Passes!!!

That's funny...Smile

Some aren't giving Betsy Layne enough credit. Brian Hall will look to push the ball with his new team and if Newman stays out of foul trouble, this could be an interesting game.
I dont see Betsy Layne staying close with JBS. JBS should win by 20+. No matter what the stats are.
jammin' jamey Wrote:That's funny...Smile

Some aren't giving Betsy Layne enough credit. Brian Hall will look to push the ball with his new team and if Newman stays out of foul trouble, this could be an interesting game.
You named it:"push the ball". Coach Hall couldn't stress getting the ball up the floor any more with this team. Thats one thing he'll bring to the Layne that wasn't there with Rose IMO. The freshman on this team will contribute to the success of the team as well: Maldenado and Martin.
JBS by 25+
Coach Hall is the man, the bobcats in a early shocker.....The bobcats will then be offered to play UK at the expo center, wait and see!!!!!!
JBS. Very few can pull one out at Grady Nutt.
June Buchanan 74
Betsy Lane 49
I think this game will be a good opportunity for Coach Stepp to get some of his younger guys in and see how they adapt to the varsity level....If he has a few guys hanging around there in his rotation, I think this will be a good chance for him to get a look at those guys....I would like to see BL win this game since they are from the 15th region but I just dont see this one even being close.....But anyway, good luck to the Bobcats!
and_1 Wrote:I am going to agree with uk96. Bobby1 those three boys are better than you are giving them credit for. And how do you know how many boards Short got a game? Was you keeping stats or what?
YES
i think JBS should destroy them
Tailback44 Wrote:HAHA True!! Who will be ref this one, Chad Allen? lol

probably some little teenagers, that act like they are refs...... i would love to see betsy lane pull this one off...
i really dont see this one being close..June Buchanon by a lot..they can easily put 100 on the board durin any game
I dont see this game being close....JBS is too strong for Betsy Lane.
jbs 20+
Pages: 1 2